First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't believe Intelligent Access has anything to do with the Door Keypad.

Also, with the key INSIDE the truck, Intelligent Access will not work. The truck disables it, otherwise a carjacker could just open your door with you inside.

Seems like a fluke. Was the Keypad lighting up when pressing the buttons? Did you try pressing the last 2 at the same time to lock the truck, then try unlocking?
I always wondered about that. Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The keypad was lighting but could not lock the truck using the keypad by pressing the bottom 2 numbers or with code. I've used keypads of Fords for years so I know how they work.

I was surprised that resetting Intelligent Access fixed the keypad, but it did. Must be tied electronically somehow.

shrek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat Lux FX4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I can't take it any longer.......Cellular (modem to modem) is not Internet. The Ford Pass app uses your phone's cellular modem to connect to Ford's modem and Ford's modem connects to your vehicle's modem. It has nothing to do with the Internet, wifi, AOL etc!
If you think that; I have a cell spot for you to access. LOL. It is ALL connected to the interwebz. Trust me. FORD is spying on you and how you drive.

I traded in my 2018 Ford Escape on my Wifes 2020 Edge. I still get notifications in email from the car. Glad it is still doing good. But they should have severed my connection Years ago. But I still have control to start and Unlock it. Really? I could be an ass. But I just know how I would feel seeing my car unlocked and or running. So I do not do it. Hell I "Could" steal it as I found a FOB that I had added to the car. THe app tells me where it is. I WILL NOT EVER add another FORD Connected car to the Interwebz. I didn't do it with my 2020 Edge and Will not with this Maverick.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you think that; I have a cell spot for you to access. LOL. It is ALL connected to the interwebz. Trust me. FORD is spying on you and how you drive.

I traded in my 2018 Ford Escape on my Wifes 2020 Edge. I still get notifications in email from the car. Glad it is still doing good. But they should have severed my connection Years ago. But I still have control to start and Unlock it. Really? I could be an ass. But I just know how I would feel seeing my car unlocked and or running. So I do not do it. Hell I "Could" steal it as I found a FOB that I had added to the car. THe app tells me where it is. I WILL NOT EVER add another FORD Connected car to the Interwebz. I didn't do it with my 2020 Edge and Will not with this Maverick.
The person who bought your old car is not very smart. Any time you buy a used car you need to go into "Settings" and do a "Master Reset". The former owner will have no access to the vehicle.

shrek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The person who bought your old car is not very smart. Any time you buy a used car you need to go into "Settings" and do a "Master Reset". The former owner will have no access to the vehicle.
Guess they are not very smart...... Southern IL. I think it was an older couple. Again; I will NEVER mess with them. But many are not like me. I kinda think Karma is a thing........ I have a decent life now.

Sponsored

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used to do that exact thing with my 19 F150 with intelligent access. Between the keypad and the app. I never had an issue. It’s why I paid the $195 for the keypad on my Lariat. Always like having a Ford keypad.
The keypad was included in the ‘23 package I ordered, but dropped (without compensation) when the order was moved into the ‘24 model year.

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No problems using this feature on XLT. Don't expect any in the future.
Keypad is my FAVORITE Ford unique feature.

todd92

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 (2), Edge ST, Edge Titanium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Works fine on my Maverick, as it does on both Edges and the F-150. All have Intelligent Access. I'll continue to use it worry free.

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can definitely lock your keys. In a 22 Maverick and open it with the keypad. My wife went to the dogpark and accidentally locked her purse in the truck without taking the key (truck is 30ft away from fence and maybe 100 ft away at any time. She had to borrow a cell phone and get the pad number from me to open the truck.

shrek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you want to leave your key in the ignition and lock the doors, just close the door (Without locking from the inside) close the door, and hit the 7-8 and 9-0 at the same time. Works on EVERY ford since 1989. I do this when I stop at my gas station to get whatever from inside and leave the vehicle running.

Love the keypad.
Sponsored