Sponsored

Anyone think there may be an extended cab, larger bed option in the future?

MikeyDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 GT500
Engine
Undecided
I still see a lot of older Rangers tooling around with extended cabs and longer beds. I think there is a market for these. Might Ford have one coming?
Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I could see them making the bed 4.8 or 5 feet but probably nothing longer than that.

r8drskullz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Douglas J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still see a lot of older Rangers tooling around with extended cabs and longer beds. I think there is a market for these. Might Ford have one coming?
That will take away why the Maverick was promoted as a small truck, not only that it fits perfect in my garage. I am more than satisfied with XLT Hybrid.

Last edited:

JazzReptyl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mazda B3000 cab plus 4x4 MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrid with six foot bed and Super Cab is what I dream for. Here's a friend's Mav in comparison to my 1996 Mazda. Not much different in size. My Mazda fits in the garage and I've camped in the bed.

Ford Maverick Anyone think there may be an extended cab, larger bed option in the future? 734

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't see Ford investing 10's of Millions in development costs, Think design, NVH testing, prototype manufacture, emission testing, FE testing. There is much more.
For what a few thousand Mavericks (maybe) when Ford is having hard time meeting demand now??

Rivers90

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor, Xterra, Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Being unibody with no frame making it longer would take more of a total redesign of the supporting structure. If there was a frame would be much easier to add a longer length.
The longer the truck is the greater the internal forces in the middle of the truck are trying to bend it.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Being unibody with no frame making it longer would take more of a total redesign of the supporting structure. If there was a frame would be much easier to add a longer length.
The longer the truck is the greater the internal forces in the middle of the truck are trying to bend it.
Agree, if you need the bigger box that it to a custom fab shop spend your own 20K on the mod. Then you will really have a unicorn.....

Sponsored

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nope.

ejgroth2620

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could see them making the bed 4.8 or 5 feet but probably nothing longer than that.
Ford probably won't make any changes which eats into sales of the Ranger. The expectation is if you need more capacity, you'll step up and buy the Ranger. Or maybe the Ford Ranchero will be brought to market as the go-between.

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a Chance

Grabber Rick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Focus wagon 06 Silverado 4x4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All they would have to do is make it like the Chevy Avalanche. A Fold down rear panel. This would keep the truck the same size. When you need to haul something longer just fold seat down then fold the front of bed and window down. 4.5 bed to about a 6 foot. with the tailgate down total of 8 feet. The front portion would be a little narrower and less height but still usable length. You would also maintain the roof for the rigidity needed for strength.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd love a regular cab long bed Maverick, but this Taxi style is the only cab Ford will make on the Maverick.
Sponsored