Sponsored

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider 124 and Mazda 6
In reading through there was one thing I noticed missing, they go through wifi hot spot with SYNC3 but there is no mention of the hot spot with the standard infotainment system.

It's been noted in various other places that the FordPass and WiFi is available for all trims. It's a subscription service for the WiFi so they definitely want everyone to use! I read that the first 3 months for WiFi is free but all other options in app is paid for by Ford for 2 years and after that, I think about $99 for two years.

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for your helpful tip on saving this PDF to books on my IPad. Really makes reading the manual a lot easier!
I save all my instructions to "Books" on the ipad/iphone, as well as insurance documents or anything of importance. Doing so, provides easy access plus allows you to make annotations or notes.

glohworm

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No vehicle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've downloaded the manual, but couldn't find the link for the quick reference guide in pdf.

Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's been noted in various other places that the FordPass and WiFi is available for all trims. It's a subscription service for the WiFi so they definitely want everyone to use! I read that the first 3 months for WiFi is free but all other options in app is paid for by Ford for 2 years and after that, I think about $99 for two years.
Just a note for others, WiFi is available for all trims, but you never HAVE to pay anything to be able to use Ford Connect app to remotely start and monitor your truck, they have an agreement with AT&T for your truck modem to communicate through the cell phone towers without a data plan or AT&T account of any kind. You just use the Ford app.

OP
OP
Ribwich

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've downloaded the manual, but couldn't find the link for the quick reference guide in pdf.
You should be able to open it up directly from the top post in the thread.

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a note for others, WiFi is available for all trims, but you never HAVE to pay anything to be able to use Ford Connect app to remotely start and monitor your truck, they have an agreement with AT&T for your truck modem to communicate through the cell phone towers without a data plan or AT&T account of any kind. You just use the Ford app.
That is awesome to never have to pay for that subscription!

Maybe the actual subscription is the shared WiFi plan and that is the incentive for AT&T to offer the remote and locator for free? Thanks for the clarity.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe the actual subscription is the shared WiFi plan and that is the incentive for AT&T to offer the remote and locator for free? Thanks for the clarity.
The incentive isn't on AT&T's side. Ford is footing the bill because they collect your vehicle's telemetry and resell it.

Sponsored

ldkuffel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is so interesting. I was curious about the maintenance schedule... It's awesome.
Oil changes every 10k
Spark plugs at 100k
Transmission fluid at 150k.

Coming from a 2012 Ford Focus manual where I change the oil every 3-5k and had to convince the dealer that, "no, this is a manual, I don't have to change my transmission fluid at 60k." To this... It's just awesome.

I know, there'll be things that come up, but this seems like a much more affordable vehicle to maintain. 1/3 better gas mileage and half as many oil changes, not to mention the transmission fluids... Count me in!
Did you find where is states top speed?

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you find where is states top speed?
I did not. Is it common for manuals to publish top speed? I've wondered about too sppef, too. But I haven't seen anything.

ldkuffel

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did not. Is it common for manuals to publish top speed? I've wondered about too sppef, too. But I haven't seen anything.
I'm assuming it's electronically governed so I am curious what it's set but can't seem to find it, I know my Ford Ecoboost states it's governed at 125

Bburg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford customer service to ask about my order and they gave me my VIN. No production date set yet, but the VIN did work in the Ford Pass app. I noticed that there's an app link for the Owner's Manual and gave it a shot on a whim. Turns out it was just updated yesterday and is available! Here it is for everyone to tear into (download attached PDF)!

There is also a Quick Reference Guide which is too big to upload here so hopefully this link works:
Thanks so much.
Sponsored