First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sent in an order for a maverick, in two different dealers and I'm still impatient. No response as far as schedule or even an order update. So I see a '22 XLT AWD for sale with 12k miles. Its off a lease and looks really clean, has all the things I would have put on an XL but the carfax says there was an accident reported. I don't like taking over other peoples problems but I really want a truck now. The past 5 cars were all brand new. What do you guys think.
Sponsored

Fibrepunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With accident? Depending on what type of accident/damage, but if I don't know what happened to the truck, I would not touch it with a 10ft pole.

There should be dealers out there with new Mavericks(ecoboost) that would sell for MSRP, though you might need to make a drive for it.

OP
OP

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I already drove to another state for one order lol. I would love to know what the damage is but donā€™t wanna pay for the car fax

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd at least ask to borrow the truck for a few hours, and take it to an independent mechanic to have him do a detective story on the vehicle. It'll cost you a hundred or so, but it could save you tons of misery down the road.

Personally I'd pass on any vehicle with an accident history, but I'm not you. You gotta do you.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldnā€™t especially with an accident history. Look up some of the accident threads on here, it gets really expensive really fast when it comes to accident damage with this truck. On top of this, without knowing the quality of the repairs and history, itā€™s a gamble. You donā€™t want to be that person that bought a used Maverick only for your inspection station to find a crinkled unibody that wasnā€™t repaired right or wires poorly spliced together that may cause problems the instant the truck sees rain. Not to mention some insurance carriers donā€™t particularly like used vehicles with accident history, especially if the title didnā€™t remain in a clean status at all times. Varies by state though.

If you have the Vin, you might get lucky and find it on copartā€™s website to give you an idea of the damage to help also if it ended up there.

Really though, itā€™s a cool little truck but used Iā€™d only consider someoneā€™s babied one from here if for some reason buying new wasnā€™t an option as there are a lot of honest folk on this forum that truly love these trucks. You really want new with a warranty, trust me as while this truck is great, it seems to have little fit and finish issues or glitches electronically (stupid infotainment system) that pop up from time to time, regardless of which engine you have. You could always fly out to Philly/Horsham to go to Chapman Ford if you havenā€™t tried them too and drive back, it possibly wouldnā€™t be that terrible of a drive except through NYC as expected. Chapman Philly was the absolute best car buying experience I had in my entire life, even many, many Toyota and Jeep dealerships donā€™t hold a candle to them in my experience.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
'23 or better seems to be best bet.

Sponsored

RichardCranium

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL 2.0 AWD 4K CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

After reading the way people abuse their trucks on this forum, I would stay away from used, but my truck is supposed to be built this month, so I am biased.

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Not a chance, wouldn't touch it. Why? With a little patience you will either get a build date for one of your orders or find a new stock Maverick for MSRP. I bought my stock '23 XLT FX4 for X-plan pricing, great deal, EB's aren't as hard to find in stock.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did buy used.

But I'd never buy one with an accident report. Insurance is a joke now days and resale value goes right out the window regardless of how small the accident may have been. If it's on the record, RIP your resale and RIP your insurance cost. That's how it works now days.

Also, I'd never buy anything over a '22. Regardless of what we HOPE they fixed or addressed, they removed features and charge more. Maybe it's not as bad on lower models, but certainly for a Lariat.

AutobahnSHO

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not buy it.

I've bought $2,000 cars that had some damage and one I drove 6 years as well as across the country and back. But it was cheap.
Sponsored