coolhip33

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
My dealer is claiming that I had to have a cancelled Order for the rebate to apply. I was under the impression that it did not matter as long as the order was in by a certain date? Does anyone know? I ordered AWD+Tow. The dealer confirmed at the time of ordering a rebate would be availible when the truck came in. Well now that the truck is in of course they don't think it applies since I never had a cancelled order.
Your one and only order was for the AWD + tow?
Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
Yes. FWD was not available with Tow at time of ordering (9/21/21) so I had to order AWD.

You will need to reach out to Ford customer service, but from what I remember, this deal only applied to folks that actually placed an order for FWD 2.0 and 4K tow before Ford discontinued that option for FWD 2.0.

JdmSmaj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will need to reach out to Ford customer service, but from what I remember, this deal only applied to folks that actually placed an order for FWD 2.0 and 4K tow before Ford discontinued that option for FWD 2.0.
I can verify that this is correct. If you ordered an AWD with 4k you do not qualify. Sorry :(

Sponsored

JdmSmaj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oddly, when it came to this, I found the dealer knew as much as someone who had only heard of the maverick. I knew far more then they did on the matter, and despite emails back and forth regarding the rebate months before picking up my truck, I still had to fight them the day I picked it up to get that deal. They were nice enough, but really didn't want to give me the rebate.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
you would had to originally order FWD with the 4k tow to get the AWD credit.

BrettWeir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Oddly, when it came to this, I found the dealer knew as much as someone who had only heard of the maverick. I knew far more then they did on the matter, and despite emails back and forth regarding the rebate months before picking up my truck, I still had to fight them the day I picked it up to get that deal. They were nice enough, but really didn't want to give me the rebate.
I'm having the same problem with my order. We had emails for months about the rebate and now it is ready for pick-up and they say they still have nothing about the rebate. They said I could get the truck and try to get it on my own later but I don't like that option since it seems like it has to go through the dealer, like any other rebate.

I called the Ford service line to confirm I was eligible before changing the order to AWD so I should be good there, but I don't know what else to do now.

What did you do to get them to finally agree to the rebate?

Sponsored

JdmSmaj

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm having the same problem with my order. We had emails for months about the rebate and now it is ready for pick-up and they say they still have nothing about the rebate. They said I could get the truck and try to get it on my own later but I don't like that option since it seems like it has to go through the dealer, like any other rebate.

I called the Ford service line to confirm I was eligible before changing the order to AWD so I should be good there, but I don't know what else to do now.

What did you do to get them to finally agree to the rebate?

I wish I knew what changed their mind, and it's been awhile, but basically I went in, started the paper work, didn't see the rebate and asked about it.

The manger said she didn't see any rebate associated with my order, and would have to call the district manager to find out what was wrong, but he was probably already gone for the day. I told them I would sign, but only if the rebate was figured out. While I was talking with financing, she came in and said she figured it out and we were all good.

obviously not super helpful for you, but at least you know someone in your situation got it figured out. Maybe just press them to speak with an area director?

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because it was a new procedure, there was a particular way the new order had to be written up so the dealer could attach the rebate. The mess-up is on their end, not yours. I had the same thing happen to me and of course, the dealership did not want to claim responsibility. The district manager may help with the situation ...or may not. but it is worth a try.

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Amazing how uninformed dealers are regarding the Maverick. I think it's a case of pure laziness.

BrettWeir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Latest update from the dealer is they still can't figure out the rebate issue. They said they contacted people at Ford and in their words but nothing has changed. I've been waiting almost 9 months since this order was placed, and about 5 weeks before that for when I first placed my order for FWD with tow package. It is pretty damn frustrating having to wait some more for them to figure this out.

rlc3854

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2020 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When did you order? If you ordered after August 2021, you will not be eligible for this event offer. I ended up jumping through several hops to get my rebate. Because the salesman just fell down on his own sword.
Sponsored