Sponsored

What are the best accessories or mods you've done?

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to hear what modifications, accessories, or improvements have given you the highest return on money spent in terms of usability and enjoyment of your Maverick.

List below what mods you've performed and pick the two you've been most pleased with.

**Please include manufacturer and model details for any third party parts/accessories!**
Sponsored

Last edited:

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Two that I've actually used the most have been my Tailgate Damper and Undercover Ultra Flex Bed Cover. I totally hate a tailgate that just falls. These two have made my life a bit easier, hauling stuff that is protected from the elements. One other I got is the bed extender and I've used this at the end of the tail gate turned inwards to keep my groceries from going all over the bed several times now. Like that. :)

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1. Lasfit bulbs for front turn signals - No hyperflash
2. Alla red bulbs in the taillights - Causing hyperflash...will look to add resistors
3. Stubby antenna - Easy change and worth every penny. Looks so much better than the stock antenna.
4. BakFlip Mx4 Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Bought my cover from Tonneau Covered for $889. Excellent deal compared to other places and I received it within 10 days. Looks great on the Mav!
5. Plan on adding the bed extender and tailgate assist

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The tailgate assist is really nice. The 4knines rear seat cover is waterproof, tough, and fits perfectly. Great for pets and 4 year olds.

Johnnybayday

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.coastalfamilydental.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tailgate assist is a must especially if you have kids... that tailgate and slam real hard and fast without it.

So far I have the tailgate assist, stubby atenna, trifold tonneau, ceramic tint 30 percent, some bulb changes, reverse LED, blinkers in front, cabin leds. Fun truck!

Sponsored

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cruise control with FORScan, by far the best. Second is the bed mat.

The only remaining mod I have done is the Gator SFX tonneau cover.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Truxedo Lo Pro Soft roll up tonneau keep my tools dry, Elevate rails with Angry Elephant Rack for hauling everything but mostly lumber, old F150 Rubber Bed mat cut to size, cubby storage on drivers side, led lights for bed. Also added the Escape all weather mats instead of Weathertech since they cover all of the carpet. All useful for me.

Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_1758

Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_1753

Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_1791.JPG

Ford Maverick What are the best accessories or mods you've done? IMG_1750.JPG

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd like to hear what modifications, accessories, or improvements have given you the highest return on money spent in terms of usability and enjoyment of your Maverick.

List below what mods you've performed and pick the two you've been most pleased with.
*-Tail gate assist (an absolute must in my book)
-Stubby antenna replacement. (Some people thought I had a giant RC truck)
-Cargo bed divider. Used 2x6 redwood - planed and routed to eliminate any sharp edges, then 3 coats of polyurethane.
*-BAK MX4 trifold tonneau cover. Easy to install and fits like a glove.
-Dash cam
-ABS chrome letter inserts for MAVERICK tailgate stamp.

*most pleased with

Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Top ten for me:

1) Dash cams - Front and Rear

2) Removing the rear headrests.

3) K&N Drop In Replacement Air Filter - Immediate performance and throttle response improvement, cured the off the line acceleration hesitation I was having also.

4) Broadway Wide Angle Rear View Mirror Clip On Mirror with Blue Tint - Clips onto the factory rear view mirror.

5) Rough country soft-trifold tonneau cover - great fit and quality, love it!

6) Rubber-Cal 4x6 Rubber Diamond Plate 1/8 Flooring - Cutting to fit as a bed mat

7) 2 inch blind spot mirrors from GotoSpot on Amazon mounted on the inner corners of the side view mirrors - Extra coverage on the bed and rear corners without adjusting mirrors.

8) LED cargo lights - Huge improvement

9) LASFIT switchback front led turnsignals - love them, much cleaner look in my opinion than stock

10) LASFIT led 3rd brake light bulb - Completed the look with the led cargo lights.

Honorable mention but so-so in value mods for me:

1) Truck Bed Mesh 3 pocket Cargo Organizer from Amazon - Buy or build a bed divider instead in my opinion

2) Yuntec dog seat cover for rear seats - virtually useless if you remove the headrests, look elsewhere for something that doesn’t require mounting with head rests.

3) Alla Lighting Superbright LED Pure Red Taillight Bulbs - cool but hyperflash on the dash sometimes, leaving them in there for now.

4) Trobo front car seat kick mats- work just not much side coverage on the front seats

5) Faraday key fob bag (rfid signal blocking) - Works fine but is inconvenient due to its size (3x5). I couldn’t find a rfid blocking key fob cover and didn’t want to wait.

6) Adam’s polishes iron remover - Prep and steps required were too much in my opinion in freezing temps. I skipped it and used a claybar kit instead with probably the same or better results.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Top ten for me:

1) Dash cams - Front and Rear

2) Removing the rear headrests.

3) K&N Drop In Replacement Air Filter - Immediate performance and throttle response improvement, cured the off the line acceleration hesitation I was having also.

4) Broadway Wide Angle Rear View Mirror Clip On Mirror with Blue Tint - Clips onto the factory rear view mirror.

5) Rough country soft-trifold tonneau cover - great fit and quality, love it!

6) Rubber-Cal 4x6 Rubber Diamond Plate 1/8 Flooring - Cutting to fit as a bed mat

7) 2 inch blind spot mirrors from GotoSpot on Amazon mounted on the inner corners of the side view mirrors - Extra coverage on the bed and rear corners without adjusting mirrors.

8) LED cargo lights - Huge improvement

9) LASFIT switchback front led turnsignals - love them, much cleaner look in my opinion than stock

10) LASFIT led 3rd brake light bulb - Completed the look with the led cargo lights.

Honorable mention but so-so in value mods for me:

1) Truck Bed Mesh 3 pocket Cargo Organizer from Amazon - Buy or build a bed divider instead in my opinion

2) Yuntec dog seat cover for rear seats - virtually useless if you remove the headrests, look elsewhere for something that doesn’t require mounting with head rests.

3) Alla Lighting Superbright LED Pure Red Taillight Bulbs - cool but hyperflash on the dash sometimes, leaving them in there for now.

4) Trobo front car seat kick mats- work just not much side coverage on the front seats

5) Faraday key fob bag (rfid signal blocking) - Works fine but is inconvenient due to its size (3x5). I couldn’t find a rfid blocking key fob cover and didn’t want to wait.

6) Adam’s polishes iron remover - Prep and steps required were too much in my opinion in freezing temps. I skipped it and used a claybar kit instead with probably the same or better results.
Very smart improvements. Can I trouble you for a link to the LED Cargo lights on the cab? Never understood how someone at Ford didn't notice the difference between the LED light inside the bed and the regular lights on the cab.

eRay

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Nissan Kicks, 2009 F-150 STX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So far just the factory bed mat. I plan on putting a set of XLT wheels on my XL as soon as I can find a set for sale.

rth121

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very smart improvements. Can I trouble you for a link to the LED Cargo lights on the cab? Never understood how someone at Ford didn't notice the difference between the LED light inside the bed and the regular lights on the cab.
Here was my install for the Lasfit LED bulbs (switchback + 3rd brake light/cargo light):
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...argo-light-3rd-brake-light.10625/#post-214138

Anyways, that was the first mod I done, the second was the drop in bed liner - haven't finished the sides yet, only installed the main floor, back side of cab, and tailgate.
Sponsored