Sponsored

Are you going to jump ship if Subaru presents a new version of Baja in 2023?

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As a current Subaru owner, it would be a very hard choice for me. I like Maverick because of its perfect size and real truck style, not a toy, not too juvenile. On the other hand, my 2013 Outback has been so reliable and I expect the new Baja will be, too.
Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No. I wouldn't consider it unless it was at least as truckish as the Santa Cruz, and much better looking. A bed on an Outback will not do it for me. It needs to look stellar and be very capable..

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not a chance. All Subis have CVT now and that kills my interest in any vehicle with it.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No!

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't have to jump ship as I got my Maverick hybrid already. I had looked at the Baja and thought about how it would be. No, never did more than look on Craig's List over a couple of years before I heard of the Maverick. Not a Subaru fan.

Before the Maverick was ordered I had also thought that a 1989 240 Volvo wagon with 5 speed manual could have been chopped up and made into a pickup but I lost that wagon and have always missed it. Best new car I ever owned. My X took it.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It'll have a CVT, so no lol

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Respectfully I think Subaru is one of the most overrated car brands in existence, def the most of Japanese brands. I hate their styling. I donā€™t think they are comfortable. Iā€™m in CO where itā€™s almost a citizenship requirement to own one lol so Iā€™m outnumbered. I love our maverick, I loved our F150 for 17 years, I will never buy a Subaru.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Respectfully I think Subaru is one of the most overrated car brands in existence, def the most of Japanese brands. I hate their styling. I donā€™t think they are comfortable. Iā€™m in CO where itā€™s almost a citizenship requirement to own one lol so Iā€™m outnumbered. I love our maverick, I loved our F150 for 17 years, I will never buy a Subaru.
Man the more of your posts I see the more I like you!

Sponsored

WVX76

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray XLT FX4, Subaru Forester Wilderness
We just picked up a Forester Wilderness for my wife. We couldn't pass up selling our '19 Crosstrek for more than we originally paid MSRP. So far very impressed with the Wilderness. It is really nicely finished and solid. I like the new styling. The CVT seems more responsive and better at transferring power than the Crosstrek, which honestly wasn't bad for general driving. I know about overheating, etc. and I haven't had the Wilderness anywhere near a challenging climb yet, but Subaru may have done some work with at least this model with the CVT. Longevity to be determined.

I do think the Maverick is the better deal. It's an amazing value with the 2.0 power and the 8 speed. Of course I would take that 8 speed in the Subaru all day over the CVT. The Maverick AWD has so far been the equal of Subaru's in snow and ice. We've owned a previously crap AWD car (looking at you Toyota) and Subaru is hard to beat. I enjoy the rough character of the boxer engines and the quirkiness of Subaru. (Not sure I could go for a Baja in any form though!)

OP
OP

WildHorse

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can see you are a man of contrast. :cool:, or finally you returned to your true self, as you are/were a Y owner. As much as I like Tesla's technology, I just can't ever get over its boxy style as an overweight granny, no matter how nice she is and how yummy her cookies are.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can see you are a man of contrast. :cool:, or finally you returned to your true self, as you are/were a Y owner. As much as I like Tesla's technology, I just can't ever get over its boxy style as an overweight granny, no matter how nice she is and how yummy her cookies are.
Lol I still have the Model Y. Itā€™s being neglected because I canā€™t stop driving the maverick. I do love it.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
So much hate for Subaru šŸ˜‚ Maybe it's the CVT transmission? This is at least a 6 speed manual. 130k miles and tuned for 325whp 375 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels and this thing has run like a top with nothing but maintenance (Pennzoil platinum is great oil). That being said, it's like asking if you'd buy a Lightning or a Cybertruck, one of them actually exists for purchase.

Ford Maverick Are you going to jump ship if Subaru presents a new version of Baja in 2023? IMG_20180622_194641700
Sponsored