Sponsored

What Do I Inspect When I Pick Up My Mav?

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Make sure there is no dead bodies in the back. Very hard and unbelievable to try and return them once you leave the lot.
Sponsored

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
For all the reports of this problem or that problem I found that my Maverick is awesome and that 1500 miles in does not have any major defects.

(You'd hear this sort of thing more often but I didn't bother to post a thread just to let everyone know it's all a-okay)

Last edited:

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Smell Gas? Glad you are getting yours

sn00pyguy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sn00pyguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Friday, I fly to Philly (will explain later) to pick up "Dirk 41" , (The Greatest Dallas Maverick Ever) and drive it back 1500 miles to Dallas.....well, not in one day. I drive fast but not that fast.

So what do I Inspect? What do I need to be on the lookout for? Been scared enough by the paint threads but those have died off. And the "my Mav broke down 8 feet out of the dealer lot" .....or the "blah blah blah".......talk everywhere on this forum.

Any ideas on things to check? I am usually not diligent on these things but if I have a list, I can follow it.

Any suggestions? Thank you and will update next week!
Well, I have pretty much the same package. Usually you take it easy on a vehicle for the first 500 miles let it break in. The Hybrid is a car for around town and not a highway bruiser. There isn't really much to check. Just don't overclock it. Keep the speeds around the limits so it doesn't stress the new engine. The adaptive cruise control is fabulous. If you can put on a bug deflector, do it. I don't know if the paint chippers were regular drivers or dirt road AWD types. Bug guts aren't pretty either though. Congrats and good luck.

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue Hybrid XLT w/Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked mine up last week, and did a 800 mile round trip this weekend to Minneapolis. Wow this Maverick cruises the freeway and traffic nicely.

Never had a hybrid before, so was surprised at how I was not used to the noises the electric motors would be making. It's not loud, but it's just different.

Dealer didn't know about the Fits Package, but they found it right away for me.

Dealer was a national chain and required an $800 "Accessory" charge that I wasn't really ready for, it was a little shady, but they didn't charge over MSRP so I just let it go. Included some surface protection plans, gimicky 3rd brake light and nitrogen in tires. I let them have it on the feedback survey though.

You probably don't have to deal with it, but it's been in the 30's here, so the gas milage really doesn't get up to expected values until the ICE is fully warm.

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, and maybe it's just me not being used to a hybrid in the country, but I might be getting 39-40mpg cruising at 59, then if i notch the cruise down a mph, it will cruise in electric for about half a mile then go back to the engine. Since there was no regenerative breaking, I sit at 32-35mpg for a good couple miles and then it hops back up to 39-40. A bit strange but understandable. No hills here, and does it every time on my drive home.

Those are a few things I have noticed right away Joe.

Sponsored

truraptor

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Escape PHEV
Friday, I fly to Philly (will explain later) to pick up "Dirk 41" , (The Greatest Dallas Maverick Ever) and drive it back 1500 miles to Dallas.....well, not in one day. I drive fast but not that fast.

So what do I Inspect? What do I need to be on the lookout for? Been scared enough by the paint threads but those have died off. And the "my Mav broke down 8 feet out of the dealer lot" .....or the "blah blah blah".......talk everywhere on this forum.

Any ideas on things to check? I am usually not diligent on these things but if I have a list, I can follow it.

Any suggestions? Thank you and will update next week!
Love the name! Mine is named 'Disco Dirk' - one of Nowitzki's many nicknames!

OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Oh, btw, I wouldn't wear a cowboys jacket through philly...
I wouldn't wear a Cowboy piece of apparel if you paid me!!!!!!!

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't forget a good USB cable for Android Auto (or its Apple equivalent) if you want maps, music, and recharging.

For a long East Coast journey you'd want to remember your EZ-Pass transponder; I don't know if there are toll roads in the midwest too.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FITS Kit if it's important to you. 1500 miles is a long ways away to drive back to get it.
Only piece I'm using out of a few in the kit is the trash receptacle. Everything else is, well..... trash.
Yep I took all of the Fits pieces except the litter basket and buried them in the garage. To be found when I pass.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FriscoTXJoe

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is a wonderful response, thank you all so much for your help and good wishes.

My schedule flexed this morning so it looks like I am headed there tomorrow and should be in the truck, out the door by 3pm..... I'm a road warrior so my plan is to be back in my bed Thursday night.
Will report back when I wake up from the grueling drive.

I'm bringing this and gonna slap it on the back right away.

Ford Maverick What Do I Inspect When I Pick Up My Mav? 16515881985713329568797964387552

Last edited:

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yep I took all of the Fits pieces except the litter basket and buried them in the garage. To be found when I pass.
The cup holders are ok. I do really like the trash basket, i use it as another easy to reach large receptacle. Good for throwing items you don't want rolling around your back seat. Extra sodas and such.

NewcMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Take along a USB memory stick with some music loaded on it to test and make sure your USB ports are actually wired up.
Bring your lightening/usbc cable and make sure carplay works! Ours was perfect but that's a good way to test and see the features at the same time.

Guilla

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also, I have had my infotainment screen freeze up once (it happened when i turned on the vehicle and went into reverse right away).

To reset you hold the skip forward button and the power button together for about 5 seconds.

Would have been nice to know before i stopped on the side of the road and tried a few things before googling it ;)

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The cup holders are ok. I do really like the trash basket, i use it as another easy to reach large receptacle. Good for throwing items you don't want rolling around your back seat. Extra sodas and such.
Mine currently has four 1 liter waters and a microfiber towel for emergencies and to keep the water from rattling.
Sponsored