hellokitty1984

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopefully we can get the rest of the June and July orders cleaned out today. I'm in October so not expecting anything, but would be nice
The fact we're still talking about June and July, you know, when the whole ordering thing started, is disheartening. I agree, they should be taken care of first.
Sponsored

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Unless Ford does something about Maverick allocations, it's not going to get any better, this year or next. Now that people are becoming aware of how allocations work, they are ordering multiple vehicles from different dealers. This only compounds the problem Ford has with constrained items, thinking they have many more orders than they really need the parts for. This also delays builds getting done in a timely manner and really pisses people off who are seeing much later orders than theirs being built.

If I would offer Ford any constructive criticism, it would be to limit customers to one vehicle order to the dealer of their choice in the region where they live, work, or go to school. I think they should also require every order taken to have a non refundable deposit of at least $500.00 per vehicle. If a company or individual needs more than one truck, it must be from the same dealer. Lastly, first in, first out, unless severely constrained.

99nbbullitt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you get the same error I am getting - "Insufficient balance"? Yet when I go to the link to check the balance is says amount available is $100.00.

Update: Just tried it again last night and my order went through. Don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I emailed them Thursday ([email protected]) and sent them a screenshot of the error I was getting. Maybe they fixed something with my gift card #, no idea as I never got a response from my email.
Yes, tried again yesterday with the same result... can't help but laugh..

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Unless Ford does something about Maverick allocations, it's not going to get any better, this year or next. Now that people are becoming aware of how allocations work, they are ordering multiple vehicles from different dealers. This only compounds the problem Ford has with constrained items, thinking they have many more orders than they really need the parts for. This also delays builds getting done in a timely manner and really pisses people off who are seeing much later orders than theirs being built.

If I would offer Ford any constructive criticism, it would be to limit customers to one vehicle order to the dealer of their choice in the region where they live, work, or go to school. I think they should also require every order taken to have a non refundable deposit of at least $500.00 per vehicle. If a company or individual needs more than one truck, it must be from the same dealer. Lastly, first in, first out, unless severely constrained.
This makes me laugh as the guy with the youtube channel Blakescars2 has already bought and flipped 2 Mavericks for profit and says he still has another on order and that some of his family members also have a Maverick on order. I have seen countless people here claiming to have multiple orders with multiple dealers. That being said, Ford will never change their allocation system and will never require a non-refundable deposit.

Sponsored

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This makes me laugh as the guy with the youtube channel Blakescars2 has already bought and flipped 2 Mavericks for profit and says he still has another on order and that some of his family members also have a Maverick on order. I have seen countless people here claiming to have multiple orders with multiple dealers. That being said, Ford will never change their allocation system and will never require a non-refundable deposit.
Ford is already having Bronco buyers sign no sell clauses, so maybe there is hope.

First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Grand Vitara
Got an email from Ford that my Lariat (ordered 7/5) would be delivered between 3/21 and 3/26 and it came 3/24. This after the daler said (after the email) it wouldn't be delivered until 6/4! All parts there. Had to pay an extra 2000 to the dealer though..yay. hang in there. It's worth it.

scotwhoo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Got an email from Ford that my Lariat (ordered 7/5) would be delivered between 3/21 and 3/26 and it came 3/24. This after the daler said (after the email) it wouldn't be delivered until 6/4! All parts there. Had to pay an extra 2000 to the dealer though..yay. hang in there. It's worth it.
Why did you have to pay an extra $2000? Thought these orders are price protected at least before some date in December

First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Grand Vitara
Why did you have to pay an extra $2000? Thought these orders are price protected at least before some date in December
I thought so too. Told the salesman and he said if you don't want the car we can sell it for more than that. The dealer allocations are tied to MSRP sales and the truck shipped.with a different sticker price. Probably buying chips retail to finish it.

scotwhoo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
I thought so too. Told the salesman and he said if you don't want the car we can sell it for more than that. The dealer allocations are tied to MSRP sales and the truck shipped.with a different sticker price. Probably buying chips retail to finish it.
Hmm, from everything I've heard and the price protection YouTube video Tim Bartz put out, I don't think he was supposed to do that. Can @fordvideoguy respond? However, congrats on your vehicle.

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Hmm, from everything I've heard and the price protection YouTube video Tim Bartz put out, I don't think he was supposed to do that. Can @fordvideoguy respond? However, congrats on your vehicle.
Salesperson is wrong, they are keeping the gross. If the person that ordered the vehicle buys it before the price increase, Ford will pay the dealer the difference from the MSRP at delivery and the MSRP at order. The dealer will get their money. I don't know if they just don't know how it works or if they are trying to scoop the money.

First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Grand Vitara
Wow. I'll follow up. I know someone that worked there. Either they address this or we will slam them in social media. Very disappointing 😞 if any one know of documents on this let me know. Thanks.

TacRunner

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well I got the email but it was basically saying that my order is in and waiting for it to be pickup (the order) to move to scheduling. I placed my order with my dealer 10/15/2021.

Ordered: Velocity Blue/Lariat/Hybrid/Lux package/Co-Pilot 360

Last edited:

scotwhoo

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Wow. I'll follow up. I know someone that worked there. Either they address this or we will slam them in social media. Very disappointing 😞 if any one know of documents on this let me know. Thanks.
Hi Dianne, this is the email that Ford sent to dealerships about the price protection for your vehicle that was posted by @djd3

Attachments

First Name
Dianne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Grand Vitara
I really really apprecitate this! I called the number and they said that the dealer shouldnt have raised the rate unless I turned the car in. I'm going to make an appointment with the owner.
Sponsored