Sponsored

Anyone think there may be an extended cab, larger bed option in the future?

JazzReptyl

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Mazda B3000 cab plus 4x4 MT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The thing is I don't need a vehicle with more than 2 seats and I like the Maverick's hybrid system, so unless someone does a hybrid, fuel efficient version of another truck, the Maverick is what's available. I don't want or need anything bigger or with 4 seats. I'd like it to be the same wheel base with less cab and more bed, however that would work out.

I realize they're building what sells, but if you don't build it you can only guess at the sales figures.

OP stated that there's lots of old small, extra cab, 6 ft. bed trucks still out there so they did sell well in the past.
Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

100% no.

EPA fuel economy rules are based upon wheelbase and track, so anything that changes that is in effect a completely different vehicle for government regulations.

The Feds want you out of private transportation vehicles, but barring that, want to force you into electric vehicles. What the end consumer wants is of little interest to them.
If we're designing it I wouldn't touch the wheelbase . Just shift passenger and cargo areas. Ideally next model will come with a removable rear seat cushion and a fold down bulkhead, depending on how much people like it in the cybertruck.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The thing is I don't need a vehicle with more than 2 seats and I like the Maverick's hybrid system, so unless someone does a hybrid, fuel efficient version of another truck, the Maverick is what's available. I don't want or need anything bigger or with 4 seats. I'd like it to be the same wheel base with less cab and more bed, however that would work out.

I realize they're building what sells, but if you don't build it you can only guess at the sales figures.

OP stated that there's lots of old small, extra cab, 6 ft. bed trucks still out there so they did sell well in the past.
And still being used because they are what they need.

Gray Goose

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Terrain Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Old small trucks did not have a crew cab option. Only regular or extended cab. I had a 1996 Ranger extended cab that I would have bought crew cab if one was available. Really liked that truck, but traded for a 2001 Sport Trac when the family grew.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nope. No financial reason for that to exist. Ford knows trucks are predominantly lifestyle vehicles these days.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Nope.