First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ll own two mavericks come January. I’ll just need to decide if I want to keep the eco or hybrid.
I would keep both, not kidding! 2023's msrp will probably be higher with all the supply chain issues and magnesium shortage. Don't put all the miles and wear and tear on one truck. Use the hybrid for city driving's high mpg. Use the eco for road trips. Hwy mpg is not much different even with way more power, more fun to drive in sport mode, safer passing, more towing with 4k, and best of all - not forced to chain up with awd plus much safer when wet or snowing.

A full size would cost about the same total so you have 2 trucks for the price of 1.
Sponsored

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hey Rambo,
with a picture of you or whoever unloading a gun in your profile did you "really made a killing"?
Dude, you have such bad taste.
What a diverse group of people is this Maverick attracting...
Yep certainly a diverse group but hey isn’t that what people want, more diversity.. why the negativity Moriarity?

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
“A fool and his money are soon parted ways.”

Look around. These are hard times. I’m wondering how many dealerships are going to survive until 2022 at this point because selling ecosports doesn’t pay the bills. My Toyota dealership will not stop hounding me for a simple tire rotation my 4Runner doesn’t need since it’s rarely driven (plus I like to rotate them myself) because they are so desperate for any revenue for even basic maintenance package work....even if it’s pennies on the dollar for them.

If you have a Maverick, drive it and enjoy it. You are in the green and beat the odds, which is even having a Maverick in the first place. To me, I have no desire to make a profit off my truck. Money isn’t a concern, not having a truck is and I’m not about to sit and wait months again hoping another comes along or buying something that gets as crappy gas mileage as my 4Runner today. This is the golden goose and gambling that away, especially now for a few extra “watery” dollars if you follow doesn’t make any sense to me.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“A fool and his money are soon parted ways.”

Look around. These are hard times. I’m wondering how many dealerships are going to survive until 2022 at this point because selling ecosports doesn’t pay the bills. My Toyota dealership will not stop hounding me for a simple tire rotation my 4Runner doesn’t need since it’s rarely driven (plus I like to rotate them myself) because they are so desperate for any revenue for even basic maintenance package work....even if it’s pennies on the dollar for them.

If you have a Maverick, drive it and enjoy it. You are in the green and beat the odds, which is even having a Maverick in the first place. To me, I have no desire to make a profit off my truck. Money isn’t a concern, not having a truck is and I’m not about to sit and wait months again hoping another comes along or buying something that gets as crappy gas mileage as my 4Runner today. This is the golden goose and gambling that away, especially now for a few extra “watery” dollars if you follow me doesn’t make any sense to me.
GREAT advice! Not having a truck can cost a lot more.

maverick33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Depends on what the other working car is, how much you can get for that, and which car you would rather have.
Depends on what features would be on the 2023 Hybrid Mavericks would factor into a flip.

Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll sell my XL Hybrid in a heartbeat if I can profit 4k at least. Any less and I'd rather keep it.

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Assuming you already own another working vehicle, would you flip your Mav for a profit? Scenario: I bought my MAV @ Chapman 4% under invoice. I went to the parts department at the local dealer, and while I was waiting the used manager came up and said they would give me 2k over MSRP if I sold my truck.

After doing some quick rough math.
giphy.gif
I would come out with a little over 2k profit after taxes paid.

It's not much, but I'm also on the fence about ordering a Hybrid, instead of sticking with my Ecoboost.

Thoughts?
I get my level kit, wheels and 245's installed today. It's going up for sale tomorrow at $5000 over what I paid just to see if I can get that.

Bob_Snow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think so. I will need a car this year and $5k wouldn't do much for me.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just wonder... Knowing my dealer would jump at the chance to convert my Maverick to a stock sale well over MSRP, maybe I can swindle them into giving me $2000 just to walk away?

Maverick2022XL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, AWD, 4K tow, 2.0L EcoBoost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I like mine so far so the short answer is no. Longer answer is if the next gen Maverick has better features I might then the use that buy one of those instead.

Sponsored

Oddzball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2022 XL
Hey Rambo,
with a picture of you or whoever unloading a gun in your profile did you "really made a killing"?
Dude, you have such bad taste.
What a diverse group of people is this Maverick attracting...
ROFL what an incredibly stupid thing to focus on. Bad taste to be a fan of firearms or have a picture of himself shooting as his profile picture? Calling him Rambo?

Midwest Jim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline CRV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Would I flip the Maverick I ordered in october? Absolutely not! Well.. probably not. Well.. maybe? And would would I flip the Maverick I ordered in january? Absolutely! That's why I bought it. My nephew has seen a few Mavericks go for over 6,000 over MSRP at the auto auctions. Supply and demand.

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would have to CLEAR $5,000 to consider it.

Ricstar

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Short answer NO. Long answer depends on howe much a idiot offers me. I had a CJ7 for almost 20 years never planned to sell it, Had someone stop by a couple months ago and offer me 20k. Didn't think twice took the cash and laughed. That almost paid for me Maverick.
Sponsored