First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think that availability of the 2023 Maverick will be better than 2022. Keep in mind that there is only 1 factory and sales in South America will need to be supported. Also i would expect increased Fleet and Government sales. From what i have been able to determine from the Argentina Ford website only XLT and Lariat will be sold and the EB is the only engine being offered.

https://www.ford.com.ar/crossovers-suvs-4x4/maverick/?intcmp=tds-maverick
Sponsored

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also there's talk of some people's 2022 orders getting pushed into 2023.

I'm hoping there's enough available to get a 2023 one myself. Probably gonna have to place an order real early, maybe when it opens in August. I could see them selling out even earlier this time around.

That having been said, I'm not too worried about fleet orders? I'd imagine dealer orders and allocations come from a separate pool from fleet orders.

OP
OP

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also there's talk of some people's 2022 orders getting pushed into 2023.

I'm hoping there's enough available to get a 2023 one myself. Probably gonna have to place an order real early, maybe when it opens in August. I could see them selling out even earlier this time around.

That having been said, I'm not too worried about fleet orders? I'd imagine dealer orders and allocations come from a separate pool from fleet orders.
I was actually focused on the limitation on what the plant can produce.

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Probably depend on how many 22s are converted to 23s, could be a big backlog before the new orders get scheduled

Sponsored

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was actually focused on the limitation on what the plant can produce.
Probably depend on how many 22s are converted to 23s, could be a big backlog before the new orders get scheduled
I get that we're all wondering about how many they can produce? But I think the big issue will be how many '22 orders get pushed to '23.

Akuma72387

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm expecting that the 23 model won't have much room for orders unless ford fires up a different plant to make them or cuts down on the broncos.

My guess the first year of people being able to buy them then get them relatively quick will probably be the 24.... unfortunately. Or if that chip plant that is being built (forgot the state) get done quicker and ford can get the chips for all the vehicles that they shipped to people without all the features that the people paid for get caught up.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think that availability of the 2023 Maverick will be better than 2022.
I think the plant has a general limit of what it can produce, but what actually gets produced will depend on parts availability (including chips and everything else).

If a significant number of orders are pushed from MY22 to MY 23 (which may or may not happen), my guess is that Ford will monitor orders more closely and be more aggressive in cutting off ordering when they get to the limit of what they can produce. That's really the only way they can avoid having a horde of disgruntled customers.

PlantMan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-250 4WD crew 8' bed; 2022 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A lot depends on when/if the 2023 Transit Connect replacement gets put into production at the same plant. This may consume any possible surge capacity if it turns out to be a popular design.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche Macan S/2023 Integra 6MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford may also remove constrained content - or at least break down packages into a la carte options - to allow more flexibility.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford may also remove constrained content - or at least break down packages into a la carte options - to allow more flexibility.
agreed all I wanted was power seat too bad i just couldn't have gotten that. Hopefully they consider that.
Sponsored