DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many threads on here about people blocking traffic so they coast down a hill and eek 1 mpg out of their vehicle. I would like to see an antithesis thread!

I will start it. I took mine on a higher speed road trip last weekend. While I wasn't doing a cannonball run or anything, traffic was light so I ran an hour or so with the cruise set between 90mph and 100mph (mostly 90ish) and managed to get ~27mpg on that leg.

Let's see any 1+ hour trips that get worse!
Ford Maverick Worst hybrid millage thread IMG_20221030_090957326_HDR
Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

it looks like you averaged north of 78 mph. even if you reset the trip computer after you're at highway speed that's impressive. :LOL:

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is meaningless.
All you have to do is run the engine in a parking lot. 0 MPH. Boom. Done. I set a record that can never be broken. 0 MPG.

OP
OP

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
it looks like you averaged north of 78 mph. even if you reset the trip computer after you're at highway speed that's impressive. :LOL:
I didn't reset it. I had a few minutes of messing with my phone while parked with truck on and a few minutes of city driving to get to the highway (probably the electric miles).

This is meaningless.
All you have to do is run the engine in a parking lot. 0 MPH. Boom. Done. I set a record that can never be broken. 0 MPG.
That is not the intent of the thread, but I imagine you know that already...

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd be afraid to do 90+ mph on public roads. Not that the better interstate stretches are necessarily unsafe at the speed (Texas is 75 a lot areas and everyone does 80+) but just I wouldn't want to risk the ticket.

My lowest mpg's have been short trips where the engine is warming up. It's interesting, because I'll get 28 mpg to CVS and 45 back from CVS. Same roads, same length. But on the way there (about 3.5 miles) the ICE engine does have to work and it's cold. On the way back the mileage is much better.

Sponsored

BILLNOROVILLE

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
prius, Hybrid XLT, Honda 1100Rebel, 2) Hawk 650NT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So many threads on here about people blocking traffic so they coast down a hill and eek 1 mpg out of their vehicle. I would like to see an antithesis thread!

I will start it. I took mine on a higher speed road trip last weekend. While I wasn't doing a cannonball run or anything, traffic was light so I ran an hour or so with the cruise set between 90mph and 100mph (mostly 90ish) and managed to get ~27mpg on that leg.

IMG_20221030_090957326_HDR.jpg

I can not remember seeing a post on this forum where the Maveric owner say they blocked traffic to get better gas mileage coasting. " So Many Threads" Really?

I think most pay attention to the traffic around them. Driving "90 for an hour or so" I think your are the first to post something that nobody has done before, maybe there is a good reason why.

What gas mileage I get is what I get. It is not a competition.

Dr.Steve

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dr. Steve Bruhle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Towing 3 dirt bikes on a trailer over 400 miles was about 21.5MPG. Though normally I’m right at 40mpg.
2 dirt bikes in the bed at 80mph for 90 minutes and I get about 27-30mpg.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DreamWeaver21

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can not remember seeing a post on this forum where the Maveric owner say they blocked traffic to get better gas mileage coasting. " So Many Threads" Really?

What gas mileage I get is what I get. It is not a competition.
Fair enough; however, if you look around there are a lot of threads about MPGs, hypermiling, etc. Some of those do talk about trying to get up to speed without running the gas engine or trying various things to keep the gas engine from running. A few even admit that they feel that it bothers drivers behind them.

Towing uphill

20220513_163614.jpg
Definitely down from the norm and worse than what I saw. Curious what you were towing?

Since the OP lists location as Germany, 90 mph might not be much of an outlier.
Yeah, I should have said that this was on the autobahn in a non speed restricted zone with light traffic on a Sunday morning. I passed a decent number of people but a decent number of people passed me as well so there were plenty of people going faster than me.

Everyone knows the MPGs get worse starting around 60mph or so so I was curious how bad it could go.

I am still impressed that a fairly square vehicle can get 25-30mpg on the highway at that speed.

TonyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since the OP lists location as Germany, 90 mph might not be much of an outlier.
I completely missed that the OP was in Germany. Thank you for pointing it out.

19mustang65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fair enough; however, if you look around there are a lot of threads about MPGs, hypermiling, etc. Some of those do talk about trying to get up to speed without running the gas engine or trying various things to keep the gas engine from running. A few even admit that they feel that it bothers drivers behind them.

Definitely down from the norm and worse than what I saw. Curious what you were towing?

Yeah, I should have said that this was on the autobahn in a non speed restricted zone with light traffic on a Sunday morning. I passed a decent number of people but a decent number of people passed me as well so there were plenty of people going faster than me.

Everyone knows the MPGs get worse starting around 60mph or so so I was curious how bad it could go.

I am still impressed that a fairly square vehicle can get 25-30mpg on the highway at that speed.
This was a 1300lb camper with a few hundred pounds of stuff
Probably right at the 2k limit.
Got 65 mpgs downhill on the way back so it averaged well. That was with ac on max and very steep climb.

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2.1 mile trip to McDonalds this morning only got me 19.8 mpg with 0 miles electric. The truck was warm by the time I got there. It was still better milage than the Cadillac i traded in for the Maverick got.

Raymundo76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

IMG_20221030_090957326_HDR.jpg
Wow!! I'll give you an A+ for originality; never would have crossed my mind to do that. It is amazing that you did not get a ticket.
Sponsored