Sponsored

So car was just totaled…will any mavs be available?

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
So some dude sideswiped my wife in our 2018 highlander….most likely will be totaled…..it looks like Mavs are almost all spoken for …

bad timing with this sh!t economy. Is that the correct situation….mavs are sold out…..will dealers be getting any?

Thanks….sorry for the rant.
Sponsored

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
A bunch of dealers do have some, even though they weren't supposed to, but they do. Ecoboost only.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealers are getting a few, check out fords website.

https://shop.ford.com/inventory/maverick/?gnav=header-trucks-si

but they will probably be marked up. Sorry to hear about your vehicle, 2018 highlander is just getting broken in. It might be worth your money to buy back the vehicle if they total it and get it fixed in todays market.

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know a couple dealers near me had one or two, but each one said that only one was a stocked mav and the others they had were customer orders that fell through. In every case they were sold withing a day of delivery to the dealer. It's worth calling around.

Blessedintx

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
A bunch of dealers do have some, even though they weren't supposed to, but they do. Ecoboost only.

Sorry to hear about your situation.
Those are supposedly ones "ordered but not purchased"

Sponsored

OperationReciprocity

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 AWD Eco FX4 XLT
I live in Eugene Oregon. The Maverick I wanted was sold the day before. I called over 20 dealers from Sacramento, Reno, Boise, northern California, all throughout Oregon and finally found my Cactus FX4 XLT an hour north of Portland (a 3 hr drive for me)
All depends how much work you want to put in. There's some on the lots. But not many.

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

but they will probably be marked up. Sorry to hear about your vehicle, 2018 highlander is just getting broken in. It might be worth your money to buy back the vehicle if they total it and get it fixed in todays market.
I will say the inventory on the ford website and the dealer website doesn't exactly match. Like the Ford website says there's several Maverick's available in my area when the dealer website shows none. I think why this happens is technically the dealer hasn't sold it yet but someone has a deposit on a unit so the dealer removed it from the dealer website. If the person backs out I suppose that unit will become available again. Just an observation I made while patiently waiting for mine to arrive.

OP
OP

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Guess I got really lucky! I wasn’t even looking for one, just spotted it on my way home from work at the local dealership. Pulled in, looked it over, test drove it, and bought it.!
Yes, I payed the markup, no I don’t regret it.
Ford Maverick So car was just totaled…will any mavs be available? 4A9C5900-5EC3-43D4-8771-8368FC90B99F

pnorwood54

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ALTO BLUE XTL AWD-4K-FX4-360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

i found one similar to my build on this site, and was allowed switch with my order (will be here any minute).
no mark up, both dealers in Chattanooga are no mark up.
you can also track these trucks (order# is on the window sticker at the bottom/4 dgits after the dash(-)
this site you can track with just the vin#
https://fordtracker.tech/

Sponsored

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Guess I got really lucky! I wasn’t even looking for one, just spotted it on my way home from work at the local dealership. Pulled in, looked it over, test drove it, and bought it.!
Yes, I payed the markup, no I don’t regret it.
4A9C5900-5EC3-43D4-8771-8368FC90B99F.jpeg
It's okay, I'm getting a dealer ordered one as well. I got a Cactus Grey one. Nice looking ride. I think right now the dealers have the advantage as far as the price goes. Crazy market. All things considered this truck seems affordable. If I was aware of the Maverick earlier in the year I would have ordered one for sure. It was the trim and had all the options I was looking for anyways. The only thing on there I wasn't planning on ordering was the copilot 360. But who knows maybe I'll be thankful I have that on there after using it.

Vitamin G

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in Eugene Oregon. The Maverick I wanted was sold the day before. I called over 20 dealers from Sacramento, Reno, Boise, northern California, all throughout Oregon and finally found my Cactus FX4 XLT an hour north of Portland (a 3 hr drive for me)
All depends how much work you want to put in. There's some on the lots. But not many.
Yeah all the dealer ordered ones in Alaska I believe are all spoken for.

mrjspence

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree, I did the same. I'm in S. Colorado... I have a hybrid AND an XLT EB on order. Tired of waiting... changed the address bar to search 500 mile radius. Looked everywhere from CA to MO... Called SO MANY CROOKED DEALERSHIPS. So many markups and complete BS. So many sold even though still listed, etc. Finally found one in transit a few hours away in New Mexico that checked all but one feature I wanted (4K Tow - which I don't even do) & dealer was an honest smaller local place, sold it to me at MSRP. Now just awaiting the delivery, they said within 2 weeks most likely. Hot pepper red w/ sunroof, fx4, sliding rear, lux pkg.

OP
OP

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
…it was like the guy pointed his car directly at ours and hit.every.single.panel. ugh. Not many rental cars out there either.

My wife at a stop in the traffic line, she has no idea where the guy came from. The offender was not given a ticket, but the cop said it was obvious who hit whom. The black car had all front bumper damage. This was 4 lanes (2 north, 2 southbound) and not an intersection.
He either blasted out of the gas station, or super aggressively changed lanes without looking….or lost control….who knows. The light had changed but the traffic in my wife’s lane hadn't started moving.

Thank you for all the comments and suggestions….

Ford Maverick So car was just totaled…will any mavs be available? BDAE0C1E-C5BA-455F-91EB-6596B8AC3C03

Last edited: