Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anybody notice any differences from the 22 Manual except maybe the Tremor specific items?

sprcoop

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid, 66 Mustang Coupe, 2012 Focus DCT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently 2022 manual tells you to only put snow chains on the back wheels (yes, even FWD trucks) and 2023 tells you to only put snow chains on the front wheels.

I'm going with the 2023 suggestion.

bautek_mn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX Sport Wagon, Future Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With the AWD trucks, how would this new generation PTU handle vastly different front-rear grip potential, and one set of drive wheels having a bigger overall diameter because of the chains' thickness?

Coming from years of Subaru ownership that makes me a bit nervous. I'm used to center diffs getting wrecked if even one tire is different than the others by a few 32nds. :p

Skandren

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT, 2022 F150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently 2022 manual tells you to only put snow chains on the back wheels (yes, even FWD trucks) and 2023 tells you to only put snow chains on the front wheels.

I'm going to stay right here in FL so I never need chains. :)

Sponsored

SBP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If L need chains, I'm not going !

David A

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I gotta couple freezers full of food. I can wait until the plows get er done. But, yes I agree with the chains on the front wheels.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I
With the AWD trucks, how would this new generation PTU handle vastly different front-rear grip potential, and one set of drive wheels having a bigger overall diameter because of the chains' thickness?

Coming from years of Subaru ownership that makes me a bit nervous. I'm used to center diffs getting wrecked if even one tire is different than the others by a few 32nds. :p
If your in conditions where your traction is such that you need chains, I don't believe any small diameter difference will damage anything. Just like you don't use the lock up 4wd mode (If equipped) on dry pavement.
Sponsored