First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order from Ed Simpson at Chapman. Using the invoice sheet, his deal, and their fees I got directly from my price agreement here is what I come up with:

2022 XLT Hybrid - Hot Pepper Red
$22,745 (4% under invoice)
+$394 doc fee
+$123 license fee
+$1,365 taxes (6%)

OTD $24,627

Of course this is likely off by a few dollars, but you should be under $25k OTD including taxes and this is the truck you want. If you can fly to PA and make a road trip out of it, this would be the way to go. But that's a long trek.
Do you know if Chapman Ford of Scottsdale, AZ is affiliated with the PA dealership and if they might offer a similar deal?
Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know if Chapman Ford of Scottsdale, AZ is affiliated with the PA dealership and if they might offer a similar deal?
No idea.

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also if you can get x-plan i think that forces dealer fees to 100 or less. I will be using x-plan.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the XL because I made a rule for myself that if I could add it later myself I wouldnā€™t pay extra for it right now (everyone has different financial priorities). The XLT was tempting but when we looked at it, the thing that annoyed me was everything extra in the base XLT was stuff I could do (bed tiedowns etc), but the features we wanted were in the luxury package. If I could have just added the Lux package to XL I would have. Itā€™s all good though, still stoked for the XL, maybe in 5 years or something I can start messing around with some seat swaps and figure out how to add heated seats.

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
The purchase of my 2016 Transit Connect was a game changer. For the first time in my life i learned that it was difficult-to-impossible to add anything electronic aftermarket. The reason is because there may not be an accessible harness or connection point to tie into. I saved my Sirius XM receiver from my previous vehicle, thinking i could just add it to the new one. WRONG! You can find installers who will tie things into the system, but you may balk at the cost. When my Sync system failed about 4 years later, and i refused to pay the dealer $3K to replace it, i was able to have an aftermarket touchscreen head unit installed (Audio Express), but 7 months later i am still waiting to get a steering wheel control module installed, because of parts shortages. My advice is to have everything you want on the vehicle when you take possession. The expense, time, and hassle of adding it later may fill you with regret

Sponsored

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered the XL because I made a rule for myself that if I could add it later myself I wouldnā€™t pay extra for it right now (everyone has different financial priorities). The XLT was tempting but when we looked at it, the thing that annoyed me was everything extra in the base XLT was stuff I could do (bed tiedowns etc), but the features we wanted were in the luxury package. If I could have just added the Lux package to XL I would have. Itā€™s all good though, still stoked for the XL, maybe in 5 years or something I can start messing around with some seat swaps and figure out how to add heated seats.
I had the exact same perspective. The only thing I figure I can't add to the XL is the cruise control, but I don't ever use it in my current car. I opted for the 360 to get the power mirrors. I'll be swapping out the wheels (~$600) and will probably add the $100 keyless entry accessory. Everything else I will DIY. Plus, I prefer the black seats.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had my dealer order mine today. Cactus Gray XL Hybrid. Co-Pilot 360, Power Inverter, Trailer Hitch. That's it. Will get a tri-fold hard tonneau later and a remote keypad. Might upgrade the wheels someday later.
My 4WD Sport Trac will get me through another winter since I'd not expect the Maverick much before spring.

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought I read someone saying they ordered an XL with the Luxury Package. It could have been a typo but I'd at least check into it. Again, they may have meant to say XLT but missed the T. Good luck too.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had the exact same perspective. The only thing I figure I can't add to the XL is the cruise control, but I don't ever use it in my current car. I opted for the 360 to get the power mirrors. I'll be swapping out the wheels (~$600) and will probably add the $100 keyless entry accessory. Everything else I will DIY. Plus, I prefer the black seats.
Same here with adding the 360- it seems to have lots of benefits. Yeah Iā€™m looking forward to seeing the seats in person. I really want to know how they are for comfort.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same here with adding the 360- it seems to have lots of benefits. Yeah Iā€™m looking forward to seeing the seats in person. I really want to know how they are for comfort.
It won't happen but I am just hoping something crazy happens with parts and any XL ordered with Copilot360 gets cruise but again I know that's a pipe dream.

Sponsored

scottrrr

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Cruise can be added later but itā€™ll likely have to be aftermarket as itā€™s unlikely itā€™ll be as simple as swapping parts on the steering wheel (Ford has made that problematic lately). No offense to Rostra but aftermarket cruise control seems like something that could go horribly wrong to me.
I spoke with one dealer who had just gotten rid of an XL that a customer didn't want because it didn't come with cruise. He said they would do it for about $800 and it would not void the warranty.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Same with power seats and mirrors. Once I have the seat adjusted I rarely move it.
Ah see the issue for me is that I want at least an 8-way seat so I can adjust it to where I like it. Heck my '99 F-150 had an 8-way power plus manual lumbar and manual recline seat.

I will say though, the 6-way manual seat has a decent range of adjustment. In the lowest position it felt like a Tacoma. In the highest position it didn't feel far off from a Silverado. If it had manual seat bottom tilt then that'd be the bee's knees.

My advice is to have everything you want on the vehicle when you take possession. The expense, time, and hassle of adding it later may fill you with regret
I agree with you now. Before I'd be willing to take an XL and add on things aftermarket or OEM-swap parts. But now, I'd rather have everything factory installed and just do the finishing touches (tint, PPF, seat covers, etc.).

Tinkering is fun don't get me wrong. Like, I added aftermarket heated seats to one of my F-150s. It was easy enough since I already had a fuse block I added in with Key-On-Power.

OP
OP
CACTI_HYBRID

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All these electric features and computerized gizmos are just things to go wrong. My first car was a 1966 Volkswagen Beetle. Sure, the modern gadgets are nice, but this is a pickup truck I'll be using for simple runs around town and occasional hauling needs. I don't need a seat that gives me a massage (as found in the higher-end F-150 and 250 trucks). I'd be fine with crank windows, rubber flooring, and manual most everything. Stuff should it break, I can fix it.

Reactions: Edj

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Iā€™ll bet you have one of those tubular coolers that you put ice in and hang from a window
Sponsored