Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
She's 71, it's her first new vehicle.
I'm wishing her a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

So the pressed-on knob for the trailer brake controller slipped off its lever and that’s the cause for all the drama?

Sponsored

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So the pressed-on knob for the trailer brake controller slipped off its lever and that’s the cause for all the drama?

It's not drama, why say that. Clearly the piece looks broken and I can't imagine how it was
broken since no one was in the vehicle! No one else has driven it but me and I haven't touched it or used the feature. So I just asking others who may know or experienced something similar. No question on the site is asked to cause drama. People have been extremely helpful and thoughtful!

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And the floor under the rear seats could look a little prettier, where the vent sticks out of the carpet, I guess?
I thought the ragged carpets not just around the vent, looked unfinished to me...so I'll fix it myself.

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes I can
that is normal the other side should like the same this is the exposed heater ducting poking through the carpet
yes it seems the same but I'll make it look nicer when I'm off work for Christmas. Then I'll post a updated photo.
Please know the vent under the seat is very visible on the driver's side because I have the seat pulled all the way forward because so short on one end LOL!

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Received my XLT Ecoboost Nov 21, just barely 1K miles. Can anyone tell me if this if this is unfinished look, under the front seats carpet and heater vents looks bad..see picture.
Yesterday, I opened driver door and found broken black tab of plastic on the front floor mat. Tab (there are two of them) with a "+ & -" just below the light dial..think is something for the trailer brakes. Any suggestions for repairing the tab or unit and cost? Part (tab)never used or touched.

Screenshot_20221214-120256.png
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Here's the info
Corwin Ford Dealer
Code: F57596,
Salesman: Brad Lloyd
2021-10-29 order#A063
VIN 3FTTW8F9XNRA96596
Please let me know if this is sufficient data for you.
By the way Brad was excellent I've known him for many years I've bought so many vehicles for the Telecom company I used to work for before I retired a third time. Also worked with the previous dealership for trucks, before Corwin took over.

She's 71, it's her first new vehicle.
I'm wishing her a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Please know the tab part looks like it's been broken off.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome to America :LOL:. Slapdash good enough
So true. I had a job and was told just meet the specs, exceeding them is money wasted. Kinda bummed me out a bit.

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does the +/- part look like this

1671318341889.png
Yes it was the one over the top of the + sign. It was just on the be do loor b ok atd be when I opened the car door. Thanks for the picture. Sorry I've been so busy as it is Christmas season and we are winding down at work so I haven't been able to be on constantly and get back to everything or get the pictures I need I will do a picture of what it looks like

Sponsored

Ken L

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
From your last picture, you can see that it is definitely broken, The male tabs that hold the sliding knob on are half in the knob and can see where they are broken off inside the sliding track. It could have been accidentally/unknowingly hit by a knee or other object while getting in or out of the truck. The control unit probably comes as a complete part, hopefully your dealer will put it through under warranty.

Ken

OP
OP
IdahoMaverickMom

IdahoMaverickMom

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Faye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2022
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From your last picture, you can see that it is definitely broken, The male tabs that hold the sliding knob on are half in the knob and can see where they are broken off inside the sliding track. It could have been accidentally/unknowingly hit by a knee or other object while getting in or out of the truck. The control unit probably comes as a complete part, hopefully your dealer will put it through under warranty.

Ken
I agree and will get it back in to the dealership. Someone may have hit it with their knee when it was off the line or first driven because my knees could reach it and no one else has driven my vehicle since I since I picked it up from the dealership. Also being that I'm only 4'10" tall (almost) I always pull my seat all the way forward after entering the car and slide it back to get out. Thank you everyone for your help with this matter! MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs