Rob in NY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
PER FORD LETTER TO DEALERS (BELOW) RE: SCHEDULING INFO FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 19:
  • The 2022MY Maverick will no longer offer the FWD (W8E) with Trailer Tow Package (53Q).
  • Also, until further notice, stock hybrid orders will not be selected for scheduling.
  • Spoke to Ford via the number that’s been passed along (1800-334-4375). They verified that you indeed (now) have to add AWD to keep 4K tow package on all trims. She pointed out that it was “subject to change” and it has been changed.
  • As for the website, since this is a recent change she said it would probably be updated on Ford.com at some point soon.

LETTER TO DEALERS:

Ford Maverick 2022MY Maverick will no longer offer FWD (W8E) with Trailer Tow Package (53Q). Must add AWD for 4K Towing 2022-maverick-no-longer-offering-fwd-with-trailer-tow-package
Sponsored

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick 2022MY Maverick will no longer offer FWD (W8E) with Trailer Tow Package (53Q). Must add AWD for 4K Towing 1629144478227

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I asked the same thing and it’s being emailed to the gm at dealers from Ford. It’s all over Reddit, including screen shots of the letter. I guess dealers are telling ppl who ordered FWD 4K trucks that they need to upgrade to AWD.

I ordered awd 4K.
It makes a bit of sense, trucks are pretty lite in the rear, even with a 400 lb tongue weight (assuming 1:10) it might have a higher likelihood of doing bad things under certain circumstances so reduce liability early

/shrug

OP
OP

Rob in NY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Added everything I know to the first post. It seems the Ford build site will be updated in the coming days.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a liability issue. Again though /shrug

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about the FWD with the 4K towing package that are already scheduled for a build date?
Are they going to cancel those?
Will Ford release those scheduled with FWD and 4K that they know shouldn't have been built?
Likely

Deleted member 1370

It makes a bit of sense, trucks are pretty lite in the rear, even with a 400 lb tongue weight (assuming 1:10) it might have a higher likelihood of doing bad things under certain circumstances so reduce liability early

/shrug
I agree 100%. I would guess that on top of that the 4k package with the FWD is not a popular option either with them worth bothering to make. Given how many they need to make right now. Its gonna be fwd hybrids and awd ecoboosts with the tow package is my guess as the ones to crank out like hot cakes. And like you said, also most definitely a liability thing as well. For such a small vehicle, being unibody and having 4k pounds of towing capability. One of those better safe than sorry things.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevy Cruze
They could simply reach out to these persons and offer one of the following: A) make them AWD and adjust the price accordingly, or B) drop the 4k towing, C) let the cancel and get their deposit back (if any)

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided

/shrug
I was hooked to a 70 Chevy with bumper hitch pulling with my truck and on corner it drove me right off the road......been there done that with change of pants. Lol

Sponsored

MAVRICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Any
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Ford build site still offers the 4K with FWD. This refers to the upcoming weeks there will be no FWD builds with the 4K towing package. There is nothing referring to permanent in this letter. It does state that until further notice stock hybrids will not be scheduled, does this refer to the base XL?
Any Hybrid - "Until further notice, stock hybrids orders will not be selected for scheduling" ... which implies only "retail" (a.k.a. customer orders) hybrids will be selected for scheduling.

If you are a customer with a Hybrid order that your dealer assigned an "80" (i.e. "stock) to it, get on their case and make sure it gets changed to 10-19 or it may be quite a while before your order gets scheduled.

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can confirm this is accurate
This is for Dealerinsider to answer instead of guesses from others:
So what about the FWD with 4K towing that have been scheduled? Will they be built, or deleted from the scheduling?
Sponsored