Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 GTI, 22 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So I had the unfortunate situation where my Maverick was broken into. Tools, a portable battery pack, cold weather gear and a back pack were stolen.
Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! 9453DE0C-6F82-4DB1-B5AC-0505A010DA12

The person broke 3, yes three, windows and at least had the common decency to leave the drivers window alone.

I filed a police report, waiting on a call from insurance, and hoping there is not a shortage on glass windows cause FML…( I only waited 10 months to get this Mav)
Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! DFD5AF4F-0673-44E4-B228-DD62BF109EA6

Oh, I can still play cards against humanity, but some of my old motorcycle cold weather gear is gone too. Hopefully the jerk that stole my Buell motorcycle neck gator is staying somewhat warm.

Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! E56BA323-5B01-4AC1-8826-678AEDBF2170

Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! 6E5D9C89-C8DB-4AC1-A548-4D9E790E3F79
Life happens and I am beyond pissed but what can you do.

Now to try and keep my truck air tight, park my other vehicles in lit areas at work and pray to the parts god that I can get my truck back on the road cause this was the only reliable car I had. Not to mention that I have Eibach lowering springs on order so that is probably going to be put on the wayside

Stay safe out there and hid your belongings

11-28-22 1600ish
posted an update; it’s on page 3
Truck is getting fixed this week
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fitzovich

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I had the unfortunate situation where my Maverick was broken into. Tools, a portable battery pack, cold weather gear and a back pack were stolen.
9453DE0C-6F82-4DB1-B5AC-0505A010DA12.jpeg

The person broke 3, yes three, windows and at least had the common decency to leave the drivers window alone.

I filed a police report, waiting on a call from insurance, and hoping there is not a shortage on glass windows cause FML…( I only waited 10 months to get this Mav)
DFD5AF4F-0673-44E4-B228-DD62BF109EA6.jpeg

Oh, I can still play cards against humanity, but some of my old motorcycle cold weather gear is gone too. Hopefully the jerk that stole my Buell motorcycle neck gator is staying somewhat warm.

E56BA323-5B01-4AC1-8826-678AEDBF2170.jpeg

6E5D9C89-C8DB-4AC1-A548-4D9E790E3F79.jpeg
Life happens and I am beyond pissed but what can you do.

Now to try and keep my truck air tight, park my other vehicles in lit areas at work and pray to the parts god that I can get my truck back on the road cause this was the only reliable car I had. Not to mention that I have Eibach lowering springs on order so that is probably going to be put on the wayside

Stay safe out there and hid your belongings
Wow! Sorry that this happened to you, these thieves just suck….

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! 19714

~ and now a little more empty.

Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! hate

I am truly sorry :( I live in downtown Indianapolis and a similar thing happened to me with our KIA. I will be adding the Ford Perimeter Security system to my Maverick soon, but it still may not keep this kind of thing from happening.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry, hate thieves. Hope your Insurance is not a high deductible.
Only thing I can suggest is mount a game camera ($60-80 for a reasonable one) on a pole, etc to capture a picture if it happens again….Naturally what they stole cost less than the damage.

Last edited:

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sucks. Hopefully the windows will be easy to come by. I couldn't think why they would break three but then it occurred to me breaking one and opening the door would set off the alarm.

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Rule#1, don't leave anything in plain view for them to see. One more trip in the house and you'd still have your tools and windows. I learned this lesson at 16.

2cafn8d

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Monica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sucks! I'm so sorry. I learned long ago to have nothing in my car, not so much as a dime because somebody will steal it.

I hope you are able to get everything fixed asap.

OrangeBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That sucks. I still think about my brand new GTI that got broken into, over 35 years ago.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sorry to hear of it. :( There are hardly any communities left where it would be safe to leave things in plain sight inside the vehicle, so this isn't a Wichita thing by any means. People get cars broken into all the time, especially ones that are unlocked in front of their home. I've had people on my cameras in the middle of the night but the vehicle we park outside is always locked and never has anything inside that people can see.

If your tools fit under the bench put them there even if it's a nuisance getting them in and out. Or you can get a tonneau cover and put things in the back, bearing in mind that it's actually not secure (especially if a soft cover like I have) and you have to avoid letting people see you put anything back there after parking.

NextTruck

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Unfortunately, thievery is being rewarded everywhere with no consequences. Until the authorities and politicians (not the officers on the street) decide these crimes are unacceptable (they won't) it will continue and become more and more common (which it has). Just an "oh well things happen" and acceptance of this is not the answer.

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
19714.jpg

~ and now a little more empty.

hate.jpg

I am truly sorry :( I live in downtown Indianapolis and a similar thing happened to me with our KIA. I will be adding the Ford Perimeter Security system to my Maverick soon, but it still may not keep this kind of thing from happening.
Funny photo. Unfortunately if the alarm goes off they still have time to grab your stuff and go.

Flight Test

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvettes
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What happened to you really sucks, sorry to hear about it. I do not know your circumstances why you left your stuff in the truck, very difficult and expensive lesson to learn. The thieves should be taken out back and beat to within an inch of their lives, perhaps they would learn their lesson.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So sorry to see this. Thieves and liars are the scummiest of our society.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unfortunately, thievery is being rewarded everywhere with no consequences. Until the authorities and politicians (not the officers on the street) decide these crimes are unacceptable (they won't) it will continue and become more and more common (which it has). Just an "oh well things happen" and acceptance of this is not the answer.
Somewhere along the line, our country decided victims are less important than the worthless trash that commit crimes. Jail time is too short and we spend too much of good peoples money on “taking care” of criminals. Put twenty in a cell, give them TV dinners, stop giving them health care and dentistry that are better than the average Joe decent citizen, no more computers, save on heat by keeping temps at 55 degrees,air conditioning at 78 degrees,heck make them watch six channels on black and white television

Last edited:

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I remember seeing this a while ago and I keep telling myself. I want to get this, but I keep forgetting to talk to my service advisor about it.

Ford Maverick What are the odds I can get 3 replacement windows?? Maverick broken into! Screenshot_20221128-105709
Sponsored