First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Alto Blue Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 Maverick windsheild wiper motor died yesterday and today I found out that there is a national backorder on the motor till Jan 29th. The dealership will be calling Ford on Monday to see if they can pull one from the production line. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Bummer. Do like the commercial and have a buddy pulling strings from the wipers to make them work.

AlsMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat FX4 w/4k Tow Build Date 12/5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bummer. Do like the commercial and have a buddy pulling strings from the wipers to make them work.
I actually know of a woman who did this. It was over 45 years ago when I was a kid. She was a single mom and couldn't to have her car fixed or replaced. She adapted.

FHFR3Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Used shoe laces in a pinch in my old VW when I was much younger LOL:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yikes...+1 on rainx for now.

I was once on I-94 in Minnesota with some friends during a snowstorm when his driver's side wiper blade fell apart. It must have looked ridiculous with him hanging out the window every couple minutes to wipe the windshield. Luckily traffic was slow...

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I second Rain-X regardless of the wiper motor! Their Rain-X repellency wipers are wonderful (applies rain-X when first installed) and then use rain-x windshield washer fluid and it helps maintain the coat.

I use my wipers sparingly (Probably dont see as much heavy rains as you do in FL).

FamousAmos

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2023 Maverick windsheild wiper motor died yesterday and today I found out that there is a national backorder on the motor till Jan 29th. The dealership will be calling Ford on Monday to see if they can pull one from the production line. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
Ask an British car owner about his Lucas windscreen wipers, and his first response will be RAIN-X!!!!!! It is amazing stuff. One warning I learned the hard way, don't use their FOG-X for inside the windshield: it doesn't work, and is a BITCH to remove.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Doesn't help you since you're under warranty, but for those in the future that may find this, a used one is $80 on eBay.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jpenn727

jpenn727

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Alto Blue Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Since your in FL no snow to worry about. I would put rain x on your windshield in case it rains you can still see okay till your new motor comes in.
That's my plan...picking some up this morning.

swtiming8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With all the rain we’ve seen in Florida you probably wore out the wiper motor.

swtiming8

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not put much chance in them taking production parts to help you out. Production doesn’t usually share with what’s theirs.