Sponsored

What are the best accessories or mods you've done?

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have only added a few items, but I started with a Lariat! My Chili Pepper Red now has the Ford mud flaps and a rear view mirror with HomeLink, auto dimming and a compass. The bed mat is on order from the local Ford dealer and I will order a tailgate shock soon. Next big ticket item will be PPF (paint protecting film) and a window tint.
Sponsored

Reactions: Dad

AndrewinMD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have only added a few items, but I started with a Lariat! My Chili Pepper Red now has the Ford mud flaps and a rear view mirror with HomeLink, auto dimming and a compass. The bed mat is on order from the local Ford dealer and I will order a tailgate shock soon. Next big ticket item will be PPF (paint protecting film) and a window tint.
Do you have a link for the mirror? I remember reading a thread about those but can't remember where it was. Since I have autodimming on my current mirror, I think I may wind up missing that feature. Thanks.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stubby Jr. Antenna
Alla LED Cargo and Reverse lights
AAWireless adapter for Android Auto (Probably my favorite)
Nilight LED Strips for bed rail.
Miami Dolphins Tow Hitch Cover (Close second favorite)

Still to come - Lightning Style DRL lighting, Truxedo tonneau cover, hood protector, tailgate letter inserts, floor liners for hybrid, tailgate assist, and ceramic tint for front windows. Then a good wash before ceramic coating.

Last edited:

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to hear what modifications, accessories, or improvements have given you the highest return on money spent in terms of usability and enjoyment of your Maverick.

List below what mods you've performed and pick the two you've been most pleased with.

**Please include manufacturer and model details for any third party parts/accessories!**
Haven't installed any since I still don't have the truck but I have a garage full of addons which include:
Bronco Sport Badlands wheels
Nokian Outpost APT tires
Lasfit LED bulbs all around
Maverick Neoprene Set Covers
Maverick BED Mat
Maverick bed cubbies -two
Gator SFX tonneau cover
Radio Glass touch screen protector Amazon
Rockblocx mud flaps

Other items I don't have but I will add with the truck
PPF for front bumper XPEL
IGL Ceramic coat
Weathertech rock and bug deflector
Spray In Bedliner (Bullet or LineX))
Nano Carbon Ceramic window film front seat windows

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have a link for the mirror? I remember reading a thread about those but can't remember where it was. Since I have autodimming on my current mirror, I think I may wind up missing that feature. Thanks.
There's a thread here devoted to the mirror. I can give you a link to a YouTube video on how to install it.

Sponsored

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022+ Ford Maverick 8" Screen Protector Kit
The matte finish significantly helps with glare and fingerprints!
Check out our YouTube video going over them here!
Thanks for passing this along. Please allow me to post my own concerns. Firstly, I see too many things that might go wrong while installing the protector and it sounds like it's a permanent install. Secondly, I don't see screen fingerprints as a major issue that has to be corrected. Lastly, I would be concerned that the film might make the screen less responsive. I'm open to disagreements on this.

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for passing this along. Please allow me to post my own concerns. Firstly, I see too many things that might go wrong while installing the protector and it sounds like it's a permanent install. Secondly, I don't see screen fingerprints as a major issue that has to be corrected. Lastly, I would be concerned that the film might make the screen less responsive. I'm open to disagreements on this.
They work just like a screen protector on your phone would. No sacrifices to screen response, same install process and can easily be removed. I linked our YouTube video going over these for people that might have the those same concerns.

Fingerprints might not be a huge concern to some, but to others, including myself, fingerprints on screens drive me CRAZY.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They work just like a screen protector on your phone would. No sacrifices to screen response, same install process and can easily be removed. I linked our YouTube video going over these for people that might have the those same concerns.

Fingerprints might not be a huge concern to some, but to others, including myself, fingerprints on screens drive me CRAZY.
Thank you for the clarifications! Much appreciated! I get how others are bothered by fingerprints and I hope my post didn't minimize other's concerns.

Rockingchair

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just bought one off E-pay since no one has had much luck with the Kia closeout mirrors. I spent $35 including shipping. The one I got was off of a 2016 or so Kia Forte or Optima. Make sure that a pigtail is included ant they don,t just unplug the mirror from the harness and make sure that the mirror is a gen 4 that matches the Genex # in the thread. I don't recall the numbers at this time.

Sponsored

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bedrug... i gave my daughter the regular bed mat.

OP
OP
Ferroplasm

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok folks, this is my thread and having owned my Maverick for about 12 days now I finally get to share the modifications I've installed. Here they are in no particular order.

1. Bullet Spray in Bedliner - I removed the SIBL back in December when it was a constraint item. The Bullet liner is nice, but pricy compared to factory at $650. Still cheaper than line-X...
Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_2823

2. Extang Trifecta ALX soft tri-fold tonneau - Maybe my favorite mod? The build quality and fitment is topnotch and Alex from realtruck.com gave me an excellent deal on it. Highly recommend this.
Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_2832

3. Lund Aeroskin Smoke Hood Protector - purchased with Ford Pass points. There was a tiny little scratch I found on it when I opened to inspect it during pickup from my dealer. I was able to get them to give it to me at dealer cost, $55. Looks good and will hopefully protect the hood paint.
Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_2831.HEIC

4. Ford rubber bed mat - can't find a link to it on their website, for some reason. Purchased with Ford Pass points. Probably somewhat redundant with the Bullet liner, but I wanted a softer surface and something to protect the bed from dents.

5. Nilight 60-in LED Bed Strip Kit with Round Rocker Switch - This is probably the best bang-for-buck mod. I did NOT want the integrated push button switch for the Nilight kit flopping around the bed and couldn't think of a creative way to mount it, so I opted to install a panel mount rocker switch on the left side plastic panel (seen in next photo). I left the built-in push button switch attached and secured it behind the panel.
Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_2829.HEIC

6. Qidoe Switched USB and 12V Outlet Panel - Super easy to wire and install on the left side plastic panel.
Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_2826

7. X-Terrain Truck Bed Extender - Cheaper and better design, IMO, than the Ford bed extender. Looks factory and installs easily, but somewhat tight fit. My only issue is the manufacturer does not provide enough bolts and washers. You will NOT want to use to included screws for installation.
Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_2822

8. Mayco Bell Microfiber Leather Car Medium Steering Wheel Cover - I saw someone on the forum purchased this cover. I'm iffy on whether I like it. Definitely not necessary but it was fairly inexpensive.
Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_2830.HEIC

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok folks, this is my thread and having owned my Maverick for about 12 days now I finally get to share the modifications I've installed. Here they are in no particular order.

1. Bullet Spray in Bedliner - I removed the SIBL back in December when it was a constraint item. The Bullet liner is nice, but pricy compared to factory at $650. Still cheaper than line-X...
IMG_2823.jpg

2. Extang Trifecta ALX soft tri-fold tonneau - Maybe my favorite mod? The build quality and fitment is topnotch and Alex from realtruck.com gave me an excellent deal on it. Highly recommend this.
IMG_2832.jpg

3. Lund Aeroskin Smoke Hood Protector - purchased with Ford Pass points. There was a tiny little scratch I found on it when I opened to inspect it during pickup from my dealer. I was able to get them to give it to me at dealer cost, $55. Looks good and will hopefully protect the hood paint.
IMG_2831.HEIC.jpg

4. Ford rubber bed mat - can't find a link to it on their website, for some reason. Purchased with Ford Pass points. Probably somewhat redundant with the Bullet liner, but I wanted a softer surface and something to protect the bed from dents.

5. Nilight 60-in LED Bed Strip Kit with Round Rocker Switch - This is probably the best bang-for-buck mod. I did NOT want the integrated push button switch for the Nilight kit flopping around the bed and couldn't think of a creative way to mount it, so I opted to install a panel mount rocker switch on the left side plastic panel (seen in next photo). I left the built-in push button switch attached and secured it behind the panel.
IMG_2829.HEIC.jpg

6. Qidoe Switched USB and 12V Outlet Panel - Super easy to wire and install on the left side plastic panel.
IMG_2826.jpg

7. X-Terrain Truck Bed Extender - Cheaper and better design, IMO, than the Ford bed extender. Looks factory and installs easily, but somewhat tight fit. My only issue is the manufacturer does not provide enough bolts and washers. You will NOT want to use to included screws for installation.
IMG_2822.jpg

8. Mayco Bell Microfiber Leather Car Medium Steering Wheel Cover - I saw someone on the forum purchased this cover. I'm iffy on whether I like it. Definitely not necessary but it was fairly inexpensive.
IMG_2830.HEIC.jpg
Question about your hood deflector. Does stuff get caught underneath those? I saw a Lexus with a slightly transparent hood deflector in a parking lot the other day, and there was a ton of debris and crap caught between the deflector and the hood. Looked terrible and probably pretty bad for the paint

OP
OP
Ferroplasm

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Question about your hood deflector. Does stuff get caught underneath those? I saw a Lexus with a slightly transparent hood deflector in a parking lot the other day, and there was a ton of debris and crap caught between the deflector and the hood. Looked terrible and probably pretty bad for the paint
I think that's possible but it's designed to minimize debris entrapment. The top tape strips are very close together. Close enough that things like leaves, pine needles, etc won't be able to enter. Pollen or road dirt does have potential to enter, but the gap is super small so it shouldn't be a large amount. Tape on the bottom is gapped to allow water and debris a path to exit. If the hood is kept clean it shouldn't be a big issue.
Sponsored

Last edited: