Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had zero idea the Maverick and/or Santa Cruz were in development until I was two months deep in researching the new car market. I stumbled across the Maverick and Santa Cruz rumor mills AFTER finding out about a handful of small unibody trucks available outside of the U.S.

Point being: I think most normies, like me, are generally unaware of car models under development until we see them on the literal streets and in show rooms. So, the videos, articles, interviews, etc, are invisible until people like me until we know how and where to find them.
Same with me. In this digital age of audio/video streaming with no ads, I don't know about a product unless I'm in the market for one and do my online research. I started off researching about the Ridgeline and other small trucks before stumbling onto the Ford Maverick. I've spoken to a few people who were just entertaining the idea of a new vehicle purchase - probably irritating them at this point - about my truck purchase, and they didn't know about the Maverick until our conversation.
Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford don’t need advertising right now they are trying to catch up with current orders that were higher than expected.
I agree with that. The demand could be easily be even greater than it is.

Hdang1980

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford don’t need advertising right now they are trying to catch up with current orders that were higher than expected.
Yep
I agree with that. The demand could be easily be even greater than it is.
Their best form of advertisement would be to get the Maverick into the hands of consumers and onto the roads.

boe757

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150, camry,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bigger picture in your premise is that we are in uncharted territory with Covid and changing consumer attitudes. Spot on. EVs are coming on strong - huge vehicles (unprecedented from a world viewpoint) and gas hogs will be thankfully be passe if even available. This will be my 6th hybrid and there's no mystery - unless that 2 seconds off the line are important to you, or you're going to pull more than a ton or more than you should (better have good trailer brakes), hybrids are vastly superior in just about every way (IMO of course, for my uses).

When I saw the announcement, it was a no-brainer and ordered it - I think it's built and just needs EPA tranny approval to meet Ford's 10/18 delivery estimate. Yah I'm just an old solar-paneled Tesla-batteried hippy, but apparently more people are thinking like me than the historic and outdated data would have suggested.

There is no conspiracy, there is no bait and switch or deception, there's no hidden psychology, they didn't blow it, it's only two weeks into the fall and the supply chains have been messed up in one sector or another ever since the 2008 crash and compounded over the last 18 months. Everybody can breathe deep and hang in there, you're not being bamboozled unless you're too impatient to wait it out - we are nowhere near the end of this turmoil.

There's nothing else out there to compare (and don't get me started on the POS Santa Cruz high-devaluing wannabe that's destined for the scrap heap of pretend trucks that blast through suspensions like crazy). I'm just thankful that Ford decided to go for it so I can have a cheap truck that ticks all my boxes and will last me until I'm cremated . Good on them - it's a home run.

Hmmmmmm, hope this is not related, I have a XLT due to build 11/8 and received a letter today from the cremation society, no good :D
Sponsored