Sponsored

How are some of you guys already placing orders?

arkanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Honda Fit
I called dealers around my area and they have zero information on ordering and said they probably won't know until the end of the month, but I see some posts on here of people already having ordered. What's going on? I would think dealers would be on the same page here?
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
I called dealers around my area and they have zero information on ordering and said they probably won't know until the end of the month, but I see some posts on here of people already having ordered. What's going on? I would think dealers would be on the same page here?
You can “Reserve” now. Holding your spot in line.
you can’t Officially order until later. A month or so. And that’s when you work out financing and all that.

you can COMPLETELY change your reservation any time all the way up to till you sign on the line. And you won’t loose your place in the production line

OP
OP

arkanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Honda Fit
That is my understanding, but some people in this forum have already placed orders for specific specs with $1,000 deposits.

flimay2k

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called a couple of dealers around me and they said the same, but then I got in touch with Tom from Chapman Ford of Horsham and he placed the order with the 3% discount, after a few minutes I got an e-mail from Ford confirming.

I think they just don't know what they are doing.

Ford Maverick How are some of you guys already placing orders? Screenshot 2021-06-10 124525

OP
OP

arkanos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Honda Fit
Wonder if he has some inside info that's letting him put orders through. Shame he's 12 hours away.

Sponsored

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Wonder if he has some inside info that's letting him put orders through. Shame he's 12 hours away.
I visited my dealer in person yesterday and submitted a pre-order. You are definitely able to submit orders now, unfortunately, it looks like some dealerships around the country are misinformed and/or uninformed.

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i had no problem ordering mine (after I told the Manager people on this site was already ordering from Ford), after he checked yesterday, it opened up the ordering and I received a confirmation from Ford that my order sheet has been placed in que

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i had no problem ordering mine (after I told the Manager people on this site was already ordering from Ford), after he checked yesterday, it opened up the ordering and I received a confirmation from Ford that my order sheet has been placed in que
I've thrown in the "I know other dealers are submitting orders based upon a Maverick forum" in my emails to three dealers in my area so we'll see if they play ball or if I need to look elsewhere.

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
I imagine my order has technically not been submitted by the dealer because I have yet to receive the email confirmation from Ford.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have one hard quote from one Canadian dealer, seeing what another can do...

2022 maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost

FX4, Towing, Luxury Package, Co-Pilot 360, Carbonized Grey
$38,970 (Canadian MSRP)+$899 admin+taxes
$1500 deposit.

Sponsored

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just out of curiosity re those who have already ordered (and are planning to finance it), did your dealer require you to complete a credit app to do the order?

Jukebox Nero

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Maverick Lariat Alto Blue FX4 4k 2.0 EB
Just out of curiosity re those who have already ordered (and are planning to finance it), did your dealer require you to complete a credit app to do the order?
No credit app for me, but they had me do a generic contract so they could place an order. Mine told me it was needed to show a real person wanted the truck and it was not being ordered for dealer stock.

But I still have not received the confirmation letter some here have gotten.

NotAnonymous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No credit app for me, but they had me do a generic contract so they could place an order. Mine told me it was needed to show a real person wanted the truck and it was not being ordered for dealer stock.

But I still have not received the confirmation letter some here have gotten.
That makes more sense than the credit app...I'm not going to be pressured into having my credit run when I have no idea when the truck will be built and, thus, what Ford Credit will be offering. So, I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer as to my questions on that front.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have one hard quote from one Canadian dealer, seeing what another can do...

2022 maverick XLT 2.0 Ecoboost

FX4, Towing, Luxury Package, Co-Pilot 360, Carbonized Grey
$38,970 (Canadian MSRP)+$899 admin+taxes
$1500 deposit.
Another dealer, $500 off $1000 deposit.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh COVID, you make buying a car much easier, as I don't have to do the face-to-face and the walk to the manager's office.
Sponsored