First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like GM took the product line design elements that weren't used on production vehicles and made a collage from them and called it Montana.
Sponsored

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
they won't sell any in the states, GM has repeatedly stated that the Montana is strictly for the South American and African markets and will never be sold state side.
Well that's a good thing. I bet theres some that would buy it just because of its homely looks.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I wouldn't be surprised to see something pop up under the El Camino name for Chevrolet. I'm just tossing stuff against the wall.

davmel1006

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick, 2019 Kia Sedona, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you look at images of the Montana, it is more similar in design to the Santa Cruz. Can't say I am really a fan. I think the truckish image of the Maverick is a large part of it's appeal. Montana is also a 2 door.
1640869631212.png
Looks like an old dodge rampage. This will not be any competition for the maverick.

Barracuda340

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 Silverado , 07 mustang, 69 barracuda
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looks like an old dodge rampage. This will not be any competition for the maverick.
It looks nothing like a dodge rampage. The rampage was a much better looking vehicle

Sponsored

Tompallen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just saw a video regarding a possible new Chevrolet compact truck. There is speculation that the new truck will initially be produced for countries south of the border. Looks to be a Maverick competitor.
Hopefully we will get our Maverick before they come out...
Just saw a video regarding a possible new Chevrolet compact truck. There is speculation that the new truck will initially be produced for countries south of the border. Looks to be a Maverick competitor.
Hopefully we will get our Maverick before they come out...🤔

xncrman

OMG.. Maybe in China but it is a total POC. This looks like a bigger bomb than the Vega was..

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you look at images of the Montana, it is more similar in design to the Santa Cruz. Can't say I am really a fan. I think the truckish image of the Maverick is a large part of it's appeal. Montana is also a 2 door.
1640869631212.png
Yes, it seems a blatant rip-off of the Santa Cruz. As an old-timer, I have to laugh, as there would NEVER be a choice between buying a Ford or a Chevy. You were BORN a Ford or Chevy person. It will be interesting however, to see if the 2-door model can sell for a cheaper price than the 4-door Maverick. Still, it is Ford vs. Chevy, never the twain shall meet.

Camlt12010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford Escape
Engine
Undecided
I will give it to them for that step in the side to access the bed.
Yea, I can imagine the paint getting all kicked up all around the step, Not a good place for that.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I had a Chevy Avalanche back in the day and that was a truck that was truly ahead of its time. The midgate system on the Avalanche would be perfect for a compact pickup truck. GM should bring back the Avalanche but downsize it and base it off something like the Equinox platform and style it like the old Avalanche but only modernized. A compact truck with a 4 foot bed that could be converted to a 6 foot bed or 8 foot bed with bed extender would have an advantage over the competition.

Sponsored

Braderick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT, RAV4 Hybrid, KIA EV6
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Brazilian concept...so we shall see what we get, if we get anything from Chevy US.
Ford Maverick 2024 Chevrolet Montana? 1641306723263

LE5CAV

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL: 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes, it seems a blatant rip-off of the Santa Cruz. As an old-timer, I have to laugh, as there would NEVER be a choice between buying a Ford or a Chevy. You were BORN a Ford or Chevy person. It will be interesting however, to see if the 2-door model can sell for a cheaper price than the 4-door Maverick. Still, it is Ford vs. Chevy, never the twain shall meet.
the version of the Montana pictured is from 2010, so not quite a santa cruz rip off

LE5CAV

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a Chevy Avalanche back in the day and that was a truck that was truly ahead of its time. The midgate system on the Avalanche would be perfect for a compact pickup truck. GM should bring back the Avalanche but downsize it and base it off something like the Equinox platform and style it like the old Avalanche but only modernized. A compact truck with a 4 foot bed that could be converted to a 6 foot bed or 8 foot bed with bed extender would have an advantage over the competition.
GM just renewed the Avalanche trademark. I believe they will be downsizing it and and basing it on the Blazer platform. A much better segment comparison.

midcoastme

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 PT Cruisers & Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

GM just renewed the Avalanche trademark. I believe they will be downsizing it and and basing it on the Blazer platform. A much better segment comparison.
I could never understand why a vehicle should be named after a disaster. 🤔

LE5CAV

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could never understand why a vehicle should be named after a disaster. 🤔
vehicles are named after things with power, not too hard to understand
Sponsored