First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I mean you can plug ur phone into the truck and use ur radio providers via apps...
You definitely can, and I personally don't like satellite radio. I might change my mind once it is in my vehicle, but I don't have any intention of paying for it.
Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Not that I'll miss it but my current daily is almost 30years old so adding oil, opening door at drive troughs..... I mean when u go from cassette player to touch screen what do you actually miss? 😆 🤣 😂.

OP
OP

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not that I'll miss it but my current daily is almost 30years old so adding oil, opening door at drive troughs..... I mean when u go from cassette player to touch screen what do you actually miss? 😆 🤣 😂.
That is quite the upgrade!
Sounds like it's time

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a little bummed about the Maverick not having push button start like my car does, without getting the Lariat anyway. It would have been nice if that was at least an option that could be added to the XL/XLT.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm a little bummed about the Maverick not having push button start like my car does, without getting the Lariat anyway. It would have been nice if that was at least an option that could be added to the XL/XLT.
The features available at each trim level are pretty frustrating to me as well. I definitely wouldn't have paid for a rear window for instance if it didn't come with the other features I definitely wanted.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing because my 04 Ranger Supercab XLT is plain jane. Even though with 4WD and towing capacity, I have hardly used any of them over the past 17 years but have used a lot more gas than my future Maverick. Look forward to having passengers in the rear cab.

Firedon

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
I had a test drive of the maverick today. I drive a pacific and Camry. ride in a rav4 frequently. The maverick felt closest to the Camry to me. not in seating position but in how compact it felt. i was expecting it to be slightly bigger in the inside.

ill be missing the power seats, auto-dim mirrors, importantly the inside room of my pacific. The back seat is more cramped than I expected. But that comes with trucks in general.

Randy H.

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick & Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was really hoping to have built-in nav, even if the system leaves something to be desired. I don't like having to keep my phone plugged in and charging to use Carplay. And as I've discovered, some areas still are without decent coverage when I go on long journeys....maps don't work so well when the mobile reception goes away.
Download the HERE WeGo navigation app. Works great with CarPlay and it’s the only app that lets you download maps for an entire state(s) or full countries that work fully in offline mode.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am pretty happy with my android auto on my subaru.
The biggest problem is having to use a high quality USB cable.
I have ordered a wireless android auto adapter that I hope means I won't ever have to plug my phone into anything in the future.
Homelink was an easy workaround in my cute ute, found a very convenient place to velcro the remote.

HOWEVER wireless aa has been on my "I need this" list for a year, looks like I'll need 2 of your Carsifi, when they start shipping .

Thanks (y)

Here's the link for anyone interested.
https://carsifi.com/products/carsifi-wireless-android-auto-head-unit-adapter

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Homelink was an easy workaround in my cute ute, found a very convenient place to velcro the remote.

HOWEVER wireless aa has been on my "I need this" list for a year, looks like I'll need 2 of your Carsifi, when they start shipping .

Thanks (y)

Here's the link for anyone interested.
https://carsifi.com/products/carsifi-wireless-android-auto-head-unit-adapter
I bought the AAWireless
Not sure what the differences between the two are, and I'm sure there are other options on the market as well.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The only option that I will miss is rear defroster. Although having a heated garage helps to compensate a little...;)

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm hoping the B&O amp will power anything I hook up to it, but if it doesn't I'll appreciate having the wiring done already.
That was my plan initially. But, again, I prefer cloth. As for wiring, I get what you're saying, but at least the 12V battery is right there near the amp (no firewall penetration), at least on the hybrid.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How about a stinkin hood liner for one. The rest can be attributed to options. But a 20 dollar felt hood liner.
Come on Ford

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was really hoping to have built-in nav, even if the system leaves something to be desired. I don't like having to keep my phone plugged in and charging to use Carplay. And as I've discovered, some areas still are without decent coverage when I go on long journeys....maps don't work so well when the mobile reception goes away.
Built-in nav systems are never up-to-date. Cell phone systems don't use GPS. So, you are at the fork in the road in the middle of nowhere and no cell service you toss a coin.
Sponsored