Sponsored

What do you like LEAST about the Maverick?

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lack of sync3 or auto-up windows without moving up to the lariat trim level. Auto-up windows seems like a useless feature until you've used it a few times. No hands free phone without sync3 is a bummer too.
Where is this no hands-free info coming from? I've seen the close-up XLT trim steering wheel with the voice control buttons. Are you referring to dialing with your voice? maybe it won't have that...although if it has android auto and you can use the google assistant, shouldn't you be able to dial through that function?

Waitingtosee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Explorer Limited, 2022 Ford Maverick FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No AWD with the hybrid! Also, that I have to wait months to get it! 😀

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would've liked a slightly longer bed. Maybe 5 or 5.5 feet. As one person said, hauling a washer and drier together is a pretty common task for a light pickup truck.

Also, I would've liked for them to put roof rails on the cab of it to accommodate longer things like canoes over the cab and bed.

But overall, it'll meet my needs.
Don’t tell any of your friends that you have a truck- that rule goes back a long time. Trucks have always meant “moving service”…I say avoid all that.

pig

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f-150
I hope I'm wrong.I don't see a voice command button on any of the Interior pictures I have seen.

Sponsored

Rxturbo7man

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger, 87 RX7 TII, 10th AE Miata, 22 CX-5
Engine
Undecided
Shifter and lack of paddle shifters. Too small bed.

Equipenquin

First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
the screen. its like they made an effort designing everything else and forgot about the screen. it almost looks aftermarket

Last edited:

Fred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Stupid question....the XL without the power side mirrors....is there at least a cable attached to them through the doors/dash like the cars had in the 70’s-80’s? Or are the mirrors actually manually adjustable by pushing on them through an open window??

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2021 Tesla Model Y
Stupid question....the XL without the power side mirrors....is there at least a cable attached to them through the doors/dash like the cars had in the 70’s-80’s? Or are the mirrors actually manually adjustable by pushing on them through an open window??
We won't know until they're delivered

Most people with the XL are getting the Copilot 360 package because it comes with the power mirrors too

Sponsored

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Pushing through open window.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
the screen. its like they made an effort designing everything else and forgot about the screen. it almost looks aftermarket
Right, I wish they would have just put a Double-DIN in it and let the aftermarket have at it. Seriously, if Ford is having all of these issues getting their OEM parts made, maybe a modular system allowing aftermarket integration would be helpful.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Right, I wish they would have just put a Double-DIN in it and let the aftermarket have at it. Seriously, if Ford is having all of these issues getting their OEM parts made, maybe a modular system allowing aftermarket integration would be helpful.
not helpful from Ford's perspective of selling higher trim levels and adding options. Aftermarket accessories are probably not at the top of Ford's priorities list when designing to get a vehicle from concept to retail.

Down

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick/02 Z06 Vette
I've already weighed in with other annoyances but as time as gone on, I gotta add "how much uglier the Lariat wheel options look compared to the XLT wheels".

Charles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Edge
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The "Baby Blue" Lariat seats and the orange accents.
Sponsored