Sponsored

Accessories already purchased for your Maverick?

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had to get an auto-dimming mirror and the stuff to install it. Came out to about $85 for the whole deal (Mirror, fuse tap kit). I went with just auto-dimming, no homelink, compass, temp, or camera display. Other than that, its the usual license plate frame and cover, key fob covers (silicone), planning on tinting the windows, and moving over my usb-to-wireless AndroidAuto/AppleCarPlay from the Mustang to the Maverick.
Are these fairly easy to install yourself? Would like to add one as well
Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are these fairly easy to install yourself? Would like to add one as well
In my case, I went with these:
Mirror: Gentex 50-GENK2AM($67)
Fuse Taps: Fuse Tap Kit ($10)

Ford uses standard mounts in most every vehicle, so it should be either releasing the clip or loosening a screw on the mirror to remove the old one, then slide on the new one. If it wobbles, use a piece of the foam that comes with the mirror to pad the mount so it gets a tighter fit.

From there, you tuck the wires behind the headliner, remove the a-pillar trim and run the wire down to the dash. Most every vehicle I've ever worked on has a hole somewhere around the bottom to drop the wires into the dash cavity. Then you just need to find a spot for the ground wire (most any bolt will do. You may need an o-ring connector but those are cheap at any parts store), and use the fuse tap to connect the power wire to an 'on while run' fuse circuit, and you're done.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury

Ford uses standard mounts in most every vehicle, so it should be either releasing the clip or loosening a screw on the mirror to remove the old one, then slide on the new one. If it wobbles, use a piece of the foam that comes with the mirror to pad the mount so it gets a tighter fit.

From there, you tuck the wires behind the headliner, remove the a-pillar trim and run the wire down to the dash. Most every vehicle I've ever worked on has a hole somewhere around the bottom to drop the wires into the dash cavity. Then you just need to find a spot for the ground wire (most any bolt will do. You may need an o-ring connector but those are cheap at any parts store), and use the fuse tap to connect the power wire to an 'on while run' fuse circuit, and you're done.
Never seen the fuse taps before. Pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

willdubbz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Great info! Are all mirror mounts universal? Was thinking about taking out my auto-dimming mirror from my current Nissan and putting a regular mirror in place. Then hopefully install my auto-dimming mirror in the Mav. Any thoughts on if this would work or not?

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have not purchased anything yet. There is probably a 40% chance I won't go thru with the purchase. Just too many uncertainties.

Sponsored

Ken_Ohki

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Looks like there is a fuse for a dimming rear view per the manual, unless it’s an error

Ford Maverick Accessories already purchased for your Maverick? E24DBB64-06DB-4AEA-AA5E-4FEDE68EE0C9

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks like there is a fuse for a dimming rear view per the manual, unless it’s an error

E24DBB64-06DB-4AEA-AA5E-4FEDE68EE0C9.jpeg
Great Find. Thanks for sharing.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I just keep hoping the included one will be auto dimmer when they hit full production.
You'd think for being the first 3 months of deliveries or some number that they just pulled out of the air, they would throw some minimal cost freebies in (like auto dim mirrors). I know, we can only dream at this point.

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great Find. Thanks for sharing.
In that case, I have a spare if mine doesn't have one when it arrives. Being a Lariat/First Edition, I think it should have one. But I also wonder if that may be a red herring like the headrest speakers in the Bronco (manual mentions headrests with audio cannot be removed from the seats, but nobody has gotten said headrests yet).

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great info! Are all mirror mounts universal? Was thinking about taking out my auto-dimming mirror from my current Nissan and putting a regular mirror in place. Then hopefully install my auto-dimming mirror in the Mav. Any thoughts on if this would work or not?
Not all are universal. Not sure about the Nissan, but some use custom mounts. I would check it and see if it looks like it could slide onto one of these

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I am looking for silver vinyl, something close to the FX4 color to fill in the “MAVERICK” on the tailgate. Should pop on the Alto Blue

RickA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Look at the dee zee tailgate assist

great add for the maverick or any truck