Sponsored

What age group are you in buying a Maverick?

• Total voters

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
but that is the target market- at least for hybrid. Ford doesn't sell any sedans in US anymore, so Ford needed a cheap entry level vehicle to attract younger buyers. It's why it is a 4 door and not body on frame. It's a cheap entry level sedan, but with a bed and a lot of versatility. Us old folks have already cycled through many life stages and know exactly how this meshes with our lifestyle and interests now.
By this poll 43% are over 50. Interesting
Sponsored

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am convinced that California is known to cause cancer in the state of California, as is the lack of the state of California.

the fact that we all survived what to today’s kids must have been terrifying and brutal days of the ancient past (1970’s and 80’s childhood in my case) is amazing. Riding in the back of a pickup on a highway? Child abuse. Making a kid walk home from school? Child abandonment. Getting a hardship license at 14 to help on the farm? Inconceivable.

who knows how we ever did it and lived to see reproduce certainly defies Darwinism. :eek:

[emphasis added] /begin pedant
one of my pet peeves has made it into common parlance “Begging the Question” aka ‘petitio principii' means to presume a part of the conclusion as a presumption leading to a circular argument. Why does this bug me so? In formal logic, it is a fallacy. I know this is not what @JamesHenry means he means it begets, brings forth, or demands the question be answered. There is a reason why analytic philosophers are known as anal. Philosophers. We analyze language, turn it into maths equations and use logic and math tools, like set theory, to see if you can safely get from start to finish.

please note aka NB, while the above is hyperbolic, it is also sadly true. I suspect James is the kind of guy who can appreciate my peculiar sense of humour and will take it in the way it was intended: poking at good guy with something minor just to be an ass (aka the way most of us over35 or so probably grew up. The fact that I have to explain all this to anyone else is a sad statement of the times we live in.
It’s Facebook, not a place for pet peeves or correcting others. Informal discussions, not an English class. 😜
Begs the question is acceptable, just not the preferred phrase.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/beg-the-question

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order

Sponsored

Jimmy P

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Swapping two for one. Later model Chrysler 300 that I bought used 2 1/2 years ago is worth more now than when I bought it, plus an older Chevy Silverado with low miles that I just don't drive much because of the size and gas mileage. Wife still has her nice GMC SUV. Maverick makes sense, 4 doors, good mileage and power (ordered an XLT Lux with the 2.0), and a bed for occasional hauling in the 'burbs. It's a Goldilocks situation - "just right".

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m showing 55% over 50, 34% 60 and over. I actually think more hybrids will be bought by the older age groups because someone 60 probably doesn’t need 4 wheel drive gas engine to pull a boat or go camping on a dirt road up in the hills or mountains. I think that’s why they are going to screw up the production by over forecasting the 2.0 and under forecasting the hybrid. people in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s maybe pulling boats, jet ski’s, trailers and really probably need the 2.0. Not sure the hybrid is really going to tow much when you put a couple people and gear in it. Can’t imagine pulling a boat out of a lake with front wheel drive on a slick ramp. My son has ahard time with a rear wheel drive Tacoma When its steep and wet.

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
I thought about this last night and I think its important to note that in mind that at the time of writing this, there are just 419 votes. That is an exceedingly small sample size out of the 80k+ reservations. I also suspect that most forum users these days are of an older generation who spent time on this newfangled thing called the world wide web in the era of dial-up.

Looking at a few different forums that have had the poll about average age (non-Maverick related), seeing the 35+ age group was fairly dominate in the voting results.

pity myARPAnet account is long gone I have a sudden desire to play Zork on the TI mainframe by dialing in at 200 baud.
Not trying to be a bad influence, but don't let that desire go unfulfilled! Zork I: The Great Underground Empire | Play game online! (playclassic.games) 😉

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
By this poll 43% are over 50. Interesting
right. But a poll that is biased towards people already interested in this specific vehicle (why this forum exists) so I would take it with a grain of salt ;) Ford is trying to create a new market segment for "people who never knew they needed a truck" while at the same time bringing back a compact truck that is affordable, versatile and optionable depending on tastes and budget. I would be more persuaded by a poll after these are plentiful in the wild, on dealer lots for test drives, and some magazine test reports are out and digested for pros and cons of buying and owning a Maverick. If it meets it's stated mission with no fatal flaws, I'm guessing younger buyers will be more represented in later surveys and polling.

Sponsored

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford already said the hybrid bookings are trending much higher than they forecasted and just looking at numbers dealers probably won’t even get their hands on a hybrid until late spring. There are 6-7 vehicles that compete with the gas Maverick, there are zero vehicles that compete with the hybrid Maverick. If you want gas you can get a Honda. Chevy, 2 Fords, Nissan and Hyundai.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Authority says males under 40 is one of the targeted demographics for the Maverick.

I thought it would be interesting to see our demographics, but I did not want anyone to be able to see what an individual user is. So if you want to participate, pick a gender and an age. Please do not comment below unless you potentially want your demographics exposed individual votes are theoretically turned off from visibility. The reason for the 73 cut off is I am used to gathering medical data and 74 is the cutoff for Hipaa data collection as it is considered identifying info.

Falcon first

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, BMW M235 coupe
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This goes back to a question I posted a while back when it appeared that reservations/orders were trending to a much higher age group than targeted. Granted these numbers are so small they are meaningless but 55% are over age 50. My real question is it would be nice to have a column for the age groups showing which engine the age groups are choosing. I stated weeks ago I thought older age groups may actually be buying more hybrids than younger buyers and this isn’t what you would think with younger people being more accustomed to hybrids/phev/ev vehicles.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This goes back to a question I posted a while back when it appeared that reservations/orders were trending to a much higher age group than targeted. Granted these numbers are so small they are meaningless but 55% are over age 50. My real question is it would be nice to have a column for the age groups showing which engine the age groups are choosing. I stated weeks ago I thought older age groups may actually be buying more hybrids than younger buyers and this isn’t what you would think with younger people being more accustomed to hybrids/phev/ev vehicles.
It was, as I recall your post that first it me wondering myself, and then I saw the article.

we are going to be a skewed population, and it is obvious most of us have a higher tech/educational background than is typical, but I was not expecting the degree I am seeing. Of course The poll is new and certain kinds of people have not even seen it, so I suspect it will balance out, but in general I agree with you.

I honestly don’t know how to force this forums poll system to take 3 responses in 3 areas with only 2 from each area. If you grok it, go for it. It would be interesting to see.
Sponsored