Sponsored

What age group are you in buying a Maverick?

• Total voters

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think Ford understands the market this hits, young people don’t own houses so they don’t really need a truck. I’m 68 and this will be vehicle 3 for us, something that we can leave outside, take to Home Depot, Lowes, Gardening places, dump etc. If they thought this was geared for 20 somethings or 30’s I don’t think their only vehicle will be a truck unless they are really into outdoor activities.
You hit it with your last sentence.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At 67 my purchase motivations have matured. I figure some of the other seniors on the forum feel the same. When I was younger all I wanted was something that was eye catching and unique...and the ladies would like. When I got older, I wanted something that reflected my success to others....and the ladies would like. Now I want something for me. At 67, I don't want to crawl out of or climb up into a vehicle. At 67, I want a vehicle with utility for my needs. At 67, I want a vehicle with value. I no longer need to buy a vehicle that costs as much as a home did when I was young. The Maverick is the perfect vehicle for me, not just for my age....but it fits with the wisdom I've gained over the years. It is cool. It has value. AND I am as excited as a 16 year old to get it.
what about the ladies? :ROFLMAO:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don’t think Ford understands the market this hits, young people don’t own houses so they don’t really need a truck. I’m 68 and this will be vehicle 3 for us, something that we can leave outside, take to Home Depot, Lowes, Gardening places, dump etc. If they thought this was geared for 20 somethings or 30’s I don’t think their only vehicle will be a truck unless they are really into outdoor activities.
but that is the target market- at least for hybrid. Ford doesn't sell any sedans in US anymore, so Ford needed a cheap entry level vehicle to attract younger buyers. It's why it is a 4 door and not body on frame. It's a cheap entry level sedan, but with a bed and a lot of versatility. Us old folks have already cycled through many life stages and know exactly how this meshes with our lifestyle and interests now.

sjJohnny

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat, Bronco Black Diamond
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMO, Ford is more savvy than that. The group that is _least_ likely to buy is the 20-30 somethings for the reasons you point out. So you market to them on low entry price and value, and sell them into 'coolness factor' (a tough hill to climb). The 50s, 60s, 70s - the old farts club are already sold.

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobody is going to market to us 60’s and 70’s group, I mean who would buy in their 20’s and 30’s if they thought it was for us oldies but goldies. So yes they are smart marketing to a young group because every product is marketed to people in their 20’s and 30’s. I’m just saying it may be marketed that way but they know that actual purchasing will be vastly different. The only product that is marketed for the people with the most assets is healthcare products, drugs, insurance Etc. I mean the people with the most savings, assets and money don’t look good in ads for 4 wheel drive camping adventures.

Sponsored

Oakland

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nobody is going to market to us 60’s and 70’s group, I mean who would buy in their 20’s and 30’s if they thought it was for us oldies but goldies. So yes they are smart marketing to a young group because every product is marketed to people in their 20’s and 30’s. I’m just saying it may be marketed that way but they know that actual purchasing will be vastly different. The only product that is marketed for the people with the most assets is healthcare products, drugs, insurance Etc. I mean the people with the most savings, assets and money don’t look good in ads for 4 wheel drive camping adventures.
I think the only vehicle that is marketed towards older folks is Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Buick commercials are laughable when they try to go after the younger market. I can't recall ever seeing anyone under the age of 40 driving a KIA Soul that seemed to be targeted at the younger urban crowd. I saw the latest Hyundai Santa Cruz commercial with the lady doing the narration. This is not a jab, but that vehicle does seem like it would appeal to most ladies because of it being more car like. Pretty smart of them to market a truck for that segment of the population.

Last edited:

MarkG

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Looking into buying a maverick
Reminds me of very first car I actually purchased
Plymouth arrow with Mitsubishi engine manual. Supper fun back in the day

64FA81E9-B9EB-486C-8171-59A0CAD43DAD.jpeg
I had a Dodge D50. Almost identical.

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
I completely missed the demographic with the Maverick. I would've assumed younger people but reading through this, I agree with everyone. The only part I have seemed to hit was there is a lot of cross shopping between Subaru's vehicles and the Maverick... Which begs the question: Will Subaru bring back the BRAT based on the Ascent platform? 🤔

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I completely missed the demographic with the Maverick. I would've assumed younger people but reading through this, I agree with everyone. The only part I have seemed to hit was there is a lot of cross shopping between Subaru's vehicles and the Maverick... Which begs the question: Will Subaru bring back the BRAT based on the Ascent platform? 🤔
Man, I sure hope they don't. I only say that because I'm buying a Maverick.

I have wanted a BRAT forever. They are all over Australia, but NOooo we can't have them here in the USA. If they come out with them again AFTER I buy my Maverick, I will be PISSED. I am a real fan of Subaru. I would have to consider selling the Maverick for a BRAT.

Just sayin'

Sponsored

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A Brat based on the Ascent would be Honda Ridgeline size. Something off the Forester would be closer to the Maverick. With today’s safety rules you would never see those bed mounted seats like the Brat. If they did anything it would be more like the Baja, I believe.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
A Brat based on the Ascent would be Honda Ridgeline size. Something off the Forester would be closer to the Maverick. With today’s safety rules you would never see those bed mounted seats like the Brat. If they did anything it would be more like the Baja, I believe.
I am convinced that California is known to cause cancer in the state of California, as is the lack of the state of California.

the fact that we all survived what to today’s kids must have been terrifying and brutal days of the ancient past (1970’s and 80’s childhood in my case) is amazing. Riding in the back of a pickup on a highway? Child abuse. Making a kid walk home from school? Child abandonment. Getting a hardship license at 14 to help on the farm? Inconceivable.

who knows how we ever did it and lived to see reproduce certainly defies Darwinism. :eek:

Which begs the question: Will Subaru bring back the BRAT based on the Ascent platform? 🤔
[emphasis added] /begin pedant
one of my pet peeves has made it into common parlance “Begging the Question” aka ‘petitio principii' means to presume a part of the conclusion as a presumption leading to a circular argument. Why does this bug me so? In formal logic, it is a fallacy. I know this is not what @JamesHenry means he means it begets, brings forth, or demands the question be answered. There is a reason why analytic philosophers are known as anal. Philosophers. We analyze language, turn it into maths equations and use logic and math tools, like set theory, to see if you can safely get from start to finish.

please note aka NB, while the above is hyperbolic, it is also sadly true. I suspect James is the kind of guy who can appreciate my peculiar sense of humour and will take it in the way it was intended: poking at good guy with something minor just to be an ass (aka the way most of us over35 or so probably grew up. The fact that I have to explain all this to anyone else is a sad statement of the times we live in.

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
[emphasis added] /begin pedant
one of my pet peeves has made it into common parlance “Begging the Question” aka ‘petitio principii' means to presume a part of the conclusion as a presumption leading to a circular argument. Why does this bug me so? In formal logic, it is a fallacy. I know this is not what @JamesHenry means he means it begets, brings forth, or demands the question be answered. There is a reason why analytic philosophers are known as anal. Philosophers. We analyze language, turn it into maths equations and use logic and math tools, like set theory, to see if you can safely get from start to finish.

please note aka NB, while the above is hyperbolic, it is also sadly true. I suspect James is the kind of guy who can appreciate my peculiar sense of humour and will take it in the way it was intended: poking at good guy with something minor just to be an ass (aka the way most of us over35 or so probably grew up. The fact that I have to explain all this to anyone else is a sad statement of the times we live in.
😂 I appreciate it and had a good chuckle. You're right, I have always used the expression "begs the question" as a way to invite discussion into something that could be obvious. I will now forever use the expression "to raise a question" instead... unless that is wrong as well LOL.

Also, how dare you age me. I know nothing about newsgroups, BBS and Muds 👀

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
😂 I appreciate it and had a good chuckle. You're right, I have always used the expression "begs the question" as a way to invite discussion into something that could be obvious. I will now forever use the expression "to raise a question" instead... unless that is wrong as well LOL.

Also, how dare you age me. I know nothing about newsgroups, BBS and Muds 👀
Nope, it definitely raises the question ;)

I appreciate your reply greatly.

pity myARPAnet account is long gone I have a sudden desire to play Zork on the TI mainframe by dialing in at 200 baud.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Turning 40 this year. It's either a nice vacation, party with friends and love ones, or a huge down payment for the truck. I choose the truck of course! Early, budget friendly midlife crisis purchase!
Sponsored