Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Hello,
Have any of you used anything else besides the Motorola WiFi Android Auto Play. $125 seems to be a little high just to use the stuff on your Android without having to plug the darn thing in......
$125 isn't really that much in the scheme of things but really
Sponsored

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bought mine for $89, but I'm going to be honest with you after using it for awhile I doubt I will use it much. It crushes the phone battery, even plugged in charging it cant keep up. For long trips I just plug it in to the wired system. Maybe its my phone dunno, but its something to know.

willie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus... ford f150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ma-1 works great...but for $89.00 Amazon or Target

brnpttmn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bought mine for $89, but I'm going to be honest with you after using it for awhile I doubt I will use it much. It crushes the phone battery, even plugged in charging it cant keep up. For long trips I just plug it in to the wired system. Maybe its my phone dunno, but its something to know.
I think it's probably phone-dependent, but the battery hit hasn't been too bad on my Pixel 6. I certainly don't notice in on short trips, and my charging can keep up/charge on longer drives. I find it worth the convenience of not having to plug in my phone right when I get in. I also like that, when charging, I can plug into the port at the back of the console so I don't have a tether coming from the front (getting tangled and blocking access to the storage areas).

OP
OP
Mrdon2022maverick

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrdon2022maverick

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's probably phone-dependent, but the battery hit hasn't been too bad on my Pixel 6. I certainly don't notice in on short trips, and my charging can keep up/charge on longer drives. I find it worth the convenience of not having to plug in my phone right when I get in. I also like that, when charging, I can plug into the port at the back of the console so I don't have a tether coming from the front (getting tangled and blocking access to the storage areas).
Thanks

wjg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Use the Motorola MA1 daily, works perfectly. Connects with in 15 seconds or so. Does not take much battery life off my phone. I would consider it one of my better purchases for the Maverick, and there have been plenty of them. 😁 ($89 purchase also)

OP
OP
Mrdon2022maverick

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Use the Motorola MA1 daily, works perfectly. Connects with in 15 seconds or so. Does not take much battery life off my phone. I would consider it one of my better purchases for the Maverick, and there have been plenty of them. 😁 ($89 purchase also)
Thanks

OP
OP
Mrdon2022maverick

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I see the benefits definitely...

OP
OP
Mrdon2022maverick

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's the AAWireless, but those are in about the same $90-100 ballpark and you need to wait a bit on fulfillment. Though it sounds like they're mostly caught up on production whereas they were months behind at the beginning of the year.

OP
OP
Mrdon2022maverick

Mrdon2022maverick

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's the AAWireless, but those are in about the same $90-100 ballpark and you need to wait a bit on fulfillment. Though it sounds like they're mostly caught up on production whereas they were months behind at the beginning of the year.
Yes, I've seen those too. MA1 are going for around $170-ish. None but third party on Amazon.
I'll keep looking. My truck probably won't be built until the end of the year or possibly next year.. :(

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The Motorola MA1 is much like the Maverick, hard to find. They are usually sold out at Target or Amazon; they go back in stock for a minute then sold out again.

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a fan of AA. With the Lariat Lux I get Sirius XM and have a subscription. Use it in the Mav and stream at home. If using AA it uses phone data so that's not the best. Also don't like when phone blue tooth is on there is NO audio coming from the phone. Would have been nice to have Sirius in radio while navigation on the phone in a cradle. Without turn by turn navigation is not as good. I solved that by taking a second phone without blue tooth for navigation with turn by turn. Kind of a waste of a phone, but still better than unlimited data for our three lines.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have bought 2 Motorola MA1's from Amazon at different times. Both $89. I have an Ottocast I purchased in December that fulfillment keeps getting delayed. Don't know if I ever will get that.

I have taken virtually zero hit on my battery for LG V60 using the MA1. Half the time I use the wireless charging mat. But if I pick up my phone for something, I usually then throw it on the passenger seat and not back on the mat. I love being wireless for Android Auto. Never want to go back.
Sponsored