2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What is something you have bought for the truck that ended up being awful and just did not work as expected?
Sponsored

mavericktwc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bought some 3D printed cup holder liners - not even close to matching the orange XLT interior trim 🙄

OP
OP
Hardening2753

Hardening2753

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bought some 3D printed cup holder liners - not even close to matching the orange XLT interior trim 🙄
Pic? Hopefully it did not cost too much

BradGroux

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Website
msft.expert
Vehicle(s)
2023 F-150 XLT Powerboost
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The FITS accessory package is pretty cool, but a ripoff for $80.

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The FITS accessory package is pretty cool, but a ripoff for $80.
FITS is cool but unless you have a 200$ 3d printer and 3d modeling experience to expand the fits stuff it is kind of a rip off for 80 bucks a pop

Sponsored

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The rain deflectors that attach on the outside of the door frames with tape. They look like they should be on a full size truck, rear door deflectors are to long, Front door deflectors when mounted per directions, block your side view, when mounted high, don't line up with the trim from the side view mirror. Buy the deflectors that go in the window channels.

Greg_in_GA

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
I don't have my Maverick yet but I ordered the XLT lux package mainly to get the better seats.

It comes with heated seats, steering wheel, and wiper de-icer.

The problem is that I live in the Southeast where we rarely get any snow and are more likely to be using the cars AC 10 months of the year.

I have heated seats in a different car and the only time I have used them was to help keep a pizza warm on the way home.

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rain deflectors that attach on the outside of the door frames with tape. They look like they should be on a full size truck, rear door deflectors are to long, Front door deflectors when mounted per directions, block your side view, when mounted high, don't line up with the trim from the side view mirror. Buy the deflectors that go in the window channels.
I have these deflectors on since December. They fit and work great. Just take your time installing them.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Upgrade to get the full size spare tire was a waste of money but got it as part of the Co-Pilot 360 package. The full size tire is still smaller than the 4 tires on the truck...so even the manual suggest after a flat to immediately replace the "full size spare" ASAP. After changing a flat tire (a royal pain to get/crank the 'full size tire' from under the truck bed...god forbit having to replace it...I would have much preferred the "donut temporary" tire simply due to weight. I can live with the spare tire crank but on the side of a 2 lane road with a sloped right of way…added to the hassle. If I have another flat tire in a metro-area I'll call a wrecker service.

There is a video on this site showing a "spare tire" crank removal from underneath the truck bed. I've had 2 flats in last 20 yrs so not sweating it....all were just real low air pressure.

Last edited:

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
See spare tire removal video here:

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have these deflectors on since December. They fit and work great. Just take your time installing them.
I installed them correctly, but answering the question, I feel they are the worst accessory so far that I added to my Maverick.
Sponsored