Sponsored

What are your First Settings Mods recommendations?

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Okay, so my Mav is coming soon, and there have been all kinds of conversations on here about first mods, like adding the tailgate assist, tailgate letters, that kind of thing. But for the uninitiated, what do you think are the most important first settings changes to make? Like how to turn off the seatbelt chime? Any other kind of important control panel settings and changes to make, that kind of thing? What do you recommend as the top, get to them as quickly as you can kind of setting changes?
Sponsored

A Sturdy Beast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lucky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mav XL Hybrid, Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Okay, so my Mav is coming soon, and there have been all kinds of conversations on here about first mods, like adding the tailgate assist, tailgate letters, that kind of thing. But for the uninitiated, what do you think are the most important first settings changes to make? Like how to turn off the seatbelt chime? Any other kind of important control panel settings and changes to make, that kind of thing? What do you recommend as the top, get to them as quickly as you can kind of setting changes?
The defaults are not bad. If you have the regular sound system, setting it to driver centric is a noticeable improvement.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I turned off the brake holding setting when sitting in a line.didnt like how it was giving a jerk when you gave it gas to release it.

mitchwkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I put the "MAVERICK" lettering on my tailgate and love it. Bought it from Ford.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

First thing I did was put a tonneau cover on. There are lots of choices and options. Everyone has their own favorite. They are a simple DYI project to add more versatility to your truck.

Sponsored

A_streetkid_named_desire

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mazda Miata, 2011 Subaru Impreza, 2014 CR-V
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The defaults are not bad. If you have the regular sound system, setting it to driver centric is a noticeable improvement.
Was driving with my wife in the passenger seat yesterday and she goes "why does it sounds so bad(the music)?" I thought it sounded fine from my seat. Went into sound settings and noticed that it was set to driver by default.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First mod for me if you want to call it a mod is a 2 day process Black Fluid Film undercoating. All plastic and skid plates removed.

Weather Tech floor mats, LasFit backup LED bulbs & DeeZee tailgate assistl.

Then I am out of mod money for a while. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Last Truck Ever

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This got a little off base, also possible I didn't ask the question clearly: I'm not talking about body-type modifications like tailgate lettering, mud flaps, etc. I'm talking about "I'm scrolling through the menu of settings for the first time since picking up the truck, what should I immediately think about setting or turning off/on?"

Egz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid Lariat, 1967 Fairlady
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm so happy I finally disabled that stupid Double-Honk when you close the door while the engine is running.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some people disable auto-bright/auto-dim headlight "feature."

I drive across private land to get to my mailbox. First thing I will do is disable the seatbelt chime, at least for the driver's seat. It can be turned off for each seating position.

I will also try to disable anything that auto-honks the horn.
Sponsored

Last edited: