First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wouldn't you think they simply don't allow the high charge rate of the battery until the engine is warm?
The allowed rate of charge/discharge should be more dependent upon the internal temperature of the battery than the temperature of the engine. The warmer the battery the more amps it can safely accept.

lakkdainen

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux hybrid, ordered July, received April
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had it done on mine last week and yes break is smoother and easier to modulate.
Also have new Horn & lights icon in Fordpass app.
I'm curious if this is a surefire way to tell if the update was done. Mine was built right around the cutoff point, and picked up from the dealer in early April. I do have the horn/lights icon in Fordpass.

OP
OP

Mikk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious if this is a surefire way to tell if the update was done. Mine was built right around the cutoff point, and picked up from the dealer in early April. I do have the horn/lights icon in Fordpass.
Your dealer can look up the exact production date in the Ford system.

Like others, I too find that the regenerative braking is noticeably smoother; no more "grabbing" just before coming to a full stop.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was built late Feb and took delivery early this week also has the horn/light. Not sure if mine had the TSB applied proactively. Maybe someone should try logging out of Fordpass app and back in to see if it shows up? Or removing and adding their Maverick to their account again.

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Edited:

For what it is worth, I picked the Mav up Friday night after the TSB 22-2124 update for the cold start surging idle issue and drove it home. I had it in Normal driving mode the whole time and I am pretty sure I can back up the comments about the braking system feeling smoother after this update. I have put around 40 or so additional miles on it this last weekend and it really does seem quite a bit better.

It seems this TSB may have touched more than just the cold idle issue. The service order from my dealer stated that the TSB 22-2124 - operation MT222124 included the reprogramming of the PCM, SOBDM-C, BECM, and BECMB. Also, my FordPass App now has a Horn & Lights button that was definitely not there until the update was applied.

This TSB was for Maverick Hybrids built on or before March 9th, 2022. Anything after that should already have the update. The update is dealer only and cannot just be downloaded. https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-hybrid-idle-surge-fix-software-update.12761/

Final note: If you are in the hybrid build date range for this TSB(all hybrids built up through 3-9-22) and you go to schedule the work with your dealer, they are instructed to ask you if you have had the idle surging issue. How you answer that question may affect whether or not they are willing to perform the TSB.
So if they ask “have you had the idle surge issue?” and I say “yes” they will perform the update?? Built in September. Sounds like another “cant replicate cant fix it” dealer reply waiting to happen.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
Had it done on mine last week and yes break is smoother and easier to modulate.
Also have new Horn & lights icon in Fordpass app.
That may be the new update, you need to pull up the app on your phone to blow the horn and turn on the lights. :)

TarMinyatur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That may be the new update, you need to pull up the app on your phone to blow the horn and turn on the lights. :)
Haha yeah it’s pretty useless as it only activates lights and horn on and off a couple of times… And it takes like 30 seconds to activate so yeah if I look for my truck in a parking lot, I’ll grab my key every time lol

TarMinyatur

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
well I didn’t had it and when they proceeded to updates the modules, the horn and lights icon appeared into the app.

in a local group, some people with ecoboost have the horn and lights icon after doing the tow brake recall.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Haha yeah it’s pretty useless as it only activates lights and horn on and off a couple of times… And it takes like 30 seconds to activate so yeah if I look for my truck in a parking lot, I’ll grab my key every time lol
The good thing is if you're at a stadium and have a general idea where you were you could activate it from a quarter mile away.

Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
So if they ask “have you had the idle surge issue?” and I say “yes” they will perform the update?? Built in September. Sounds like another “cant replicate cant fix it” dealer reply waiting to happen.
Yes, they should do it if you say you had the idle surging. YMMV. My paperwork stated they "confirmed" I had idle surging. I think this is a dance where Ford doesn't want to pay for everyone to get the TSB unless it is "necessary."

Last edited:

robb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Anyway to tell what update your on? I requested the dealer perform any updates prior to taking delivery of veh, would just like to confirm. I haven't had any issues as of yet w/ the hybrid system

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Anyway to tell what update your on? I requested the dealer perform any updates prior to taking delivery of veh, would just like to confirm. I haven't had any issues as of yet w/ the hybrid system
The TSB is only for build dates up to 3-9-22. Looks like you are not in the TSB date range according to your signature.

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Yes, they should do it if you say you had the idle surging. YMMV. My paperwork stated they "confirmed" I had idle surging. I think this is a dance where Ford doesn't want to pay for everyone to get the TSB unless it is "necessary."
I agree with that. Ford won’t pay for s*** if they don’t have to. Maybe I’ll start her up remotely now and let her cook for a while just to see.

MojoJojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav Hybrid XLT
Went to local dealer and was flat out rejected saying nothing on my VIN in system that requires this update. When i tried to show her the TSB she refused/ignored it. 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored