Sponsored

What are the best accessories or mods you've done?

Bigsarge

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
1. Lasfit bulbs for front turn signals - No hyperflash
2. Alla red bulbs in the taillights - Causing hyperflash...will look to add resistors
3. Stubby antenna - Easy change and worth every penny. Looks so much better than the stock antenna.
4. BakFlip Mx4 Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Bought my cover from Tonneau Covered for $889. Excellent deal compared to other places and I received it within 10 days. Looks great on the Mav!
5. Plan on adding the bed extender and tailgate assist
Did the stubby antenna affect the radio reception any?
Sponsored

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
None that I have experienced, yet. I am still able to pick up an AM station 2 hours away from here. FM comes in clear.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As many others have reported, I have not experienced any loss of reception. I cannot speak for driving in remote areas.

Billy

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 53 Dodge M37
I found a fuzzy Cookie Monster, at a rummage sale for $1.00, that fits in the empty space to the right of the back-up camera screen. I also got Winnie the Poo, and Tigger, so I can rotate them.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I need the K/N who is selling the Mav specific unit ? Thx

Sponsored

stevhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I think it will be the Perimeter Plus with remote start, once I install it. I just can't seem to see a good spot to mount the control module. Does anyone have any suggestions?

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok folks, this is my thread and having owned my Maverick for about 12 days now I finally get to share the modifications I've installed. Here they are in no particular order.

8. Mayco Bell Microfiber Leather Car Medium Steering Wheel Cover - I saw someone on the forum purchased this cover. I'm iffy on whether I like it. Definitely not necessary but it was fairly inexpensive.
IMG_2830.HEIC.jpg
So after about 6 weeks of use, what is your opinion of this steering wheel cover? I am debating getting one of these but I probably have years to wait for my MY22 MY28 Maverick to arrive.

Daraius

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daraius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Added the MRT hood assist, tailgate damper, wireless carplay, Weathertech fitted floor mats, bed extender, tri-fold soft bed cover, door sills decals and maverick decal for tailgate

OP
OP
Ferroplasm

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So after about 6 weeks of use, what is your opinion of this steering wheel cover? I am debating getting one of these but I probably have years to wait for my MY22 MY28 Maverick to arrive.
It's solid and looks good. I wear a medium sized gloves and it feels a tiny bit large, but the material is better than OEM so I'm keeping it.

respi133

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think it will be the Perimeter Plus with remote start, once I install it. I just can't seem to see a good spot to mount the control module. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Pull the driver-side side panel off of the dash, it's like four clips? pops right out, back in. Buncha harness stuff but critically, some good metal brackets to strap the VSS to. Also helps to get better angles since you can basically reach all the way down to the OBD itself. I strapped by VSS here, after initially mounting in the wiring above the pedals. Initially even on highest settings the alarm wouldn't even single chirp (first offense) but in the new spot it will react to me rummaging around in the backseat.

Sponsored

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Two that I've actually used the most have been my Tailgate Damper and Undercover Ultra Flex Bed Cover. I totally hate a tailgate that just falls. These two have made my life a bit easier, hauling stuff that is protected from the elements. One other I got is the bed extender and I've used this at the end of the tail gate turned inwards to keep my groceries from going all over the bed several times now. Like that. :)
Where did you get your damper from please?

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The tailgate assist is really nice. The 4knines rear seat cover is waterproof, tough, and fits perfectly. Great for pets and 4 year olds.
Is your tailgate assist the Ford OEM? If not, which did you install please? Thank you.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
my wireless carplay. so much better than wired carplay. my next buy is wirless charger.. If only it came on xlt model already!

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Is your tailgate assist the Ford OEM? If not, which did you install please? Thank you.
Yes, I got it from the accessories site. I think the company is DeeZee or something like that.

Newtotrucksvt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have only added a few items, but I started with a Lariat! My Chili Pepper Red now has the Ford mud flaps and a rear view mirror with HomeLink, auto dimming and a compass. The bed mat is on order from the local Ford dealer and I will order a tailgate shock soon. Next big ticket item will be PPF (paint protecting film) and a window tint.
Do the Ford mud flaps cover the void in the driver's side rear wheel well? I want to keep the salt and grime out of there. It looks like RokBlocks cover it well, but they're a little pricey.
Sponsored