First Name
Avi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick laroat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Out of those pictures, the only one that makes me wince... is the Sand. I am curious as to how well it did there? Some places with deeper sand would concern me.

It is awesome that it holds up and is rugged enough to perform this well. It also makes me feel better about the ability of an FX4 package.
So actually all I’ve really done is sand. And plenty of deep sugar sand and this thing does flawlessly even on the Stock Pirelli Scorpions. I’m about to get a set of Yokohama Geolander Mud terrains for it in stock size, 225/65/17

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Trip to Big Bend Nat'l Park. Old Ore Road

DSC_6781 sm.jpg
Im considering going that way on our pick up trip. Once we pick it up in Granger we are gonna go visit my dad im McAllen TX and are thinking about going along the border-ish up to Carlsbad caverns. Big Bend park seemed logical for our Tremor. Any reccomendations up there?

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ROTFL. Back in the day (50 years ago), I did pretty much every photo in here in my VW Bus. I guess my VW bus was a hardcore off roader too.

Sponsored

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
ROTFL. Back in the day (50 years ago), I did pretty much every photo in here in my VW Bus. I guess my VW bus was a hardcore off roader too.
I mean I don’t remember anybody mentioning “hardcore off-roading” in any of the posts here, but good on you with the vw bus I guess, I mean Those did have a pretty good amount of ground clearance for what they were…. I’m just glad people are actually at least getting off pavement with the maverick and not of the mindset like some people, that it will immediately explode if it so much as touches any type of dirt road

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Which AWD/4WD bus was that? 😉

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Im considering going that way on our pick up trip. Once we pick it up in Granger we are gonna go visit my dad im McAllen TX and are thinking about going along the border-ish up to Carlsbad caverns. Big Bend park seemed logical for our Tremor. Any reccomendations up there?
Try Old Ore Road five miles into Ernst Tinajs Trail. l
Less than 2 mile hike and nice rock formations. Also Grapevine Hills trail for 6 miles gets you th\o Balanced Rock Trail. Beautiful flattish trail with 1/4 mile rock scramble at the end. Lots of othe hikes, both easy and very hard.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Actually a early bus is nearly the same thing a 2wd jeep. Ground clearance, app/dep/breakover angles are probably as good as the Tremor. And rwd VWs have perfect traction weight.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Try Old Ore Road five miles into Ernst Tinajs Trail. l
Less than 2 mile hike and nice rock formations. Also Grapevine Hills trail for 6 miles gets you th\o Balanced Rock Trail. Beautiful flattish trail with 1/4 mile rock scramble at the end. Lots of othe hikes, both easy and very hard.
Nice. I will look em up. Thanks.

Sponsored

Dignam

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT FX4/Tow/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Compared to the Jeep XJs and TJs I've owned, I haven't really off roaded the Mav in the same manner as those. The XJ I beat the crap out out (once I fried the alternator driving through a pond with water splashing over the windshield; that was the only casualty!).

Sorta apples/oranges, but I've taken the Mav on some snowy and muddy forest roads. It did just fine, but I haven't really pushed it yet.

RichH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Ford Maverick Lariat/Lux
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know nobody cares what the manual says until something happens to their truck and Ford won't cover it under warranty, but the manual says the non-FX4 (and presumably Tremor) AWD system is not intend for off-road use and might result in damage which is not covered under warranty.
After offroading my Jeep TJ, I would agree here and I don't need to hassle to fight Ford if I did take mine offroad and damaged something.
Sponsored