First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Terrible article that looks like it was written by second graders. Not to mention it is an ugly vehicle made by Chevy. I will never own another Chevy they just arent reliable.
Sponsored

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, the Chevy Montana (Tornado) has been sold in Mexico, where they build another compact truck I believe, Latin America, Africa and some other countries since 2003. So you might say Ford was watching and thought it might try again with the small truck ( old Rangers). Ford just got lucky by being the first to install a hybrid engine in a little pickup, an engine which Prius has had for years and a lot of people didnā€™t really care about. A lot of you younger folks think Maverick is this great concept that Ford invented when in fact a lot of automakers had small pickups in the past and Toyota perfected the Hybrid engine over the last 20+ years. Ford was just lucky by being the first to put two ā€œoldā€ ideas together. And as I said months ago there will be more of the same type trucks coming. And some of you are hysterical about ā€œLooksā€. Thatā€™s why we have a variety of everything. Personally, I like the look of the Chevy but I like Maverick better. So, when mine comes in 2-3 years, missing items I ordered and wanted, with melting parts and missing chips, at $10K above sticker, Iā€™ll be happy.
In my opinion your last line says a lot "So, when mine comes in 2-3 years, missing items I ordered and wanted, with melting parts and missing chips, at $10K above sticker, Iā€™ll be happy."

Sounds like you're easy to please and most likely married if that will make you "happy'. LOL

teh603

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Subaru Outback, '09 Honda Fit
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Actually, the Chevy Montana (Tornado) has been sold in Mexico, where they build another compact truck I believe, Latin America, Africa and some other countries since 2003.
Yeah, this. If Chevy wanted the US compact truck market, it'd just do whatever it needs to import Tornadoes and that'd be the end of it. But for whatever reason they're still sinking costs on the same oversized pedestrian mashers that everyone else is.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, the Chevy Montana (Tornado) has been sold in Mexico, where they build another compact truck I believe, Latin America, Africa and some other countries since 2003. So you might say Ford was watching and thought it might try again with the small truck ( old Rangers). Ford just got lucky by being the first to install a hybrid engine in a little pickup, an engine which Prius has had for years and a lot of people didnā€™t really care about. A lot of you younger folks think Maverick is this great concept that Ford invented when in fact a lot of automakers had small pickups in the past and Toyota perfected the Hybrid engine over the last 20+ years. Ford was just lucky by being the first to put two ā€œoldā€ ideas together. And as I said months ago there will be more of the same type trucks coming. And some of you are hysterical about ā€œLooksā€. Thatā€™s why we have a variety of everything. Personally, I like the look of the Chevy but I like Maverick better. So, when mine comes in 2-3 years, missing items I ordered and wanted, with melting parts and missing chips, at $10K above sticker, Iā€™ll be happy.
You are correct about the Chevy being sold overseas. However, the US market is much different. Larger roads, great open spaces and the American automobile culture spawned the bigger is better mindset, and rightly so. We just do things in a bigger way because our country is larger and we are accustomed to unlimited production. Therefore, a compact truck with a hybrid engine in the US market was a bit of a risk.
I've always liked how the Chevy's looked. In fact I owned several. The Maverick just fits my needs better at this particular time.

Thanks for your comments and information. Well said.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm calling robot on that "article".
The previous model, really?

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You guys think that is official? šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø Thatā€™s a bad photoshop that someone made.

Sponsored

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
It needs the power.

The Chevrolet Montana is a midsize pickup truck with a 115-inch wheelbase and a payload of 3 000 pounds. It competes with the Toyota Tacoma and the Nissan Frontier, and prices start at $26 595.

Not in Maverick small truck class.
In the same class as the Col and Canyon.

gaken

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot šŸŒ¶ Pepper Red Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, General Motors has (had) a hybrid engine in their inventory, that ā€œcouldā€œ be used in this vehicle, as a Maverick competitor.

My son drives a ā€˜16 Chevy Malibu Hybrid, that gets around 40 mpg, in real world driving. It has a 1.8L turbo engine. However, I canā€™t tell you where it was made. It is a derivative of the engine used in the Chevy Volt. I bet, most of yā€™all didnā€™t know that engine existed.

GM, in itā€™s ā€œinfiniteā€œ wisdom, decided to drop that engine, as an option, around the 2020 model year. Sweet engine, bad marketing move šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø.

On a side note, I pick up my hot pepper šŸŒ¶ red, Lariat Maverick this week, after originally ordering it on August 8th. I feel like I have been waiting for a 9 month birth of a baby!

Reactions: Dad

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
I'm glad Ford decided to ignore aerodynamics for truck styling. They may have sacrificed a mpg or two for that front end, but I for one am glad they took that route.

Oldopelguy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, various Opels, various MOPARs
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Montana has been sold in Brazil for years, but the new one is on a platform that GM designed for third world countries that is cheaper, more rugged, and not as refined. That chassis would be slaughtered in the press if they tried to sell it here.

Cheap and rugged sounds great to me, but I don't make the decisions.

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I know I have beaten this to death, but I owned a 2003 Avalanche and would love it if GM made a miniature Avalanche. I'm excited that the new Silverado EV is basically an Avalanche, but just shrink it. The midgate system was an ingenious invention at the time. Put that midgate system into a truck with a 4 foot bed and you have a winner. Being able to easily convert a 4 foot bed to a 6 foot bed would be a huge advantage over the Maverick. I also loved the fact that I could fold down the back seat of my Avalanche without removing the tonneau cover or rear window and haul 10 foot long 2x4's completely sealed and locked with the tailgate up. GM also did well blending SUV and truck styling. It seems to make too much sense to bring that midgate system to a small truck that could use extra bed space. I also loved the side storage bins but that may impede too much on the width of the bed on a smaller truck. The answer to the Maverick seems pretty easy for GM. Just shrink down the old Avalanche. If they do it, I'm a buyer.
Sponsored