First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Received my XLT Ecoboost Nov 21, just barely 1K miles. Can anyone tell me if this if this is unfinished look, under the front seats carpet and heater vents looks bad..see picture.
Yesterday, I opened driver door and found broken black tab of plastic on the front floor mat. Tab (there are two of them) with a "+ & -" just below the light dial..think is something for the trailer brakes. Any suggestions for repairing the tab or unit and cost? Part (tab)never used or touched.

Ford Maverick XLT is it a finished product & parts fall off Screenshot_20221214-120256
Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Post a pic of the pieces that “fell off”

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had plenty of cars that look unfinished where you aren't supposed to look. I had a mystery part fall off the interior of my 2022 Chevy Bolt. Took me a while to figure out what it was and where it went.

Mavman321

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe Schmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Received my XLT Ecoboost Nov 21, just barely 1K miles. Can anyone tell me if this if this is unfinished look, under the front seats carpet and heater vents looks bad..see picture.
Yesterday, I opened driver door and found broken black tab of plastic on the front floor mat. Tab (there are two of them) with a "+ & -" just below the light dial..think is something for the trailer brakes. Any suggestions for repairing the tab or unit and cost? Part (tab)never used or touched.

Screenshot_20221214-120256.png
That carpet looks normal to me. Not a of attention to detail is going to go into under the seat area

Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I've had plenty of cars that look unfinished where you aren't supposed to look. I had a mystery part fall off the interior of my 2022 Chevy Bolt. Took me a while to figure out what it was and where it went.
This is where your standards are different if you're used to "non-Detriot iron" most foreign cars are finished off even where you don't always look.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is where your standards are different if you're used to "non-Detriot iron" most foreign cars are finished off even where you don't always look.
Welcome to America :LOL:. Slapdash good enough

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks like they were in a hurry. Not surprising.

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That carpet looks normal to me. Not a of attention to detail is going to go into under the seat area
Will fix it myself and share a photo after..thank you everyone

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll take y'alls word for it.

We've bought Audis, BMWs, a VW, a Mazda, a Honda, an Infiniti, a Porsche, an Alfa in the last 15 years. I have never, ever found the time (or had the inclination) to inspect the carpet under the seats.

Sponsored

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please share photos of your preferred aesthetic underneath the front seats from a competing make, so we can better understand your "higher standards".

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Screenshot_20221214-120256.png
that is normal the other side should like the same this is the exposed heater ducting poking through the carpet

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
that is normal the other side should like the same this is the exposed heater ducting poking through the carpet
Yes, it's the same but I'm going to fix it so it doesn't look like unfinished. Might use some seam bias tape with hem glue. Believe I make a nice 3D cover for the vent.
Will share the results once its done!

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll take y'alls word for it.

We've bought Audis, BMWs, a VW, a Mazda, a Honda, an Infiniti, a Porsche, an Alfa in the last 15 years. I have never, ever found the time (or had the inclination) to inspect the carpet under the seats.
You're not 4 ft 10 and have the seat pushed all the way forward to hit the pedals so anybody sitting in the backseat or leaning in and putting things in the backseat can look underneath and it's very clear that I can see it and it bothers me so I'm going to fix it! It just looked tacky and I think it just needs to b
look more professional. My dad worked for Ford on the mustang and so I just like to have something a little bit better than just raw carpet and marked up with some type of markings on it a heater vent that looks like crap! Will post once I get it done!

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I haven't vaccumned lately. Here's picts of my '14 Prius and '93 Nissan.
Sponsored