Sponsored

Android Auto stopped Auto play when started

Dave49

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Dave
Joined
Jul 19, 2023
Threads
2
Messages
14
Reaction score
51
Location
Saint Louis MO
Vehicle(s)
2005 Sports Trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Android Auto has suddenly stopped auto play when connecting with USB, instead my preferred station show up and I have to manually start it. My phone app has the auto play turned on. I can find nothing in the trucks setting that would override it. I have unpaired and repaired the phone and it didn't change.
Sponsored

 

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 29, 2021
Threads
8
Messages
600
Reaction score
989
Location
MI
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You need to adjust your Android Auto settings on your device.
 

El Kabong

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 1, 2026
Threads
15
Messages
449
Reaction score
914
Location
Carnation, WA
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid AWD, 2017 VW Golf Wolfsburg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My '26 (so Sync 4) with a Google Pixel 6 Pro either wired or wirelessly will decide when it wants to auto-play and when not, it does not care what I set, nor whether my music was playing or not when I shut off the vehicle.

I blame the A.I.s for it.

Edit: try rebooting the unit in the car.
Sponsored

 
 







Top