Sponsored

HONOLULU FORD/LITHIA MOTORS - BUYERS BEWARE!!!

jrhawaii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
XLT hybrid AREA 51 - Lux + 360

Ordered July 8. After all the wait, salesman sent a text (04/08) and says its getting here next week and since the vin has been assigned we can get the paperwork started. Was like wow not even going to let me see it or test drive it but unless something was wrong with it I had planned on just going down and buying it. Being that I planned to pay cash I asked for the out the door price so I could transfer funds into my checking account. Guy says ok and that he wasn't at the office but would send me the total when he got in. Next he tries pushing extended warranty on me and claims its for another 6 years (claims 6 more on top of the 3 Ford gives so total of 9 years) and comes with lifetime oil. I ask how much, he says $5200 but let him see what he can do. I text back and say sorry but I pass for now because that's over my budget at this time. Now the next text says "this is crazy, there are a bunch of callers (I talked to 5) who called in for your Maverick. They think its for sale... Told them NO. Lol... boy they are very insistent". How is it that I cant see that it was even on the ship to Hawaii and others know its coming? Next text ask if I did a deposit (was told deposit wasn't needed) and he's looking for the doc but can't find his copy (HMMM). Next I get a pic of the price - selling price $35,000, taxable fees $25.00, doc fee $395.00, tax $1668.99, reg fee $413.50 - unpaid balance 37502.49 WHATIII I text back and say you sure about that price, thought Ford requires you to hold to MSRP on special order vehicles?

Next he calls me (guess doesn't want to give me more evidence of his wrong doings) and claims that when I came down to order the vehicle he explained to me that they add on a $5995 addendum and a $2000 arctic blast (what the BLEEP is that BS) to all vehicles, I stop him and told him that he did not tell me that and that I had asked for the price and he didn't want to give me the price. He then goes on again about not being able to find the documents again. We exchange a few more words and he tries to get me to stop in so we can talk, I tell him ya when I have time.

When I got home a few hours later I texted him the email and the build sheet I signed and emailed back to him. He text me back saying this wasn't the original build sheet we did and that one had the estimated MSRP, the HI Market Adjustment $5995 and Arctic Blast $2000. Well the only other thing I signed for and at the dealership was the online order form, which I sent him and that showed nothing about what he is saying. It's funny how I send him 2 documents that 1. he made me sign and even copied my drivers' license at the dealership and 2. he emailed me to again sign and send back to him. I got all my documentation so how is it that he is still trying to claim we agreed to $10,000+ more when he can't find his copy!

This is the FIRST time I am trying to buy a FORD product and right now I feel so violated by this Dealership and salesman that I don't even want to deal with him anymore but I am not willing to give up this truck without a fight because this is just not right!

I am just so frustrated and having a hard time finding all the right post to find the information I need to get this moving forward, so I'm posting this in hope that some kind people will understand and help out. Yes I know Tim got a lot of good information and I need to look over his youtube videos again... I hope Ford or anyone can help...

04/11 - let me just update the part about asking for the price and he didn't give me one. I asked for the out the door price not just how much it was, that was indicated online and on the build sheet. So yes maybe that was when I should have known shadiness was going to take place and I should have walked but I try not to pass judgment on people until it's warranted. Even car salespeople lol

04/23 - lost the truck! I will be updated soon. Anyone buying from these guys can PM me for more information if what's on here already is not enough information but let me just put this out, GET A SIGNED BUYERS AGREEMENT OR OTHER CONTRACT FROM THEM NOW (IF YOU DIDN'T AND ORDERED ALREADY) OR PLANNING ON ORDERING FROM THEM, WITH YOUR FINAL TOTAL PRICE SIGNED BY NOT ONLY YOU BUT THE MANAGER OR YOU MAY GET BAIT AND SWITCHED!!! I know there maybe some honest employees so I don't want to say you will, but don't depend on the GM either she doesn't return calls. Main company LITHIA MOTORS doesn't reply back either! So again BUYER BEWARE!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is arctic blast? You don’t have your signed copy of the deal from the order date?

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
He is trying to push you away from your order because he knows there are buyers that will pay their mark ups.

BobbyM

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Wow! Sorry about that. It seems to me that more and more of these pre-ordered Mavericks are getting ADM and/or useless add-ons. I know there are a couple dealerships where I live that were selling their cancelled ordered Mavericks on their lot for MSRP back in Oct, Nov and such, but now sell them for huge markups or add-ons. It's like they've jumped on some kind of gravy train bandwagon. I don't think Ford CEO's press release a couple months ago had any effect on these dealerships. On some of the FB group's posts, people are getting their orders with suprise mark-ups added.

Sponsored

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You picked the wrong dealer.
contact Ford, a lawyer, the BBB, and take to social media including their website.

Attack. Smear their name everywhere and anywhere that you can.
Don’t be nice! Crush these assholes everywhere and anywhere that you can. This is is criminal and make Ford look bad.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This kind of thing scares the hell out of me. I wasn't one of the early ones like most here so I cant order till August 16th for 2023. BUT if this kind of crap is happening it really makes me think twice about ordering one. .

To OP. Name the dealer please. Can and will they just ignore your signed order? I would like to know what happens here.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I stop him and told him that he did not tell me that and that I had asked for the price and he didn't want to give me the price.
I got all my documentation so how is it that he is still trying to claim we agreed to $10,000+ more when he can't find his copy!
In the end, he probably won't rely on the claim that you agreed to the higher price.

Instead, he will likely just say that he never gave you an agreed price.

You can try whatever pressure you are able to apply in order to get a fairer deal. But legally it doesn't look like you have much of a claim. Your statement in your opening post (that you asked for a final price back in the summer and he wouldn't give you one) is pretty much an admission that you never had an agreement on price.

It's a dirty way to do business, but they are likely to get away with it. Maybe you can shame them into doing better.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This kind of thing scares the hell out of me. I wasn't one of the early ones like most here so I cant order till August 16th for 2023. BUT if this kind of crap is happening it really makes me think twice about ordering one. .

To OP. Name the dealer please. Can and will they just ignore your signed order? I would like to know what happens here.
Don’t be scared to buy one but be very cautious and know the process and get it in writing.
I had no issues and with a good dealer you won’t either.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jrhawaii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
What is arctic blast? You don’t have your signed copy of the deal from the order date?
I got no idea what Arctic Blast is, probably some made up shit to double dip me with markups. And in the post I stated I have both the online order sheet and build sheet signed but salesman claiming that's not the one he had me sign when I went to the dealer, even though he can't seem to find his copy of the one he claims I signed with the 2 markups on. Hmmm wonder who is lying and who is telling the truth here... lol

OP
OP

jrhawaii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Fogery document, forced bundled sale....

This is going beyond adding markups but becomes criminal. I think you should get a lawyer now.
Well can't say forgery, because he hasn't produced the forged build sheet with the 2 items on it, YET! Or did you mean they going to claim I'm forging the 2 signed forms at the true price? lol. And I do have a Lawyer but I'm not taking things there YET!
Sponsored