First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, Hybrid Mav, Odyssey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's been a crazy world since early 2020...

But I also remember stories of people ordering luxury German cars and the regular wait was 6+ months. Way before Covid.
Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

:confused: Guess the people whining about Ford haven't look at other brands, they are all just as bad right now. Popular vehicles from every brand have 6-18 month waiting lists. The entry global economy is missed up, get your head out of the sand people!

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You only hear about the extreme negatives from people. There is always bias when people feel they have been duped or screwed over. Rarely will people who have had good experiences come on forums and make threads about it

ehauser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mazda 3, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do wish we could order directly from Ford and get a scheduled build date immediately. Even if it was an estimate at least we would all have a vague idea of when we could expect our trucks. I was told November or December when I ordered. Over 4 months later and no idea if I’ll even get it this year. And others have been waiting months longer than me. I just want an idea of when to plan for it. The ordering system could be better.

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
I thought I was a young guy but apparently everyone here is 2 years old.

Do you guys have zero memory of any auto regulation? Do you think we just magically made up some arbitrary rules one day after Ralph Nader wrote a fiction novel?

Corvair safety?

Takata airbags?

VW cheating Diesel regulation?

How about the Ford Pinto improvised explosive device?

Chrysler vs GM fake prototypes?

GM Motor mounts in the 60s?

That's just off memory I'm sure there are literally books written about automotive failures, disasters, and scandals to fill your head. I don't know what planet you live on if you just now realized buying a car is complicated, can have recalls, and some dealers suck I just don't know what to tell you. My excuse is that I'm 30ish and only bought one car on my own. I don't know what everyone else's excuse is

Sponsored

bravesfan10c

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Pepper Red XLT FX4 AWD LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My only real issue with this process is the build allocation system. My Dealership has 27 Mavericks on order and cannot get any of them scheduled. If we are going to be direct ordering, then process the orders as they are received. I understand there are part constraints, but that should be the only thing keeping trucks from being built in order.

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my Maverick in June and got it delivered in December with no issues other than the publicly stated restraints, which I modified my order and got scheduled. I got more emails from Ford regarding vehicle status than my dealer. Paid MSRP with zero markups as was agreed upon by the dealer. Best car buying experience I’ve had. Ever.
Got mine for around $2500 under MSRP. Good dealer. Do a lot of business with them. But you have your vehicle and I don't.

Stoopid313

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat awd eco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking like a lot of perfect people in this thread that don't make any mistakes. Ever.
I see you must be perfect! Because wheeling that 701 isn’t a mistake! 😂
I got a KTM 690 SMCR. Those things are wheel machines! Favorite bike I’ve ever owned!

Mr.T

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Could we get passed the we are in a pandemic crap. Its been almost two years now. We have a vaccine has saved life's. Our unemployment is at decades low. There's places in the US that hasn't ever claimed to be in a pandemic (Idaho for one). It is over.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How did trying to buy a vehicle become such a $hit$h0w? Obviously this new Order Model of doing business isn't working.
Low production and high demand are the problem, not really the business model per se. Dealerships want the model to fail, the customer to back out after order, so that the 'oopsie' can result in an allocation to them that they can sell on the open market for huge markup. That problem wouldn't exist if markets were normal where companies have to fight to get you to buy their product rather than the other way around.

While dealers and Ford may be enjoying and exploiting the market disruption, ultimately its world governments involved in the shutdowns and not really their doing, nor should we expect them to do anything other than what any smart company would do in a capitalist economy and seek profit.

If you want a return to BAU, you'll have to fight the political economy of mass hysteria. Good luck with that!

Sponsored

JBnorthTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2013 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ford's "order model" in general can't be judged yet by what's happened with the Maverick (or Bronco). First, we all know the pandemic has affected availability of parts and supplies for most vehicles. Second, demand far exceeds supply for these models. Without the order system nearly all the Mavericks would be marked up on dealer lots just as dealers are currently doing with stock orders. Are F150, Escape, and other Ford orders taking as long to build or being marked up like the Maverick? I doubt it.

MaverickTime

Banned
Banned
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Ranger
I thought I was a young guy but apparently everyone here is 2 years old.

Do you guys have zero memory of any auto regulation? Do you think we just magically made up some arbitrary rules one day after Ralph Nader wrote a fiction novel?

Corvair safety?

Takata airbags?

VW cheating Diesel regulation?

How about the Ford Pinto improvised explosive device?

Chrysler vs GM fake prototypes?

GM Motor mounts in the 60s?

That's just off memory I'm sure there are literally books written about automotive failures, disasters, and scandals to fill your head. I don't know what planet you live on if you just now realized buying a car is complicated, can have recalls, and some dealers suck I just don't know what to tell you. My excuse is that I'm 30ish and only bought one car on my own. I don't know what everyone else's excuse is
Rember when GM was putting Oldsmobile engines in Cadillacs? Or their infamus 8,6,4 engines, boy do I remember that fiasco, never bought the brand ever again.
If they are going to screw you, at least use some lube. Lol

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Could we get passed the we are in a pandemic crap. Its been almost two years now. We have a vaccine has saved life's. Our unemployment is at decades low. There's places in the US that hasn't ever claimed to be in a pandemic (Idaho for one). It is over.
Two things:

1. Covid hospitalizations are nearing an all-time high. So... no, it isn't over. I wish it were.

2. Unemployment is the wrong side of the equation if you are concerned about the supply chain. Employers are stressed because they can't find enough employees.

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It wasn't long ago we couldn't find toilet paper, which has few moving parts. Demand was high supply was low and because of things going on, production could not be increased that much because we didn't have enough people. Now multiply that by how many parts are in the Maverick.
People aren’t buying 7-8 mavericks at a time.

this isn’t the same as you buying 7 years worth of tp then the shelves being restocked a few weeks later.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.