First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is so interesting. I was curious about the maintenance schedule... It's awesome.
Oil changes every 10k
Spark plugs at 100k
Transmission fluid at 150k.

Coming from a 2012 Ford Focus manual where I change the oil every 3-5k and had to convince the dealer that, "no, this is a manual, I don't have to change my transmission fluid at 60k." To this... It's just awesome.

I know, there'll be things that come up, but this seems like a much more affordable vehicle to maintain. 1/3 better gas mileage and half as many oil changes, not to mention the transmission fluids... Count me in!
My '04 Ranger has spark plug change at 100k, but around 80k I kept getting a P0316 code and the engine running rough. The code suggested changing plugs and wires, but I was thinking I still had 20k before I need to. Nope! Found a plug wire nearly burnt through and at least 3 plugs with the electrode almost gone! I was told by the parts lady that here in AZ the extreme heat wears harder on vehicles, which looking at the removed plugs was really true! Truck runs great now. My point is keep in mind driving and weather conditions when it comes to maintenance intervals. But, I'm with you on how much easier the Mav will be to maintain!
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My '04 Ranger has spark plug change at 100k, but around 80k I kept getting a P0316 code and the engine running rough. The code suggested changing plugs and wires, but I was thinking I still had 20k before I need to. Nope! Found a plug wire nearly burnt through and at least 3 plugs with the electrode almost gone! I was told by the parts lady that here in AZ the extreme heat wears harder on vehicles, which looking at the removed plugs was really true! Truck runs great now. My point is keep in mind driving and weather conditions when it comes to maintenance intervals. But, I'm with you on how much easier the Mav will be to maintain!
Absolutely... That's what I meant when I said "things will come up." I know these represent best case scenarios, in fact it could be as low as 5000 if in a rough driving condition, however, my current cars BEST CASE scenario is 5000. I'm very excited to know that this should be considerably better.

aberdeenmeadows

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider 124 and Mazda 6
I called Ford customer service to ask about my order and they gave me my VIN. No production date set yet, but the VIN did work in the Ford Pass app. I noticed that there's an app link for the Owner's Manual and gave it a shot on a whim. Turns out it was just updated yesterday and is available! Here it is for everyone to tear into (download attached PDF)!

There is also a Quick Reference Guide which is too big to upload here so hopefully this link works:
Thank you so much for proving the user manual!!!! I have gone through some of it and feel encouraged.

• Engine Start/Stop Technology
    • Will help at long red lights and fast food drive-throughs
    • Will the a/c or heater still work?
  • Gas Tank Capacity for non-hybrid - 16.5 Gallons
    • If the fuel tank is increased to match the range, then this will make the mpg for non-hybrids potentially over 30mpg (possibly 32)
  • Wireless Charger Pad
    • Doesn't indicate a trim
    • Hoping that this is on all models
  • Remote Start
    • My Maverick will come with keyed ignition
    • Using the app, I can start the car remotely
      • Once I am in the car, I am sure I will need to insert key to drive it
A lot of pages, but a lot of detailed information and I am sure more people will be able to cull through and pull out interesting tidbits.

Sponsored

Kcht

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

awesomedeedee

First Name
Deedee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
I called Ford customer service to ask about my order and they gave me my VIN. No production date set yet, but the VIN did work in the Ford Pass app. I noticed that there's an app link for the Owner's Manual and gave it a shot on a whim. Turns out it was just updated yesterday and is available! Here it is for everyone to tear into (download attached PDF)!

There is also a Quick Reference Guide which is too big to upload here so hopefully this link works:
Awesome!!!

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much for proving the user manual!!!! I have gone through some of it and feel encouraged.

• Engine Start/Stop Technology
    • Will help at long red lights and fast food drive-throughs
    • Will the a/c or heater still work?
  • Gas Tank Capacity for non-hybrid - 16.5 Gallons
    • If the fuel tank is increased to match the range, then this will make the mpg for non-hybrids potentially over 30mpg (possibly 32)
  • Wireless Charger Pad
    • Doesn't indicate a trim
    • Hoping that this is on all models
  • Remote Start
    • My Maverick will come with keyed ignition
    • Using the app, I can start the car remotely
      • Once I am in the car, I am sure I will need to insert key to drive it
A lot of pages, but a lot of detailed information and I am sure more people will be able to cull through and pull out interesting tidbits.
Page 168-170

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those curious about off road use, I found this interesting in that for non FX4, they say no way and it will void your warranty.

HOW DOES ALL-WHEEL DRIVE WORK - EXCLUDING: FX4 OFF ROAD Your all-wheel drive vehicle is not intended for off-road use. The AWD feature gives your vehicle some limited off-road capabilities in which driving surfaces are relatively level, obstruction-free and otherwise similar to normal on-road driving conditions. Operating your vehicle in conditions other than those, could subject the vehicle to excess stress which might result in damage which is not covered under your warranty.

HOW DOES ALL-WHEEL DRIVE WORK - FX4 OFF ROAD All-wheel drive uses all four wheels to power the vehicle. This increases traction, enabling you to drive over terrain and road conditions that a conventional two-wheel drive vehicle cannot. The AWD system turns on when needed and does not require input from you.

Sponsored

spyderman01

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those not familiar with PDF: (I sell several books published in PDF)
Some important features:
Magnifying glass at top right allows you to “search for topics”: If looking for something like “Remote starting”…key in “Remote Start”. (Shorten wording to find stuff).
PDF’s in Windows 10 on pc’s will read the manual or sections to you audibily.
On IPads with PDF, there are dozens of audio reader app’s for $3.00 or $4.00, some for 99cents. Tap a subject and the manual is read to you.

What I dread from the manual is what feature are or not in each model/package of the Maverick. You can also redact or make notes in this version of the PDF with the mouse or fingers depending on what version of PC/tablet you have. What can easily be done in a PDF is use the pen/pencil button to draw lines, circles, or redact out txt that does not apply to your vehicle packages.

On IPad’s save this PDF manual to Books and it will be faster and easier to read.

Last edited:

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for sharing! It’s probably a little strange that I got excited about the mute button on the steering wheel. It’s the little things sometimes 😂😂😂

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's funny! TIM Bartz just said yesterday that they won't have the manuals until delivery starts
I guess delivery is starting
Sponsored