First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The most dissapointing part of the owners manual is learning that the Maverick is not equipped to perform as a snow plow. No more Mr. Plow :LOL:
Sponsored

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called Ford customer service to ask about my order and they gave me my VIN. No production date set yet, but the VIN did work in the Ford Pass app. I noticed that there's an app link for the Owner's Manual and gave it a shot on a whim. Turns out it was just updated yesterday and is available! Here it is for everyone to tear into (download attached PDF)!

There is also a Quick Reference Guide which is too big to upload here so hopefully this link works:
A nice guy like you deserve the honor that get a Mav before me.😁😁

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know if this is a typo, but it lists (page 82):

Note: The maximum load capacity for the middle position is 500 lb (226 kg).

Previous information was that tailgate down was 500, middle position 400. Odd that it doesn't say the load capacity of tailgate down.

Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you so much for proving the user manual!!!! I have gone through some of it and feel encouraged.

• Engine Start/Stop Technology
    • Will help at long red lights and fast food drive-throughs
    • Will the a/c or heater still work?
  • Gas Tank Capacity for non-hybrid - 16.5 Gallons
    • If the fuel tank is increased to match the range, then this will make the mpg for non-hybrids potentially over 30mpg (possibly 32)
  • Wireless Charger Pad
    • Doesn't indicate a trim
    • Hoping that this is on all models
  • Remote Start
    • My Maverick will come with keyed ignition
    • Using the app, I can start the car remotely
      • Once I am in the car, I am sure I will need to insert key to drive it
A lot of pages, but a lot of detailed information and I am sure more people will be able to cull through and pull out interesting tidbits.
I can guaranyyou that wireless charging is not available without add-ons or higher trims

icarusflu

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
In reading through there was one thing I noticed missing, they go through wifi hot spot with SYNC3 but there is no mention of the hot spot with the standard infotainment system.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Page 211, has active rear view camera guidelines

Ringo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1953 MGTD, 1953 F100, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
WOW! I'll be surprised if the issued manual isn't on a thumb drive or CD.. I love reading owners manuals. (Drives my wife crazy when she asks how to do something on her car and I ask if she checked the manual. Always gets me the stink eye)

Sponsored

adawalli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2010 Toyota Prius 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Rflick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Buick Encore + ordered Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
For those not familiar with PDF: (I sell several books published in PDF)
Some important features:
Magnifying glass at top right allows you to “search for topics”: If looking for something like “Remote starting”…key in “Remote Start”. (Shorten wording to find stuff).
PDF’s in Windows 10 on pc’s will read the manual or sections to you audibily.
On IPads with PDF, there are dozens of audio reader app’s for $3.00 or $4.00, some for 99cents. Tap a subject and the manual is read to you.

What I dread from the manual is what feature are or not in each model/package of the Maverick. You can also redact or make notes in this version of the PDF with the mouse or fingers depending on what version of PC/tablet you have. What can easily be done in a PDF is use the pen/pencil button to draw lines, circles, or redact out txt that does not apply to your vehicle packages.

On IPad’s save this PDF manual to Books and it will be faster and easier to read.
Thanks for your helpful tip on saving this PDF to books on my IPad. Really makes reading the manual a lot easier!

Ken_Ohki

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Page 296 shows a fuse for a auto dimming mirror. I don’t remember seeing that on any of the packages or the base XL. Did I miss it?

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For those curious about off road use, I found this interesting in that for non FX4, they say no way and it will void your warranty.

HOW DOES ALL-WHEEL DRIVE WORK - EXCLUDING: FX4 OFF ROAD Your all-wheel drive vehicle is not intended for off-road use. The AWD feature gives your vehicle some limited off-road capabilities in which driving surfaces are relatively level, obstruction-free and otherwise similar to normal on-road driving conditions. Operating your vehicle in conditions other than those, could subject the vehicle to excess stress which might result in damage which is not covered under your warranty.

HOW DOES ALL-WHEEL DRIVE WORK - FX4 OFF ROAD All-wheel drive uses all four wheels to power the vehicle. This increases traction, enabling you to drive over terrain and road conditions that a conventional two-wheel drive vehicle cannot. The AWD system turns on when needed and does not require input from you.
For the love of god, Ford please define "Off-roading" for us- Thanks

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know if this is a typo, but it lists (page 82):

Note: The maximum load capacity for the middle position is 500 lb (226 kg).

Previous information was that tailgate down was 500, middle position 400. Odd that it doesn't say the load capacity of tailgate down.
Some mention down/rating was 300 which would be ridiculous-
Sponsored