First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW X1, 2018 Toyota Rav4, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much for proving the user manual!!!! I have gone through some of it and feel encouraged.

• Engine Start/Stop Technology
    • Will help at long red lights and fast food drive-throughs
    • Will the a/c or heater still work?
  • Gas Tank Capacity for non-hybrid - 16.5 Gallons
    • If the fuel tank is increased to match the range, then this will make the mpg for non-hybrids potentially over 30mpg (possibly 32)
  • Wireless Charger Pad
    • Doesn't indicate a trim
    • Hoping that this is on all models
  • Remote Start
    • My Maverick will come with keyed ignition
    • Using the app, I can start the car remotely
      • Once I am in the car, I am sure I will need to insert key to drive it
A lot of pages, but a lot of detailed information and I am sure more people will be able to cull through and pull out interesting tidbits.
I had a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid (when they still used Microsoft Sync) and when I ran the airconditioner, if the compressor was on then the gas engine would run. Everytime the AC compressor cycled off then if the vehicle was moving less than 35 mph then the gas engine would cycle off and the electric engine alone provided propulsion.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

PapaNer

First Name
Ner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Veloster 2.0 Premium
I called Ford customer service to ask about my order and they gave me my VIN. No production date set yet, but the VIN did work in the Ford Pass app. I noticed that there's an app link for the Owner's Manual and gave it a shot on a whim. Turns out it was just updated yesterday and is available! Here it is for everyone to tear into (download attached PDF)!

There is also a Quick Reference Guide which is too big to upload here so hopefully this link works:
Hold on - do you mean you had no indication of having your order be in production, but you called Ford and they gave you the VIN?

OP
OP
Ribwich

Ribwich

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hold on - do you mean you had no indication of having your order be in production, but you called Ford and they gave you the VIN?
I had not gotten an email from Ford that my vehicle was scheduled, but I called the dealer. They said they thought my vehicle had been scheduled for production the week of 9/13 but were light on details so I wasn't that convinced. I called Ford and gave them my sales code and order code. They said the vehicle didn't have a production date yet, but they gave me the VIN. Hopefully that means it will be scheduled soon. They were very nice and helpful.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you so much, this is so great, it will give us something to obsess over while we all wait for our trucks. We can start quoting the manual like it's scripture.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much, this is so great, it will give us something to obsess over while we all wait for our trucks. We can start quoting the manual like it's scripture.
Amen

Sponsored

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had not gotten an email from Ford that my vehicle was scheduled, but I called the dealer. They said they thought my vehicle had been scheduled for production the week of 9/13 but were light on details so I wasn't that convinced. I called Ford and gave them my sales code and order code. They said the vehicle didn't have a production date yet, but they gave me the VIN. Hopefully that means it will be scheduled soon. They were very nice and helpful.
Wait, so I made a mistake when I stopped calling my dealer 100 times per week?:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For all the cool cats that have read the manual already, will the IOLM display a percentage of oil life remaining? It would be nice to know before heading out on a long trip if you were going to need an oil change in 300 miles…

MavGuy1986

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I am new to this board but wanted to ask does the Mav hybrid have a timing chain I think it should since my current prius does and based oof same engine

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am new to this board but wanted to ask does the Mav hybrid have a timing chain I think it should since my current prius does and based oof same engine
Yes it does
Sponsored