Sponsored

What are base Rangers going for in your town?

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As much as I want a hybrid, I don’t believe Ford will actually build my base hybrid XL that I ordered in October, 2021 on January 9. What are 2022 base Rangers going for in your area? Do you know anyone who has a recent year Ranger. Any opinions about them? And no I don’t care about the new design for 2024. I have decided I need to find a Plan B just in case.
Sponsored

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely drive one first. I drove a 2020 XLT FX4 that was new at the time. I ended up buying a 4Runner in January 2020 instead.

Loved the Ranger’s engine but didn’t like the ride quality, jumpiness of the transmission at low speeds and the braking felt a bit weak for the power even with an empty bed...but I was beating the ever living crap out of it too at the time too so I may be biased. The F150 was a better value back then, I just didn’t want a full size truck. So I tried out the Ranger and Tacoma and just didn’t like them as much as the 4Runner for their $40k+ price points at the time.

The Maverick to me is worlds better. Ride, comfort, interior space, etc are steps above the Ranger in my opinion. I couldn’t go back to a Ranger at this point but I am also more of a car guy than a truck guy so it’s the best of both worlds to me too.

Finding new is still going to be difficult. Talk to a few dealers first, they may embellish the truth a bit but they really have nothing but orders most of the time for new vehicles at least from two I went to recently.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've seen them in the low 40's for XLT and Lariat. Not many to choose from though.
With the new (to North America) models coming next year, any 22 Rangers should see a nice discount. That said, times are all sorts of fucked up now so who really knows? I do love the look of the next gen Rangers and if they were actually attainable in the US, I'd consider one.

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost