Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see so many comments on the orange accents. Why are people afraid of a little color? Am I the only one that’s tired of gray, black and beige?
Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I see so many comments on the orange accents. Why are people afraid of a little color? Am I the only one that’s tired of gray, black and beige?
Also, it seems as though at least the 2 main pieces in the console will be removable...an easy swap with the XL parts or aftermarket.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was turned off by them in a RAV4 Adventure a while back. They look a bit juvenile or a bit like the orange bits they put on toy guns to identify them as toys.

motoretro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subie
not helpful from Ford's perspective of selling higher trim levels and adding options. Aftermarket accessories are probably not at the top of Ford's priorities list when designing to get a vehicle from concept to retail.
While I agree, if it wasn't for companies like Rastra, IMO, Ford would be losing a lot of XL sales due to not offering CC as standard or as a option. Years ago I think the manufacturers blew off the aftermarket, they now seem to realize the profits in accessories rather than just giving it away. If Ford is thinking, they will offer CC on the XL as a dealer installed accessory for say $500, people will line up to grab this and while this is more expensive than a aftermarket item, it will be covered under the factory warranty and delivered with the vehicle. Huge profit cow for Ford.

Last edited:

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
We won't know until they're delivered

Most people with the XL are getting the Copilot 360 package because it comes with the power mirrors too
I thought this was corrected....that the 360 package will still have “manual” mirrors on the XL?
The Ford dealership video I saw, he mentioned that it was assumed since the mirror will have the blind spot monitoring that the mirror will have electric going to it, but he said.....the electric is only for the warning light and not moving the mirror.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ronaldo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 bronco, 67 conv Mustang, 93 RX7 R1
If some people have orange phobia There is a product plasi dip it comes in many colors so if you want to be boring buy the grey and get wild. I like the orange bout the XL is all grey.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
I thought this was corrected....that the 360 package will still have “manual” mirrors on the XL?
The Ford dealership video I saw, he mentioned that it was assumed since the mirror will have the blind spot monitoring that the mirror will have electric going to it, but he said.....the electric is only for the warning light and not moving the mirror.

Thanks.
It has been shown on an order sheet the 360 copilot xl does indeed get power windows.

Deleted member 1157

What I like least about the Maverick is the synthetic leather seats. I wish the Lariat package offered the cloth seats as an option. I would be willing to pay an additional $1,500 for cloth seats in the Lariat.

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
It has been shown on an order sheet the 360 copilot xl does indeed get power windows.
I think you meant power mirrors? Do you have a link to the order sheet? Thanks.

Pairof98s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2020 4Runner
What I like least about the Maverick is the synthetic leather seats. I wish the Lariat package offered the cloth seats as an option. I would be willing to pay an additional $1,500 for cloth seats in the Lariat.
I was reluctant to go with the synthetic leather seats when buying my 4Runner SR5 Premium last year, but as it turns out, I actually am enjoying the material and have no regrets. Long term, it may hold up better than the real thing.

Sponsored

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was reluctant to go with the synthetic leather seats when buying my 4Runner SR5 Premium last year, but as it turns out, I actually am enjoying the material and have no regrets. Long term, it may hold up better than the real thing.
Does your 4Runner have active-x material or is it another type of faux leather?

jim

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 mustang, 13 f-150
I bet Ford brings out a hybrid+AWD option in a 2-3 years. This is probably just to reduce complexity for initial production.
I'm guessing an all Electric version within four years. Safe bet that it's already designed.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
3.) Where are the Roof Rails?
The only other pickup that has a roof rack as an option is the Tacoma. The Frontier had one, but I believe it was canned when the 3.8L engine debuted. They aren't popular items on pickup trucks for pretty obvious reasons (having a bed being one).

Too small bed.
What do you plan on hauling, and how often? I think the "flex-bed" utility makes up for the lack of length, especially the flat-top wheel wells. Obviously if you're hauling 12' sheetrock or a 14' kayak every day, you probably want a different vehicle.

.is there at least a cable attached to them through the doors/dash like the cars had in the 70’s-80’s?
I highly doubt it. At that point, it would make more sense to just make power mirrors standard.

I would be willing to pay an additional $1,500 for cloth seats in the Lariat.
You could get the seats reupholstered in whatever cloth you desire for not much more than that.

There's similar commentary for leather seats on XLT F-150s. It's a popular-enough demand that dealers will upfit XLT 302As with Katzkin leather.

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
The only other pickup that has a roof rack as an option is the Tacoma. The Frontier had one, but I believe it was canned when the 3.8L engine debuted. They aren't popular items on pickup trucks for pretty obvious reasons (having a bed being one).
I had a friend that loved the “well actually” game.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I had a friend that loved the “well actually” game.
People like to complain a lot. It's really easy to sit back and nitpick other people's work, so I don't blame 'em. Especially because the people that are going to trade their hard-earned money for the Maverick don't care about the folks that wrote the thousands of pages of manuals, diagrams, and procedures for this vehicle or the thousands of hours of testing and certification to get the vehicle road-worthy; they want a finished end product with minimal problems that meets their wants and desires.

But just take a look here...this thread is 19 pages long. Not a whole lot of other threads in the first five pages of recent posts come close.
Sponsored

Last edited: