Sponsored

Who would prefer a 2dr, extended cab, with 5ft bed ?

DesertSweat

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat, Honda HR-V 6spd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nope, I want 4 doors. I'll take a slightly shorter bed.
Sponsored

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For our needs no as the Ford folks have provided us with the right rig at the right time. Retired couple, have had many full-size pickups in the past, not needed now. Mav can haul another couple when needed, toss a few odd size or bulky items in the 4.5 bed when needed and go. Garageable! Short bed lift height✔! Good potential gas mileage with both engine choices........ yes and thank you. ✔🇺🇸

NDL

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Considering I'll almost never use my backseat for passengers, I would.
I'm hoping the back seats will fold really flat, as that would make better cargo space.

I remember when I got my F150, I told the dealer, those back seats are getting ripped out and gotten rid of in the first week. They looked me like I was crazy. But 13 years later, I never regretted it. Their probably hasn't been 3 or 4 X's when I needed back seats and didn't have them. And personally speaking, I've never gone without a seat. Mine is always on the front left 🙂👍

Oh... So why did I get a Supercab then ? Because I got a steal of a deal on it ! That was during a major gas crunch in 08' and they couldn't sell personal trucks to save their lives ! My 08' F150 had a window sticker of $31k... I got it for $23k. They didn't even smile when they sold it. It was like, here's your truck, now gtfo 😃 lol
So the crazy stereo system was kind of an afterthought. I was like, well now I got all this extra space, what else am I supposed to do with It ?
I mean absolutely no disrespect, and I too, have posted my own threads and thoughts about the Maverick's features, but this thread I do not understand: I am not being snarky or ugly, but the Maverick is configured as it's configured; Ford's not changing it.

Yeah, I too would rather have a two door Maverick with a longer bed, but they're not putting that out there.

bobtheslob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Escape Titanium, 17 Flex Base
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Going back to we usually see only one person in a truck going down the road...on the other hand not counting commercial use I rarely see a private P/U going down the road with a load in it's bed. Just sayin...

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
For quite
Going back to we usually see only one person in a truck going down the road...on the other hand not counting commercial use I rarely see a private P/U going down the road with a load in it's bed. Just sayin...
A few years you might not have seen a load in my bed... In fact, I have a fiberglass bed cover. But you would have seen my boat being pulled by it often. For more than 10 years, I fished 140 full days a year. Granted, my boat was light enough, the Maverick could have pulled it. My F150 was definitely overkill.

Sponsored

bobtheslob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Escape Titanium, 17 Flex Base
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Overkill is better than underkill. Your F150 will last for ever compared to towing a small boat with a 4 cyl. SUV. I wouldn't care if someone chose to drive a Greyhound bus 5 miles to work each day. I once picked a my new Kawasaki Mule side x side with my Kenworth and 50 lowbed trailer.:cool:

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Overkill is better than underkill. Your F150 will last for ever compared to towing a small boat with a 4 cyl. SUV. I wouldn't care if someone chose to drive a Greyhound bus 5 miles to work each day. I once picked a my new Kawasaki Mule side x side with my Kenworth and 50 lowbed trailer.:cool:
I agree. I know their is a lot of truth to that. I just can't afford to drive the F150, especially since most of my fishing trips will involve a 100 mile or more, round trip.

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I mean absolutely no disrespect, and I too, have posted my own threads and thoughts about the Maverick's features, but this thread I do not understand: I am not being snarky or ugly, but the Maverick is configured as it's configured; Ford's not changing it.

Yeah, I too would rather have a two door Maverick with a longer bed, but they're not putting that out there.
Just the fact you would like to see it too, means I wouldn't take your post as snarky. Unfortunately, I know your right. Their are several strong reasons why the Maverick is extremely unlikely to ever be made as a regular, or extended cab ☹

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie

So what vehicle was available in a Pick-up, 2-door sedan, 4-door sedan, Station Wagon & Sedan Delivery? Why a Ford of course, on top of that, it was unitized construction. At my age, I've known better to never say never, history has been known to repeat itself.:giggle::coffee:
Sponsored

Last edited: