Sponsored

Will constrained items be available next year?

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was thinking about cancelling my lux pkg to get scheduled. While Looking into aftermarket heated seats I read where G.M. has stopped offering heated seats because of restraints. My question is will Ford follow suit in MY23 and not allow us to order them and other items even if we wait till MY23. It would piss me off if I stick to my Lux order and not get my truck this year and find out I can’t get it next model either. Will they offer CP 360 next year? You know the spray in liner is gone.
Sponsored

Dano

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB/AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Was thinking about cancelling my lux pkg to get scheduled. While Looking into aftermarket heated seats I read where G.M. has stopped offering heated seats because of restraints. My question is will Ford follow suit in MY23 and not allow us to order them and other items even if we wait till MY23. It would piss me off if I stick to my Lux order and not get my truck this year and find out I can’t get it next model either. Will they offer CP 360 next year? You know the spray in liner is gone.
🔮🔮🔮

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good questions, prolly very few answers for. I am ordering a XLT with Lux package only. I considered ordering a Lariat with nothing for about the same price but decided to hell with it. I want what I want and that is an XLT with LUX. If I cannot have that, again, to hell with it and I move on. I'm not married to a Maverick and certainly not Ford. Only to my wife of 47 years. :D :D

I'll tell ya, been around a long time and if something like heated seats cannot be made anymore or for the foreseeable future, then things must be getting a lot worse then they are saying because a heating blanket and a push button switch to run it sure as hell ain't rocket science here.

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There was some suggestion that SIBL would not be available on MY 2023, so anyone who has that option selected that gets rolled over would likely have to remove it to do so.

I doubt they will drop everything, but they might restrict some features to just the Lariat trim? Maybe Co-piolt 360?

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bob the Builder,

Take your electric blanket, add a rheostat and you might not need a chip for the heated seat. I am not so sure that my '12 Camry heated seat does not operate this way. I am a biologist, not a paid engineer, so maybe this is an example of a little knowledge being dangerous??? :unsure: :unsure:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Godzilla

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just think that the constraints won’t magically disappear in October. It will be same shit , different model year. So will we be getting our trucks with all the bells and whistles or will we have held out for nothing.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bob the Builder,

Take your electric blanket, add a rheostat and you might not need a chip for the heated seat. I am not so sure that my '12 Camry heated seat does not operate this way. I am a biologist, not a paid engineer, so maybe this is an example of a little knowledge being dangerous??? :unsure: :unsure:
Well, I may have oversimplified the situation just a tad for the sake of some sarcastic humour, LOL, but jeez Louise, heated seats? Seriously? I can see CP360, BLIS or back up warnings using up chips and causing some bottlenecks for sure but simple resistive heating elements and something to turn it on and off manually seems a bit over the top to me. I installed heated seats in my Ranger recovered from a totaled Caddy in a junkyard with a pushbutton and a relay.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well, I may have oversimplified the situation just a tad for the sake of some sarcastic humour, LOL, but jeez Louise, heated seats? Seriously? I can see CP360, BLIS or back up warnings using up chips and causing some bottlenecks for sure but simple resistive heating elements and something to turn it on and off manually seems a bit over the top to me. I installed heated seats in my Ranger recovered from a totaled Caddy in a junkyard with a pushbutton and a relay.
So, after you did that with the seats, I guess the Ranger rode like a "Caddie" and you thought you had moved up to the East Side??? Agree that it seems like the heated seats being a constraint is probably because of "over-design". There is some truth to the saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it... :)

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Constraints won’t magically disappear starting with MY23. New year, same problems.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So, after you did that with the seats, I guess the Ranger rode like a "Caddie" and you thought you had moved up to the East Side??? Agree that it seems like the heated seats being a constraint is probably because of "over-design". There is some truth to the saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it... :)
No, but my ass felt like I was in the CTS when it was -25F in January. :D :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

There is a lot of truth to that old saying. My Dad used to remind me of it all the time.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Constraints won’t magically disappear starting with MY23. New year, same problems.
Throw in Ford's allocation system and it's likely going to be a long year for alot of wannabe Maverick owners.

8211badger

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda fit
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Constraints def wont be going anywhere. I'm sure Ford will do as much as they can to cut back the options and try to optimize things but you can't predict everything that could end up slowing things down. Also being at the bottom of the totem pole means mav parts will get cannibalized first. Keeping the F150 line going is always the top priority. Along with the fact the capacity in hermosillo just isn't that high to begin with. Once we are through all this another facility will def be needed for the mav when it takes off.

Smooth_criminal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 ford f100, 2022 Ford Maverick ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost