Sponsored

Who would prefer a 2dr, extended cab, with 5ft bed ?

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Considering I'll almost never use my backseat for passengers, I would.
I'm hoping the back seats will fold really flat, as that would make better cargo space.

I remember when I got my F150, I told the dealer, those back seats are getting ripped out and gotten rid of in the first week. They looked me like I was crazy. But 13 years later, I never regretted it. Their probably hasn't been 3 or 4 X's when I needed back seats and didn't have them. And personally speaking, I've never gone without a seat. Mine is always on the front left 🙂👍

Oh... So why did I get a Supercab then ? Because I got a steal of a deal on it ! That was during a major gas crunch in 08' and they couldn't sell personal trucks to save their lives ! My 08' F150 had a window sticker of $31k... I got it for $23k. They didn't even smile when they sold it. It was like, here's your truck, now gtfo 😃 lol
So the crazy stereo system was kind of an afterthought. I was like, well now I got all this extra space, what else am I supposed to do with It ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I look at anticipated useage and future re-sale. Based on those the 4 door and 4.5 bed are ideal for me.
I've never bought a vehicle, and expected to sell it before it was ready for the wrecking yard 😃 lol
I get em' new, and drive the wheels off of them until their dead ! I've worn out about 5 cars from new, in my close to 40 years of driving. I think I'm well over 1 million miles now.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Nope. Got a family of four and there is no way I would ever buy a two door truck.

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Nope. Got a family of four and there is no way I would ever buy a two door truck.
Well my F150 is technically a 4 door... Just smaller rear doors without an exterior handle. I think the back seats were okay for most women and children, but I'm the only kid that gets in my truck 👍

Sponsored

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
I think a 2 door extended cab version would be great and would actually provide closer to 5.5' in closed gate room. I buy a truck to haul things, if I want room for people, I'll take my Wife's Outback. I recently checked out a new Ranger Ext. Cab and that 6' box looked awfully nice....;)

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Honestly you guys are in the minority and Ford knows this that's why the Mav is a 4 door not a 2 door.

For example I own a retail garden center and we sell bulk material by the cubic yard. Items like mulch, top soil , ect. were the customer can come in with their truck and we load the bed up with whatever they paid for. The vast majority of trucks we load are 4 door. I would go so far as to say that 95% are 4 door. Not that half door with the jump seats in the back but full 4 functioning doors with normal sized back seats.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into an argument about it but from my limited experience and Fords vastly more experience tells me that if they thought a 2 door would sell that's what they would have made but they didn't.

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
I think a 2 door extended cab version would be great and would actually provide closer to 5.5' in closed gate room. I buy a truck to haul things, if I want room for people, I'll take my Wife's Outback. I recently checked out a new Ranger Ext. Cab and that 6' box looked awfully nice....;)
Yea, if only they made a hybrid version, right ? 🙂

OP
OP

Fish Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius LE, Ford F150
Honestly you guys are in the minority and Ford knows this that's why the Mav is a 4 door not a 2 door.

For example I own a retail garden center and we sell bulk material by the cubic yard. Items like mulch, top soil , ect. were the customer can come in with their truck and we load the bed up with whatever they paid for. The vast majority of trucks we load are 4 door. I would go so far as to say that 95% are 4 door. Not that half door with the jump seats in the back but full 4 functioning doors with normal sized back seats.

Anyway, I'm not going to get into an argument about it but from my limited experience and Fords vastly more experience tells me that if they thought a 2 door would sell that's what they would have made but they didn't.
You could be right....
However, the vast majority of the 4dr trucks I see on the road, only have 1 person in them. Not saying that once in a while they don't have someone in the backseats, but it's the exception to the rule.

Sponsored

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You could be right....
However, the vast majority of the 4dr trucks I see on the road, only have 1 person in them. Not saying that once in a while they don't have someone in the backseats, but it's the exception to the rule.
I plan on using this as my daily commuter to work (45 miles each way), but its also going to be my families (3 of us) vacation/travel vehicle to tow a small teardrop camper. I also do cabinet/furniture installs on the side, so I need to be able to haul 3 guys around occasionally too. So yea, most of the time it will only be me in the truck, but I do need the 4 doors occasionally and a jumper seat cab would not work for children's car seats.

slashy42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
You could be right....
I have someone in my back seat for the first 5 and last 5 minutes of my 45 minute commute, but it's a very important 5 minutes as it's when my daughter is in my vehicle. She's to young to sit up front. Also I need the vehicle on weekends and at other times when my family is with me. Sadly I can't afford multiple vehicles, so despite the fact that most of my time in it, I'm alone, I still must have the extra seats.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I recently checked out a new Ranger Ext. Cab and that 6' box looked awfully nice....;)
Heck, I'd be all-in for a Ranger Ext cab with the 5' box. Would come in right at 200" OAL, and for this old guy, have all the capability I would need.

I'd like to see what would happen to Super Duty sales if the Regular and SuperCab models were eliminated,,,,,

HRG

sdr.speng

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No, I prefer the crew cab with the 5' flex bed. If you want/need a bigger truck, then there are tons of other options out there. If you don't need the back seat - then raise the folding rear seat and use the space as a rain protecting area or storage bin. The market for this truck is people who usually drive cars and didn't think they needed a truck bed, but always wanted one.

TMFord

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No.
Sponsored