Sponsored

how to jack truck to put it on jack stands.

Yellow Rhino

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, 360, Lux Pkg.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like we are talking in circles and I am sorry. My confusion came from the fact you are able to get your jack and a jack stand in together in the same spot. I tried and was unable to. Next time I need to I will try a different way to see if I can get them in at the same time. Thank you for your help.
You position the jack on the pinch weld, jack up, put the jack stand right next to it and lower the jack onto the groove of the jack stand. They should be relatively close to each other (give or take the width of the jack stand. It is possible to move the jack forward a bit if you are worried the jack stand won't have enough room. Especially with the scissor jack (it's pretty narrow), you will have enough room side by side on the pinch weld for both the jack and the stand.
Sponsored

HalfFast

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I feel like we are talking in circles and I am sorry. My confusion came from the fact you are able to get your jack and a jack stand in together in the same spot. I tried and was unable to. Next time I need to I will try a different way to see if I can get them in at the same time. Thank you for your help.

I don't have my mav yet, but I have two other cars that I put on 4 jack stands for maintenance.

I have one of the hockey puck type jack pads with a slot in it. I got mine from Flyin Miata but I'm sure you can get them about anywhere, or make your own. The weight is spread over a 3 inch circle instead of just the pinch welds.

I put my jack with the pad just far enough away from the designated pinch weld lift points so I can put just regular jack stands I the designated spots.

Not sure how the balance is on the Maverick, but I'd imagine it's a little front biased.

On one car, I have to move the jack four times, once to place each jack stand. The Miata is balanced front to rear so I jack the left side up first, put my two jack stands down and do the same thing for the right. Maybe we'll get lucky and the Mav only has to be lifted once per side.

I hope this helps. Just put your jack far enough away so your jack stands rest on the pinch weld lift points.

I've done this way dozens of times, left them sit on stands for days and never had any body damage to the rockers or the pinch welds.

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
I understand that there are jack point on the pinch welds, but when I rotate tires I like to pick up my vehicles and put them on jack stands. Also I like to use jack stands when changing oil since I don't have ramps.

Where can I put a jack under the truck to get it up in the air so I can put jack stand on the pinch welds? Or do I have this backwards and I need to jack by the pinch welds and place the jack stands somewhere else?

Pics would be nice if someone can.

Also I was wondering if I could use this jack spreader from Harbor Freight. I was thinking I could put it just back far enough in the from to get a jack stand on the from pinch weld and jack the whole side up. I figure since the back is so light and the weight would be spread out it should be OK. Then I could put jack stands in front and back on one side. The do the same for the other side. Thoughts?
Would you mind telling me how you plan to rotate the ties? Are you going to jack up one side and then rotate each side front to back And back to front? Or, are going to cross them over to the other side of the truck diagonally? I’m never sure which way is best.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get the frustration, jacking in the specified lift location and then magically swapping in a jack-stand is impossible unless there are multiple locations in that corner suitable for lifting.

Probably the only thing I miss from my Colorado is that big fat frame that I could jack from any point without concern.

Sagara

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unibody cars with pinch wield or lift points make it difficult to put the larger 2+ ton jacks along with their jack stands underneath. Usually not enough room with them side by side.

I get to have joy of lifting the vehicle for the first time swapping from Winters to All-Seasons.

The included jack should only be used in emergencies, IMO, and not for regularly changing the tire over or maintenance. Even with dedicated jack and stands hearing the creaks can make your ass pucker.

Sponsored

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, the one from Ford/Helm was $300 on a CD/DVD which I thought was a ripoff. I'm use to using AllDataDIY, but, they don't have anything related to newer Fords.

AllData was great as the TSB, service bulletins, etc., were updated from time to time. Looks like a Motorcraft subscription is need for that, at a huge cost.
Yep. The subscription was like $75 for a 15 minute look at the manual and something like $3000 for a year. I passed on it and got the manual pdf and wiring diagram. A bit of a crappy pdf but it is the entire manual and wiring diagram. Just 13500 pages so it is a beast to search through but it, as I said, is the complete 2022 Maverick Manual

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unibody cars with pinch wield or lift points make it difficult to put the larger 2+ ton jacks along with their jack stands underneath. Usually not enough room with them side by side.

I get to have joy of lifting the vehicle for the first time swapping from Winters to All-Seasons.

The included jack should only be used in emergencies, IMO, and not for regularly changing the tire over or maintenance. Even with dedicated jack and stands hearing the creaks can make your ass pucker.
I am using a 3 ton racing jack so the lifting pad is larger but, as I said earlier, it is set up with a groove for the pinch welds. Same with my old jack stands. They were cast with both an anvil saddle and the pinch weld groove in the center so if it gets tippy the anvil will catch the rocker and keep the stand from flipping over.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, the one from Ford/Helm was $300 on a CD/DVD which I thought was a ripoff. I'm use to using AllDataDIY, but, they don't have anything related to newer Fords.

AllData was great as the TSB, service bulletins, etc., were updated from time to time. Looks like a Motorcraft subscription is need for that, at a huge cost.
Back in the day, yeah I know but hell I am getting to be a senior citizen (over 70 now), when I worked as a mechanic/technician at a local truck shop, we used Motor's Manuals. The owners had all of the manuals for all of the auto and manufacturers in a room next to the parts department. It was basically a break room, about 100 x 50 feet, and all but one area where the coffee table sat, were shelves and all of them had Motors or Factory Manuals for nearly everything. There was a Motors manual for Tucker and Kaiser-Fraiser, factory manuals for Diamond-Reo and even a couple of manuals for Ferguson before they merged with Massey.
I don't know what happened to all of those manuals, I don't think there are any of most of the trucks, buses and cars that were in them, but it would be a real history lesson.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
can you explain how you get the truck up in the air in the first place? If I put a jack in any of the 4 spots you have shown me there is not enough room to place a jack stand.

On the underside there are spots I circled in red that should hold a jack stand if I use the pinch weld to jack the truck up. I just don't know which spots will work.

underside.jpg
You can try them but I wouldn't count on them staying solid. Since this truck is a unibody, pushing up in the center of it may just pull the sides together a bit, I am pretty sure that Ford wants the pinch weld used for a reason.

Deleted member 9552

You can try them but I wouldn't count on them staying solid. Since this truck is a unibody, pushing up in the center of it may just pull the sides together a bit, I am pretty sure that Ford wants the pinch weld used for a reason.
Seems like a logical place to me...

Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My CX-5's manual provided center lift location (see below). I need a method to raise the Maverick with a floor jack and lower it onto jack stands at the pinch weld location. Anyone got a valid suggestion? Thanks!

Ford Maverick how to jack truck to put it on jack stands. CX-5 Lift.JPG

The notes indicate using the crossmembers.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For what it's worth. Had a flat and limped home and used my floor jack and it was not even close in lifting the Maverick front up high enough to pull the flat tire off. Had to lower and put 2 layers of 2x6's under the jack to lift it high enough to get the flat tire off.

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it possible to weasel under a hybrid and change the oil without lifting it?

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You will have to look under the maverick and see that you are limited on your jack up points... Here is a good video to get an idea https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v6-MOa4CFy4&ved=2ahUKEwit1YWm9cn4AhVOPs0KHacQC_04FBCjtAF6BAgIEAU&usg=AOvVaw3qbVRTk5or-uAal-JSawmq
Thanks for the link, I see what you mean. I guess I may be stuck buying four of these (Powerbuilt 4000LB Unijack 620470) and using the specified pinch point. Disappointing.

Ford Maverick how to jack truck to put it on jack stands. Powerbuilt 4000LB Unijack
Sponsored