Wheel spacers for Maverick??

Hyim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Sonic Silver
Your talking bout a 15-20 mm spacer. You won’t feel any difference. Is there affect probably. We can go back and forth forever, people swear by spacers, people swear against spacers. In this situation is about aesthetics.
15-20mm spacers make a big difference in handling. I’m talking about cornering, it’s night and day if you’re quick enough. You ain’t going to feel anything doing a normal traffic turn. Putting more than 5mm spacers only on rear will just cause more under steer. If that ain’t a problem then by all means, go for it. If aesthetics are your only concern then you do you. Just laying the facts out. I personally never go over 5mm in spacers.. if I need more then 5mm… just means i don’t got the right rims.

Hyim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Sonic Silver
I put 20mm spacers on just the rear and my fronts still stick out ~1/8" more than the rear. For whatever reason, Ford has the front track width wider than the rear from stock and the body tapers wider towards the back making it appear even more dramatic.

Although my reasoning for the spacers was purely cosmetic, the truck drives and handles just fine. I've not observed any adverse affects from the spacers.
I would assume because the Maverick is FWD mainly. If you go into your cluster info screen and check out the AWD torque split, you’ll notice this vehicle is heavily FWD, until you change your drive modes. Understeer is more safe from a factory build point of view then oversteering, so makes sense that the front track width is wider then the rear. Especially since the vehicle was intended as a light payload pickup for the city.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you explain?
A hubcentric spacer has the inner opening closely matched to the diameter of the vehicle's hub protrusion to center it. Otherwise especially with spacers slotted to accommodate multiple lug spacing sizes they can end up off-center and cause an imbalance.

Sponsored

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
15-20mm spacers make a big difference in handling. I’m talking about cornering, it’s night and day if you’re quick enough. You ain’t going to feel anything doing a normal traffic turn. Putting more than 5mm spacers only on rear will just cause more under steer. If that ain’t a problem then by all means, go for it. If aesthetics are your only concern then you do you. Just laying the facts out. I personally never go over 5mm in spacers.. if I need more then 5mm… just means i don’t got the right rims.
Again your beating a dead horse. Will it affect handling a bit? Maybe but then again this is a pickup and not a race car.
And the track width on this truck is already way wider up front, ford said in its earliest vids on the development of the maverick this was done for esthetics to make it look wider/bigger then it is.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A hubcentric spacer has the inner opening closely matched to the diameter of the vehicle's hub protrusion to center it. Otherwise especially with spacers slotted to accommodate multiple lug spacing sizes they can end up off-center and cause an imbalance.
Pretty much sums it up, hub centric makes everything line up perfect, no out of balance issues and very reliable compared to slotted spacers or spacers that use lug nuts only to center.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Seems like we’d be better finding a wheel set up that’s 7” wide with +37-40 offset upfront and a rear wheel with that’s 8” wide with a +20 offset.

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 25mm spacers all around on my Mustang for 2 years now, and didn’t change anything. Still drive like it’s on rails

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put 20mm spacers on just the rear and my fronts still stick out ~1/8" more than the rear. For whatever reason, Ford has the front track width wider than the rear from stock and the body tapers wider towards the back making it appear even more dramatic.

Although my reasoning for the spacers was purely cosmetic, the truck drives and handles just fine. I've not observed any adverse affects from the spacers.
Which spacers did you use? I am having trouble finding the right set.

Sponsored
OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Who makes the hub centric spacers for Maverick wheel pattern?

villageidiot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many many in the past, none currently
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have 25mm spacers all around on my Mustang for 2 years now, and didn’t change anything. Still drive like it’s on rails
because you did it to all 4 corners, so the effective geometry is the same.

doing it to just the rear will change geometry like Ackerman angle and stuff like that. I’m kinda removed from being balls deep in suspension geometry, but it does change the driving characteristic, that is, if you’re a good enough driver to notice………. Most arent.

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Can you attach a link for your spacers?

OP
OP
felsf50

felsf50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick